#1 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:37 AM

Hello! I was looking around the forum for a place to discuss on this project :) If there is already one, pls direct me there. I just received my album and i'm excited to get started preparing and setting up the album.

Firstly, I was wondering if any know does Ali plans to use her Daily Sheets from last year to record her days? (One sad thing that happened to me last year was that I LOST MY DAILY SHEETS! And all I was left with was the photos and the templates and some words. Sad :(  :( )

Next, does anyone plan to start on a different week. My plan was to start next week, as the week after will be a busy week, that does not represent my life at the current stage. 

I hope here can be a place we can link up everything for WITL :) SOme links I can provide for now

- Ali's Blog post on WITL

- Ali's album for purchase

- Digital brushes

- 2014 album design plan PDF

Thanks!

• Alice Boll and Carol like this

P E P P E R  :D 
Facebook || Youtube
[Pepper Creations] || **NEW Instagram**

#2 aliedwards

aliedwards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hey Pepper - love your enthusiasm. I'm working on some new Daily Sheets this weekend that I'll be sharing on my blog next week. 

• Alice Boll, Pepper, Ina and 3 others like this

#3 Erica Hettwer

Erica Hettwer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCanby, OR

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

Oh, what a bummer to lose your daily sheets, Pepper! 

I'm doing Week In the Life for the first time this year. It's a busy week for us with a niece getting married but I'm still going to do it that same week. 

In the past I've always been intimidated by WITL because I got overwhelmed with how to cover a week for four people. My plan to over come this is just to focus on me. So, the wedding won't be a huge focus of the week and getting my kids' school days and my husband's work stuff included won't be a stumbling block for me.

I'm really excited about this!

• aliedwards likes this

#4 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:57 AM

In the past I've always been intimidated by WITL because I got overwhelmed with how to cover a week for four people. My plan to over come this is just to focus on me. So, the wedding won't be a huge focus of the week and getting my kids' school days and my husband's work stuff included won't be a stumbling block for me.

I'm really excited about this!

Sounds great focusing on yourself! I'm just focusing on me too! When or you can get your kids and husband to take snap shots of their life too can be an interesting add on to your project!

• aliedwards and Erica Hettwer like this

Facebook || Youtube

#5 aliedwards

aliedwards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

That's the way I've always approached it as well - my story with the other people basically as characters :). There's no way to cover everything!

• Noell, Alice Boll, Erica Hettwer and 1 other like this

#6 aliedwards

aliedwards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Hey again - just wanted to update that once I started looking at the Daily Sheets I decided to keep them the same. I'm creating a 6x8 version for people doing that size as well. 

• Pepper, Erica Hettwer, mshanhun and 1 other like this

#7 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Hey again - just wanted to update that once I started looking at the Daily Sheets I decided to keep them the same. I'm creating a 6x8 version for people doing that size as well.

Yay! Only glad that you are keeping the same b/c I am doing 8 1/2 x 11 this year and have already printed them out and have them in their page protectors! So excited about this...first time I will be doing WITL!
  • BethQuiroz likes this
Read about my life here: http://carolynchastain.blogspot.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/carolchastain05
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cchastain374/
{Connect the Dots...Words+Photos}

#8 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

I'm hoping that my kit will arrive soon - if yours has arrived in Singapore Pepper mine can't be too far away.

I'm not doing the same week as Ali ... mainly because I'll be in Beijing with our Year 6 school trip (I know, aren't they lucky!) And that certainly is not a normal week!

Gab

#9 josieb

josieb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

I received my kit earlier this week, and it's so beautiful!  (I got the blue.)  I love the slim profile, and I've already placed it in my bookcase and it looks so nice nestled in with my books and other albums. :)

This is my first time doing WITL, and I'm excited to start.  It seems to be a big project though, and I'm a little overwhelmed by trying to capture everything.  I don't have kids, but I'm a full time teacher and full time grad student with jam-packed (~15 hour) days outside of the home.  I want to capture the craziness of my life right now, and I hope I can stick with filling out the Daily Sheets.  I think they'll be super helpful.

Does anyone have tips for making sure to take enough photos?  Or photo inspiration for WITL?  This is something I struggle with in my scrapbooking anyway, but I think it'll be more obvious in WITL if I don't have enough photos..!

#10 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

Josie I think you will have tons of photos ... if you focus each day on one thing ... i.e. day one you could do your morning routine (alarm, coffee/tea, breakfast, outfit, commute, arrive at work, etc). Then for day two you could do your work day (pic of your school, detail shots of school, curriculum folders, marking/homework you set, times the school bell rings, daily timetable, what you have for lunch). Then the next day you could do your study life. Maybe the next day you could do the meals you cook.

I've done this before and always take way more photos than I can use - but then at least I have choices! And it doesn't matter if you take all the work photos on one day and use them on another.

After all, it's your life and your project!

Have fun!

• Pepper, josieb and Julie Paradise like this

Gab

#11 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

Josie I think you will have tons of photos ... if you focus each day on one thing ... i.e. day one you could do your morning routine (alarm, coffee/tea, breakfast, outfit, commute, arrive at work, etc). Then for day two you could do your work day (pic of your school, detail shots of school, curriculum folders, marking/homework you set, times the school bell rings, daily timetable, what you have for lunch). Then the next day you could do your study life. Maybe the next day you could do the meals you cook.

I agree with you! :) I took tons and I always have problem choosing what to include without exploding. However, that's the first few days , usually the weekends I would have noting much to take. So i think your tips on focusing on one routine per day is awesome :)

I always try so hard to take everything. But I keep telling myself, it's fine, I have tuesday to take this same routine suppose i "screw it up". I also decide to make do with just iphone photo since this year we are usig the 6x8 album, i dont have to blow up my photos. I believe iphone photo suffice. Moreover I cant lug my dslr around now that i'm mostly out and about with books and laptop but no car . Haha just a decision i made. Tough choice though.

I'm starting #weekinthelife THIS WEEK! is anyone doing so too? I will share some photos and process on my facebook and instagram :) Do share your feeds too ladies :)

• gabmc and josieb like this

Facebook || Youtube

#12 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

Thanks Ali for the prompt replies to all our queries! 

• gabmc likes this

Facebook || Youtube

#13 josieb

josieb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

And it doesn't matter if you take all the work photos on one day and use them on another.

Oh my gosh... Why didn't I think of that?!  Of course I can take all of my work photos on one day!  Brilliant! :)

• geordie281 and gabmc like this

#14 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

Oh my gosh... Why didn't I think of that?!  Of course I can take all of my work photos on one day!  Brilliant! :)

Just saves you thinking about that aspect each and every day!

Gab

#15 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:05 AM

Reading this forum makes me want to participate in this project again. I think I will. :) So, yay!

• geordie281 and Erica Hettwer like this

#16 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Next week is anything but typical, but I'm still going to document it. I like that I can add the normal routine with the fun of Halloween and end with my road trip to LA to see Danny Elfman perform Tim Burton. I have a Studio Calico handbook that I am going to use to document the week in the life, I used the 6x8 format for a family vacation and really enjoyed putting it together and the album looks great too!

This week, I am going to try to amp up my picture taking, because I find that I work better when I have a TON of pictures, and because most of my photos for Project Life are evening photos, I want to take pictures throughout the day. Ali posted on her blog today and I am reminded that I want to get pictures of "stuff" as well.
  • Pepper likes this

#17 Alice Boll

Alice Boll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

I really want to try this. I'm a bit worried that I have too many things on my plate!

I don't scrapbook Project Life so I find many of the small details of my life are not represented in my albums and this would be a great way to showcase that. Hmmm…. I'll have to see if I can play with my schedule!

There are no mistakes in scrapbooking, only opportunities for new creativity!

ScrapbookWonderland.com For the wonders of scrapbooking!

Scrapbook Wonderland on Facebook

#18 leslieannharvey

leslieannharvey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

Hi Ladies! I'm new to the forum but found this thread doing a Google search for Week in the Life 2014. So glad I found you all! 

Hey Pepper, I am doing a different week, I've already started! :) Here is my Monday post! Can't wait for the community to start! I want to see how everyone is using the kit (or not!) :) Thanks!

http://www.leslieann...ife-monday.html

Next, does anyone plan to start on a different week. My plan was to start next week, as the week after will be a busy week, that does not represent my life at the current stage. 

• Noell, Pepper, sue_novascotia and 1 other like this

#19 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

Hi Ladies! I'm new to the forum but found this thread doing a Google search for Week in the Life 2014. So glad I found you all! 

Welcome to the Paperclipping forum, Leslieann!

#20 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

@Pepper, I'm so glad you started this thread!  I had the best of intentions last year and got some great photos, but fizzled out on the Daily Sheets and then didn't feel like I had "enough" to put an album together.  I bought Ali's kit this year, so I have to follow through now :)

I feel pretty good about the photos, but it's the documentation part I'm horrible at, especially when it gets busy.  I think part of it is this pressure I feel to make it COMPLETELY COMPREHENSIVE, and then feeling like I've failed if I don't capture every last thing.  

• Pepper likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users