• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DiaButterfly

DiaButterfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:13 AM

I want to buy a printer that I can use to print 4x6 photos directly from my phone to put into my Project Life album.  I was leaning towards the Canon Selphy but one of the Canon Selphy customer reviews said that the photos are a little small for Project Life album.  I am looking for some feedback from Scrapbookers before I make my final purchase.  Do they fall out (anymore than printed photos) or is this just a visual preference?  Any feedback regarding the Canon Selphy or another printer you are using specifically for Project Life would be great. 

Price is a factor but not the only factor.  I do a daily gratitude post on Instagram/Facebook...I want to be able to print that photo and slip it directly into the album.  I think this will make keeping up with my Project Life much easier.  I also want the photos to look good but do not expect Shutterfly/Persnickity Prints quality. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Diana

#2 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:35 AM

I have an HP Envy 5530. It's wireless which is a bonus since this gave me more freedom in my limited space room. HP gives you a dedicated e-mail address for your printer, which you can name yourself. You can e-mail pictures to your printer from anywhere and the pictures fit perfectly in my PL pockets. You can also give out your e-mail to anyone you want to send photos to you such as family members. My sister has mine, so she sends me pictures of my niece and nephew when they are doing special things. I then have the photos ready and waiting to scrapbook with them in their PL books.

• Julie Paradise likes this

#3 DiaButterfly

DiaButterfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:47 AM

Thank you Dragonfly!  This was a BIG help!

#4 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

I have the Selphy and really like it, but I don't care if the photos are a little small for the pocket. The ease of printing FAR outweighs that.

• needtime2scrap likes this

#5 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

Another Selphy user here. The 4x6's are slightly smaller but that tiny bit of extra room in the PL pocket pages is actually kind of nice to me.

#6 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

I use the Epson Picturemate Charm. Can I tell you how much I LOVE this machine??? The prints are GORGEOUS!!!! The only downside is that it's not wireless.

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#7 needtime2scrap

needtime2scrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern Alberta

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

I'm another Selphy user! Love the wireless and the fact that it gets the photos off of my phone! 

#8 Sandy

Sandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

I think I am getting a Selphy for Christmas but for now I use a Canon wireless printer. It prints up to A4, custom sizes and has a dedicated 4x6 photo paper tray. You can print directly from your iPhone, iPad and computer. I can get the specific model number if you'd like. 

#9 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

I decided on the SELPHY (over the Charm) after going back and forth quite a bit. In the end, the Canon's better wireless features won me over. The price was much better, though I know the refills will cost more in the long run. I was leaning towards the Epson until I realied it didn't have the wireless support I wanted. The more expensive Epsons were beyond my budget. I am looking forward to having a 4x6 printer that is easy to print to!

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project Life, PRinter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users