Photo

If We Were To Talk About Art Journaling On PRT...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

It's been a long time since we talked about art journaling on PRT. I've been interested in bringing it back on the show, but since I'm not art journaling myself, I've only come up with one question/topic for the panel.

That won't work. :wacko:

What would you want to hear on the show? I need specific questions and topics. Thx!

• Izzy likes this

#2 StampingRooster

StampingRooster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

As a non-art journaler, I'd be interested in a run down on basics. Starting with why they art journal and the subjects they journal. And as to creating the journal itself:  what they use as foundations, whether/how they prime, favorite mediums, inspiration for design, etc.

• Patticlay likes this

Gretchen

Now blogging and posting process videos

#3 Robin Sparkles

Robin Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationManito, IL

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

I'd like to hear about what types of books do they use: recycled books or do they buy specific books from the art supply section? If they make their own how do they prep/bind them?

#4 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

I also wonder, what goes in the art journal, and what goes in the scrapbook? It would be interesting to hear how they make their choices. Also, maybe what their process is. I don't art journal either yet, really, but I'd like to get into it.

#5 aurorwillow

aurorwillow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

I would love an art journaling episode. There is an amazing woman on youtube who goes by the name of Jennibellie and I think she would be perfect for the show! 

• robinconlin, Joanne and Mypixiegirl like this

#6 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

I have been art journaling for a while so I think the questions they have above would be great. I would highly recommend Roben-Marie Smith for the show! :)

Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#7 legalscrapper

legalscrapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

I would like to know about the routine of art journaling - same time every day, same time every week, etc.  Also, recommended classes to learn more skills.  I start and then stop these journals and would like to just continue this time around without quitting!

• Ina likes this

#8 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Do you know any art journalers that are also scrapbookers? The only one I am familiar with is Tangie Baxter, but I'm not 100% sure that she scrapbooks.

#9 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

I would love an Art Journaling for Dummies episode! Kind of like a back to basics Art Journaling 101 type thing!

• paperprincess, StampingRooster, Patticlay and 5 others like this

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#10 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Do you know any art journalers that are also scrapbookers? The only one I am familiar with is Tangie Baxter, but I'm not 100% sure that she scrapbooks.

Roben-Marie does pocket page scrapbooking along with her art journaling and mixed media work.

• Ina likes this
Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#11 carrottop

carrottop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

I would like to know about the routine of art journaling - same time every day, same time every week, etc.  Also, recommended classes to learn more skills.  I start and then stop these journals and would like to just continue this time around without quitting!

I would love to hear about this, too! I know Julie Fei-Fan Balzer does something like this...she would be an awesome panelist, too!

• AmyO and robinconlin like this

Lorell :)

My Blog: Common Sense Scrapbooking

#12 NYC Scrapper

NYC Scrapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

I've been art journaling for about a year and a half now, and I would love an episode about it!  I'd like a discussion about favorite mediums, techniques, and why people art journal.  

• sunnyslane likes this

#13 crisann

crisann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

yea, Roben Marie, Julie Balzer, Karen Grunberg, Christy Tomlinson - those are my faves...

I would want to hear more about their process... how they choose what they're going to do and why... techniques and products... how they balance different art forms - scrapbooking, art journaling, plife-type stuff, etc.  

• sunnyslane likes this

#14 Siri F

Siri F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationÃ…lesund, Norway

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

What kind of supplies would they keep if they only could keep 10 things. (i'm thinking this would be the ultimate what to get list)

My favorite art journaler is Dyan Reaveley. She is such a colorful, inspirational, fun person, and I've stamped in her art journal!!! I think she would be a great panelist. I met her in Oslo watching her doing a demo, and it was very close to Lifechanging!
  • StampingRooster and MiaScraps like this
I don't mind fuzzy cutting, but don't get me started on watching glue dry!

#15 NYC Scrapper

NYC Scrapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Yes, Dyan Reaveley for sure!  I've taken 4 classes with her, and she is a hoot!  Great teacher, too.

#16 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

I've been art journaling for 8 or 9 years and also scrapbook. I have my own goofy journaling style and things just pop into my head and hands while I work. I don't have any questions for you to ask right now but would be interested I listening to an art journaling podcast.

Thinking about this just reminded me to move my journal pages from the gallery at 2 peas.
  • Tiffany W likes this

#17 robinconlin

robinconlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

You need to get Mou Saha or Limor Webber. They both do art journalling and scrapbooking.

I also love JennieBellie and of course Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.

• Tiffany W likes this

#18 debbiehodge

debbiehodge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Dina Wakley scrapbooks -- and her scrapbook pages all have an art-journaling look (to me).

Karen Grunberg also scrapbooks and art journals but I think of her scrapbook pages and art journal work as having distinct looks.

• Tiffany W and cathiereed like this

Debbie Hodge at Get It Scrapped

I've had the pleasure to be a guest on the Roundtable many times. Recent episodes are below and all of the episodes are linked up to PRT on my ABOUT page.

• Paperclipping Roundtable 210 (camera vs memory)
  • Paperclipping Roundtable 202 (imperfect scrapbooking)
  • Paperclipping Roundtable 186 (scrapbooking Christmas stories)
  • Paperclipping Roundtable 176 (scrapbooking modern media)

#19 jemi

jemi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Shari Carroll and Dina Wakely Art Journal too.  A Search for Art Journal brings examples, tutorials, supplies.  It truly is whatever you make it. A great topic might be how art journaling and scrapbooking meet.  More and more scrapbook designers are getting artsy--using mixed media products and tools that used to be a domain of artists.  It would be a great episode since one of the joys of scrapbooking is that it used to be you didn't have to be an artist yourself.

• jemi and Scrappy Carrie like this

Janet

#20 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

I would love an episode on art journaling. I have been intrigued with the idea but have absolutely no idea where to start or even where to purchase a journal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users