Photo

Does anyone do Project Life in a 6x8 album?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

Do you do it? If not, do you know anybody who does?

How do you make that work? (ie. do you do a spread/week, etc)

#2 Scrappin.Char

Scrappin.Char

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

I'm interested in this as well.

#3 JuliaK

JuliaK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSweden- BorÃ¥s

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:19 AM

Do you do it? If not, do you know anybody who does?

How do you make that work? (ie. do you do a spread/week, etc)

I think Tracy at http://www.tracyxo.com/ does the 6x8. She is amazing, so inspiring!!! And she has the cutest dog  :wub:

#4 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:32 AM

She is awesome! Thank you!!

#5 j.leija

j.leija

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

When I do Project Life, I'm a 6x8-er :) I don't do these by weeks. I do them by the month. I pretty much just print a bunch of photos and slip them into pockets in a rough chronological order. Then I go back and embellish. I'm really good at the first part (printing and slipping) not so good on the latter part (embellishing).

• Inkfanatic likes this

#6 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

I've been thinking of doing this, for next year, since i fell off the PL wagon this year. Soooooo love my 12x12 books, but I think a 6x8 might be more doable for me now:)

Robin

#7 Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Alissa@lifeonlakeland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

Peppermint Granberg does and Kristin Twedale (rukristin.com) did it for the first part of 2014; she's also done some rockin 6x8 pages

#8 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

I have used 6x8 albums and love them. I love telling smaller stories in them. When my family sends me photos of my nieces and nephews, I save, print, and then scrap them in 6x8 albums. I like Simple Stories albums. I did several months of stories in a 6x8 album. I plan to use that size to go back and scrap the first three years of my oldest son's life.

#9 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

I don't know if I can say that I do 6x8 PL, as I only have the first 4 months of 2014 done that way, but it is my intent to continue in the 6x8 pocket format for PL.  I do monthly, with as many pages/spreads as I need for that month.  I print all photos 3x4 and trim the horizontal ones down to 3x3 or put them on a 4x6 card and put the journaling on the same card. I have very few filler cards, and I'm pretty sure I'll end up with at least 2 albums at the end of the year.  I do hardly any embellishing.  I am somehow completely unmotivated to embellish in pocket pages.  I think the process of figuring out what goes where in the pockets just takes it all out of me.

#10 aurorwillow

aurorwillow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

I use a 6x8 album and a Maggie Holmes mini kit. I am a college student with a part time job so I don't take a whole lot of photo's. I tried the 12x12 format and was struggling to fill it up. I don't stick to any sort of daily, weekly, or even monthly format. I only document what I think is important or will want to remember years later. This still includes small moments to special events. All of my photo's are either 4x6 or 3x4. Every spread is filled with photo's and journaling I think I only have maybe a couple of filler cards over this past year. My staples seem to be of course the MH kit, silver glitter paper, small Tim Holtz alpha's, and wood veneers. I like the whole year to have a unified look. Honestly I could probably fit two years into one album. 

#11 donyaluana

donyaluana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Jennifer Chapin  http://jenchapin.blogspot.com/

I can be found over here: www.donyaluana.com/blog

Instagram: @donyaluana

#12 CookingMyLife

CookingMyLife

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

As anothe said, Peppermint Granberg/One Little Bird  is doing a 6x8 and Ali Edwards will be doing her WITL in 6x8. I think it's definitely a trend.

onelittlebird-220-18-44.jpg

• Ina likes this

Maureen

LR5 PSE10/11

iMac/Macbook/Mavericks

iPhone 4s is my only camera!

CookingMyLife

#13 joblackford

joblackford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

Sorry, I'm late to this discussion but I do! I'm on my 2nd year of a 6x8" Handbook album. 
I do it the "traditional" way, each spread representing a week. There's just no extra space for fluff/filler cards. 
I have recently moved to a simpler, less embellished style so that I can fit more journaling into my spreads.
This blog post shows how I do it: http://adventuresint...t-life-lately/ 
I have inserts here and there, maybe once a month or less. I just have to keep things very tight - there's no space for ephemera, as a general rule. Last year I made a page for ephemera at the end of the album - random ticket stubs and such. But generally it's all photos and short stories. I occasionally hide journaling behind the photo or make a flip up card, though less often lately since I made space for journaling under my photos. Since I don't have space for filler cards I don't buy them. Sometimes I want to, but then I remind myself that I have no space for them! Saves $$ :)
To be honest, I'm a little frustrated by the lack of space lately and I'm considering moving to an 8.5x11" format next year, or I might jump up to a 9x12" if anyone offers one... But in either of those sizes I would probably do one side per week, two weeks per double page spread, hopefully the whole year in one album. 

#14 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

I tried but it's a bit too small so I do 8 1/2 x 11. Love that size!

• Carol likes this
Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#15 characterfan

characterfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

I do it in a 6x8 mostly it's based on my running, but typically if something else important happens I include it. When I take a trip I add a 2x2 insert and if I take a racecation then I add all of that in my album as well. I think next year I'll add in a bit more of my weekly routine, but keep it mostly to my running still. 

#16 Scrappin.Char

Scrappin.Char

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:12 AM

I have been wanting to switch to 6x8 but I love making 12x12 layouts and I didn't want a different album just for those.

#17 Janet White

Janet White

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWapiti, WY

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

Yep, I scrap smaller - 6 x 8.5 to be exact. I use pocket pages (Becky Higgins' sliced and diced), but organize things by topic rather than by week or month. Been working on a series of posts about how all this works - should come out over the next couple of weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users