Photo

Seen the first Story Stamp from Ali Edwards? Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Scrapnsee

Scrapnsee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

It looks good. I was hoping for slightly more specific stamps since there will be one/month related to story-telling.  The first one that she's showing on her blog covers fairly well-covered ground: "Remember"; "Love This"; etc.  Perhaps it's just because it's the first one and meant to get those w/o stamps into Ail's story-telling style.  Still, I hope future releases focus more on stamps around a theme.

What are your first impressions/comments?

#2 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

It looked pretty to me! But then I only have a few stamps, so I don't have stamps that already have those sentiments. It's expensive though, because I probably won't have time for the class and materials that go along with it. I just want the stamp!

#3 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

I can't seem to see it .... 

Gab

#4 Scrapnsee

Scrapnsee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

I can't seem to see it .... 

It's at the end of this recent blog post: http://aliedwards.co...-school-stories

• gabmc likes this

#5 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

OOh I really like it!

Gab

#6 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

I love them...or at least the one for this month..I have taken the plunge and subscribed! I am so excited!!! I think they will be fab(just because of the storytelling aspect, and I've never seen Ali make a bad stamp. :) totally my style!
  • gabmc likes this
Read about my life here: http://carolynchastain.blogspot.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/carolchastain05
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cchastain374/
{Connect the Dots...Words+Photos}

#7 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

I'm very tempted too!

Gab

#8 boris153

boris153

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:44 AM

I'm kind of glad that they are general.  If they get too specific half of them probably won't suit me (or half the world).  We don't do 'fall', Halloween, thanksgiving etc. in Australia, (at least we are trying to stay away from Halloween - but the lolly companies keep pushing).  And if they are too specific they are harder to use for multiple applications.  I'm looking forward to the story starters etc. that are supposed to go along with it.

#9 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

I decided to try this out, I did the 1-month subscription. The stamp reveal happened and I wasn't thrilled, because like it was said they seemed pretty general and I wasn't sure if I would get my monies worth out of such generic stamps. Then the 15th happened and the classroom opened up and I was floored, there was a 30 minute intro video that really got me inspired. After the 1st video, I was able to create a layout based on a "Story Spark" (idea inspired by the prompts) even before the stamps arrived, then my stamps arrived and I have created a layout based on Ali's process video (which was 40 minutes) and there is an 8 page PDF, part of which goes from stamp to stamp talking about ways you can use them. Do I feel like I got $24 worth out of it? absolutely! Another great thing about these stamps in particular is that they can be reused, so I don't have a stamp set that I can only use for 1-2 months out of the year.

#10 jemi

jemi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

I decided to try this out, I did the 1-month subscription. The stamp reveal happened and I wasn't thrilled, because like it was said they seemed pretty general and I wasn't sure if I would get my monies worth out of such generic stamps. Then the 15th happened and the classroom opened up and I was floored, there was a 30 minute intro video that really got me inspired. After the 1st video, I was able to create a layout based on a "Story Spark" (idea inspired by the prompts) even before the stamps arrived, then my stamps arrived and I have created a layout based on Ali's process video (which was 40 minutes) and there is an 8 page PDF, part of which goes from stamp to stamp talking about ways you can use them. Do I feel like I got $24 worth out of it? absolutely! Another great thing about these stamps in particular is that they can be reused, so I don't have a stamp set that I can only use for 1-2 months out of the year.

Dang!!!! Sold! And I was trying to be so-o-o good. I would have "liked" your Post, except I'm mad at you.  No, I'm not in 3rd grade, so I'll say I'm sorry right away!

• IAmMikki likes this

Janet

#11 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

I'm a big fan of Ali's style so I jumped in with both feet, blind. I love the first set even tho I don't have it in my hands quite yet. When the "classroom and prompts" opened up I was in heaven. Ali spared nothing. Top notch pro job. Good bang for the buck! She delivered. I am so happy I signed up for full 12 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users