• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 p_linda

p_linda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

This is probably a super easy question for many, but how do you get your photos printed in different sizes like 2 x3 for project life or prints from phones (I've heard they, too, are smaller??) I've been scrapping for years and always just printed 4x6 at Walgreens, etc. But now am branching out into areas like project life. Thanks for helping a relative newbie!
  • Julie Paradise likes this

#2 p_linda

p_linda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

Oops...I meant to mention Instagram too.

#3 dayb

dayb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

Do you any software to edit your photos?

Are you a mac or windows person?

#4 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

If you have Lightroom or Photoshop Elements, there are really easy ways to get two 2/3s onto a 4x6 using actions or print templates. If you have either of those, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

If you use Persnickety Prints, I believe you can order in 2x3 with or without rounded corners, so that's worth looking at too.

• dayb likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#5 nana2callie

nana2callie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

If you have Lightroom or Photoshop Elements, there are really easy ways to get two 2/3s onto a 4x6 using actions or print templates. If you have either of those, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

If you use Persnickety Prints, I believe you can order in 2x3 with or without rounded corners, so that's worth looking at too.

I don't see where the OP responded, but I would really like to know how to do this in Lightroom if you can help please.

#6 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

First, make sure you have selected either in the folder or collection of folders you want to use in the Library. Then, click on the Print Module.

If you want to auto process a whole folder of images as once, you want to choose SINGLE IMAGE/CONTACT SHEET under the "Layout Style" tab on the right.

Scroll down to PRINT JOB tab and make sure it says Print to: JPEG FILE, and set the CUSTOM FILE DIMENSIONS to 6x4.

Next click the LAYOUT tab. Set margins to 0, 0, 0, 0 and PAGE GRID to 1 ROW and 2 COLUMNS. Then, make the CELL SIZE 4x3.

Now, you should see a 6x4 page with two 3x4 boxes.

We're almost done. Select the first image in your photo bin at the very bottom and SHIFT CLICK to get all the images selected. Now, click PRINT TO FILE and choose a save location.

Lightroom will drop one of each image into a box and save it as a JPG.

If you want 2 of the same photo, instead of SINGLE IMAGE/CONTACT SHEET choose PICTURE PACKAGE. If you want to hand place and control the positioning of each image on the page and save one page at a time, you choose CUSTOM PACKAGE instead.

• janygb143 and Julie Paradise like this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#7 Miss Niki

Miss Niki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

Free software that you can download.

http://www.photility.com/photosheet/

It combines separate images into one image. Various layout options are available. For example you can easily create two 3x4s in a 4x6 print by simply dragging and dropping photos into the template. I love it and use it often!

• bestcee likes this

#8 nana2callie

nana2callie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:45 AM

Thanks

#9 ca angel

ca angel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

I use PSE or Picasa's Collage function (free)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Printing, photos, sizes, Project life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users