#1 j.leija

j.leija

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Do you hand make your cards? If yes! I'd love to see them!

I had a HUGE idea for my cards last year. It was something I had been considering for a few years and actually pulled off. But know I have no idea where to go next, so I'm in the hunt for inspiration.

I'll post a few of mine here this weekend :)

#2 j.leija

j.leija

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

Posting what I've made these last few years--minus one or two that are on an external hard drive I'm too lazy to plug in at the moment :P

CBrunch01.jpg

CWrap03.jpg

CCard2013-01copy.jpg

IMG_9804.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

• Noell, CindyP, Carol and 4 others like this

#3 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

Here are a few of mine:

MerryChristmasA.jpg

MerryChristmasPlaidCUa.jpg

MerryChristmasSetA.jpg

• Noell, CindyP, Carol and 5 others like this
Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#4 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

You girls are makin me wanna pull out my Christmas Stamps!
  • cindi likes this
Read about my life here: http://carolynchastain.blogspot.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/carolchastain05
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cchastain374/
{Connect the Dots...Words+Photos}

#5 bklyngal62

bklyngal62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

Beautiful cards !  I always say I am going to start early on my christmas cards and just never do.

• cindi likes this

#6 Scrapgurl

Scrapgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNorthern British Columbia, Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

Those cards are beautiful!  I usually make my own for special people in my life, but not everyone.  I found out that too many of them were hitting the trash, and I was spending too much time on them for that.  Now I give handmade cards to people that I know will appreciate them.  I send out bought cards to everyone else. 

Maybe it's just me, but are more and more people not bothering to send cards at all?  I had this conversation last year with a few friends.  They just don't have the time or the will to send out cards!  I think this is sad.  Does anyone else experience this?

• Patter and cindi like this

#7 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:06 AM

These are just gorgeous!

Gab

#8 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

Those cards are beautiful!  I usually make my own for special people in my life, but not everyone.  I found out that too many of them were hitting the trash, and I was spending too much time on them for that.  Now I give handmade cards to people that I know will appreciate them.  I send out bought cards to everyone else. 

Maybe it's just me, but are more and more people not bothering to send cards at all?  I had this conversation last year with a few friends.  They just don't have the time or the will to send out cards!  I think this is sad.  Does anyone else experience this?

I too find they are thrown in the trash so I do not make them. These are mostly for DT work and for special friends. But with that said, I always mail Christmas cards and a letter. I feel sad that people just don't mail Christmas cards anymore. It's sad people don't mail cards in general anymore. I always try to think about how awesome it feels to receive a card. I want others to feel that way too thus I mail them. I have encouraged my girls to mail cards also. Messages via text or e-mail or e-card are just not personal IMO and don't elicit the same response.

• CindyP likes this
Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#9 j.leija

j.leija

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

I found two other holiday cards on my portable hard drive :)

11645d6d-3d94-401a-a5ca-c0500c436294.jpg

d398d0dd-ee89-4c71-ac51-dd09bc221cef.jpg

• Noell and cindi like this

#10 Tanja

Tanja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Last year I used a reindeer stamp by Papermania.

Attached Files

• Noell and cindi like this

#11 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

I have been using the Anna Griffin kits. I made my cards for several years and they were so
time consuming and a couple of years ago I saw Annas christmas kits and sent them and people raved about them.
I use her other card kits and people call me or see me and rave about the gorgeous old fashioned cards
and how they keep them sitting out or how they are going to save them as a keepsake. So thats my main go to for Christmas and church friends, neighbors etc. I love her dies and embossing folders that match too.
For men I use some of her stuff but a lot is from what I think up myself from my stash of stamps, dies etc.

For family I generally use my own designs.

#12 st1tches1

st1tches1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Daisy- I saw on HSN Anna was on yesterday- I have done her Christmas kits for 2 years now and was looking foward to them again this year- but was really disappointed with them this year ... I think it was 2 years ago I also bought her iris folding one for christmas- I think I'm going to try and pull that out (as of course I didn't do it yet) and see if those will work... Did you buy her new kit this year? I couldnt' watch HSN and maybe they are better than the site I glanced at but i was less than impressed this year.

BUT my new options are the iris folding, the Cricut Winter wonderland (since I bought it twice I MIGHT try to use it once)

OR just send a photo card- it's our 30th anniversary in December so I might do a then and now type pic and send it for laughs....

#13 Jessie

Jessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

Hey y'all how is the christmas cards going... I would love to show you some of my cards but I can't figure out how to embed photo's here. this month has been full of christmas cards on my blog so I would love for you to check them out there

http://jessiebanks.com

• cindi likes this

#14 cindi

cindi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Pacific Northwest

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

I have experienced this also. I think that people use the E cards more? 

~ Cindi

craft blog camanocardmaker

my blog flourishesandbling

Cindi's Pinterest

#15 cindi

cindi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

Last year I used a reindeer stamp by Papermania.

I love this!

~ Cindi

Cindi's Pinterest

#16 cindi

cindi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hey y'all how is the christmas cards going... I would love to show you some of my cards but I can't figure out how to embed photo's here. this month has been full of christmas cards on my blog so I would love for you to check them out there

http://jessiebanks.com

I am having trouble also :(

~ Cindi

Cindi's Pinterest

#17 cindi

cindi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

I have not started my cards yet :(

I have been trying to only use stash to do my cards as of the last few years. It is a lot of fun and gives me a chance to do some stash busting. With all of my bits and pieces, I will never have to cut into another sheet of paper again! (Like that would happen!)

Merry Christmas dog

~ Cindi

Cindi's Pinterest

#18 Betsy

Betsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

Don't forget to share your Halloween cards! I'm so mad I forgot to photograph mine and popped them in the mail yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users