• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LonR

LonR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Does anyone have separate social media for their scrapbooking life than they do for their personal life?

I would like to be brave and apply to design teams and have my layouts published, but doing that seems to require you to have facebook, twitter, instagram and a blog. Which I do have but they are private.  Okay, the blog has been sleeping for like 2 years.

So, what do you all do? Do you worry about your 'friends' being annoyed with your scrapbooking related posts? Or does it make you uncomfortable showing pictures of your family?

I thought maybe separating my personal life and scrapbooking life might make it easier for me. But is it worth the effort?

• janygb143 likes this

#2 StampingRooster

StampingRooster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:41 AM

I guess I sorta do.  I post my scrapbooking to my blog, scrapbook forums, Instagram, and in specific group on Facebook (one of the few places I'm Gretchen Henninger instead of StampingRooster).  I don't usually share my scrapbooking with FB generally because I figure most of my family and friends wouldn't find it interesting, and if they did, then they could go to my blog (like my mom does).  The flip side is that I do have a lot of FB friends who scrapbook, so I am not sharing with them things they probably would be interested in ...

Gretchen

Now blogging and posting process videos

#3 Trrrracey

Trrrracey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

This is a really good question. I have participated in online "crops" or contests that require social media sharing and hashtagging, but it's not that often, and I always wonder if family and friends who aren't scrapbookers would tire of that if I shared projects all the time.

• janygb143 likes this

#4 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hm, interesting. I'm curious about this one, too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users