• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jordyn4

jordyn4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

I'm another one who imports using Lightroom (via a cord from my iPhone 5S to my laptop), usually once a week or so. My PC gets backed up offsite via CrashPlan. I also upload many of my photos via apps to Flickr and Shutterfly, just to have them other places I would use them. I take 90% of my photos using my phone now, so this covers most things in case something would happen. I also copy files to an EHD that I usually keep at my mom's house, but I haven't updated it in a little while.  I should do that...

I have been meaning to check out Dropbox, since I've seen it mentioned so often, but always forget to check. My understanding is that I could use that for several types of files, not just photos, which would be nice.

The fact of storytelling hints at a fundamental human unease, hints at human imperfection. Where there is perfection there is no story to tell. ~Ben Okri

#22 Karin

Karin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

I have been meaning to check out Dropbox, since I've seen it mentioned so often, but always forget to check. My understanding is that I could use that for several types of files, not just photos, which would be nice.

Yes, you can use Dropbox for any type of files and it is very easy to share a file or a folder within Dropbox with anyone else.

/Karin - ScrappaNu

#23 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

I have my phone set to backup to the cloud, but I also manually copy them to my computer whenever I sync. To do that, I use Image Capture which pops up when I plug it in. I also import all my photos into LIghtroom. Then, I have Crashplan back them up to the cloud. And finally, I put a copy onto my external hard drive! Yes, I'm a little OCD about backing up my photos. But I lost all our photos from our original 1 megapixel digital camera in the 90s and I learned my lesson!

• mrscraftyadams likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#24 Patticlay

Patticlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Am I the only person who uses iCloud Photostream? I generally hate Apple's software, but this is one thing that does make my life simple. I then just import photos from my Photostream on my HD into Lightroom.

This is what I do. My phone pix also automatically upload to Flickr and Drop box. 

#25 ladywing

ladywing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSE Wisconsin

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

my iPhone is set to sync to My Photo Stream. I also upload to my laptop when I back-up my iPhone. And of course, they back up to an EHD.

Peggy (aka ladywing)

play as if your life depends on it or you'll be Zamboni road kill.

#26 carrievision

carrievision

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

I've been using syncme :  https://play.google.....wifisync&hl=en   It works to transfer your phones to a local machine on your network. I have been transferring my photos to a NAS.  You could use this program to transfer to a laptop or other computer as well. 

I also use the Google+ cloud backup, which is really useful to grab photos whenever I need to for sharing.  They aren't shared with anyone until I specifically do so.

Now I just need to figure out an easy to way to identify the photos I want to print and upload them to a printing site.  Right now that is pretty time-consuming.

#27 Julie Paradise

Julie Paradise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

One of the last things I do every night before going to bed is seeing through my fotos of the day and send them to my Google Drive. I actually like that they do not synch automatically, because I tned to shoot several fotos at a time and go through them a while after, with fresh eyes, if you will. sometimes I crop them and alter with an app called XnRetro, add frames or adjust the colours, and those versions get saved on Google Drive, too, which then synchs with my computer once I turn it on. 

It gives me a nice, warm feeling to go to sleep with (mostly) funny or beautiful pictures of the day, so I like my process a lot.

• janygb143 likes this

#28 nana2callie

nana2callie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

This is what I do.  I created an Import Preset in Lightroom for importing my iPhone photos, so it's simply a matter of plugging my phone into my computer (every Friday), hitting the Import button in Lightroom, and letting the Preset organize my photos on my hard drive.  It's so fast and easy.

Would you mind sharing more on the preset and how you do this?  I've been importing from my Iphone to LR but it seems to be skipping some photos! Thanks,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phonephotography, iphone, adroid, backups

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users