Photo

Pocket Scrapbooking grown past it's intention?

pocket scrapbooking project life

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 SueTR

SueTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA, USA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:25 PM

Great topic!  I do have to say, I get really intimidated when I see the super elaborate, gorgeous PL spreads from some scrapbookers.  There is no way I could pull that off and all of the other memory keeping and crafting that I do.  The whole concept has snowballed, which I think is wonderful, but I am really striving to keep it simple.  One 2-page layout a week, inserts when there is something extra I want to include (newspaper articles, programs) 4x6 and 3x4 photos and 3x4 journaling cards…throw in some filler cards for the weeks that there are not that many photos or words and call it done.   This is my fourth year documenting this way and I love having the chronology factor, as I do not scrapbook 12x12 layouts in chronological order.  Next year I will definitely be doing this project again but I have not decided if I will be printing out journaling cards from digital kits I own that include them and doing some of my own cards, or if I will just go all digital.  It will be interesting to see how long this pocket scrapbooking trend lasts!

#22 legal_memories

legal_memories

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

Do I think pocket scrapbooking has grown past its original intention?  Definitely - I recently noticed that people are posting Project Life "sketches" on Pinterest that you can scrap lift.  The point of Project Life was to get away from designing elaborate layouts and needing supports like sketches - but now apparently if you need an elaborate pocket page - there's a sketch for that. Lol!

• princessofcute likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pocket scrapbooking, project life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users