#1 Aliwinn

Aliwinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

I would love to hear an episode on letting your photos "sit"  or "germinate" and making connections with those photos for "bigger picture stories" as opposed to scrapping current events and topics (scrapping chronologically).   I know that you touched on this topic a little bit during one of your episodes (maybe macro vs. micro scrapbooking??) but I would love to hear a whole show on this topic.  

- how to make the connections

- types of connections and story ideas

- ways to scrap these types of pages/layouts

Of course, Stacy Julian would be an obvious guest choice......

• WallyAgain, janygb143, MaryM and 1 other like this

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

I agree Stacy would be a great guest choice for this.

Interesting idea for a topic, too.  I have rarely, if ever, scrapped photos that were less than a year old.  I always feel like I need that perspective.  Plus, I can't tell you how many times I've saved myself from making a page about something that didn't stand the test of time.  If I had scrapped it right away, I'd then have this page about something that really wasn't that important even a year later.  

I use a spreadsheet (I know, math geek here) to track the layouts I plan to make.  Helps me to not scrap something twice and not to forget a story.  It's been very useful over the years to see patterns or notice similar page topics. 

• janygb143, MaryM and Aliwinn like this

#3 stacyj

stacyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

Oooh. Great idea! I'd love to be part of a conversation about photo connections. Sounds divine. 

• mshanhun and Aliwinn like this

#4 MaryM

MaryM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

I love this topic idea!  I scrap this way often.  I think that letting the story germinate, especially if it's a story connected to the loss of a loved one or something else really emotional, can help us to see more of a positive side of the story instead of the grief that we may be feeling in the moment.  Plus, feelings tend to evolve over time.  Great idea!

Mary Moseley, Certified Photo Organizer and Teacher

mary@bephotowise.com

Be PhotoWise www.bephotowise.com | Founding member of the Save Your Photos Day Allicance

Guest on The Digi Show episode 110 talking about scanning your photos

#5 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

I don't think we covered this topic yet so I'm bumping it. Anyone else want to add their questions, thoughts, or suggestions for this discussion? Guest ideas, in addition to Stacy J?

• bestcee likes this

#6 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

I'd love to hear from someone that does both! I wish I had a name, but someone who scraps the here and now, but isn't afraid to go back with connections.
For example, I use the app time hop. It shows me my photos from different sources that happened on this date in previous years. Some things are expected- birthdays, anniversaries. Some prompt a connection with a photo I took 3 years ago and now - like my son happily eating doritos at 18 months, and still loving them today.
Anyone know someone who does that?

#7 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

Jennifer Wilson does this, I think!
  • mshanhun likes this

#8 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:52 AM

Oh yes time hop is awesome :) in this example it's just a little jumper with 2 yo Emily and 1 yo Lucy wearing it but it shows just how tiny Emily was/Lucy is quite tall I guess

Of course there's a lot of more deep topics than that!! 0014fee6284895d5621ffc37681ebc63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • janygb143 and bestcee like this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#9 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:42 AM

Oh, that would be a good subject to address, too: to "fake" connections or not? Like, is it crazy to dress a toddler in a sweaty raccoon Halloween costume in the middle of April just to match pictures of his older brother? Not that I did this or anything...
  • Melissa, anandi and Alissa@lifeonlakeland like this

#10 Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

I think Cathy Z or Ali E would be a good guest for this topic. And of course you must have Stacy on.

#11 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:16 PM

The story centred album class had me making connections! How about having Noell, Shimille and Stacy discuss. Stacy does this topic very well. Maybe this could be another audio class Noell.....Making Connections.
  • Melissa likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users