#1 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

What is your favorite brand of ink to use? It can be dye inks, pigment inks, distress, chalk, StazOn, ....whatever!

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#2 jschow

jschow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

I have/love/use CTMH, SU, Tim Holtz distress inks, and a few Hero Arts Shadow inks as well. :)

#3 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

I love the way the Tim Holtz and Hero Arts inks stamp, and recently Studio Calico came out with Color Theory inks, I've had a couple instances where they've gone blotchy but having gotten used to them now (I'm not a stamper, so I am learning) I can now get a nice clean image with them with no problem.

#4 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

Top fave...Tim Holtz Distress in Vintage photo, after that plain ol black from Versamark. :) boring I know!
Read about my life here: http://carolynchastain.blogspot.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/carolchastain05
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cchastain374/
{Connect the Dots...Words+Photos}

#5 Karin

Karin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

Depending on what I want to do with it. I love Colorbox Fluid Chalk when I stamp greetings in cards, I have some colors in large stamp pads. Otherwise I mostly use Distress ink and Tim Holtz distress embossing ink. I just bought a bottle of embossing in to use when I want to heat emboss die cuts.

/Karin - ScrappaNu

#6 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:29 AM

I have a bunch of colors of Colorbox Fluid Chalk inks too, love them for cards and inking edges when I want color. Have lots of Tim's inks too. But for most of the time I think I use either the Black Stazon, or Archival Ink by Ranger.

Robin

#7 paperkraftD

paperkraftD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

Versafine for text & fine line stamps. I own every color of distress ink and use them most. I like archival inks for water coloring. Those are my go-to inks. Chalk inks just don't do it for me, though I like the little Prima edgers and have a few of those. They are so much more ergonomic than the cats-eye inks. I have momento inks for copic coloring, but don't use them much for anything else though I have a ton of the minis.

#8 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

I love Tim Holtz Distress ink pads and Stampin' Up! I'm also really liking the Simon Says Stamp inks the more I use them. They are water proof when dry, which means no smearing or bleeding when I use Stickles or other mediums over them.
  • Melissa likes this

#9 cindi

cindi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Pacific Northwest

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

The ink you use depends on the look you are going for and the technique you are going to use.

If I could only choose ONE brand, it would be Versafine. It can be used with or w/o embossing powder, works beautifully with acrylic and other clear stamps as well as rubber stamps and give a clear crisp image. My only complaint is that the color selection is very limited. Having said that, I own all of the Memento dye inks, most of the TH distress inks, countless SU inks, and tons of others  ;)

(I used to teach card making classes)! There are pros and cons to most of them, but Versafine is the most Versatile, I think, at least for what I do.

~ Cindi

craft blog camanocardmaker

my blog flourishesandbling

Cindi's Pinterest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users