#1 midwestgirl

midwestgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationcentral Ohio

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

There is no longer a CK Hall of Fame.

There are no more Two Peas Garden Girls.

There are very few scrapbook magazines.

So….

where will we find the next "cream of the crop" scrappers?

In other words, if you are a scrapper who aspires to reach the next level (whatever that is), how do you now define it and how will you know if and when you have achieved it?

• Cara Vincens, BethQuiroz, ConnieHanks and 1 other like this

Sue

Blog   Instagram   Pinterest   YouTube

#2 Cara Vincens

Cara Vincens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Isn't that the million dollar question.  It must be different for each of us, the online scrap world is now so spread out.  Maybe being 'known' in her own circle?  Being a guest on PRT ;)  I'll miss having all my heroes in one place with 2Ps gone :(

• ConnieHanks likes this

#3 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

I've been wondering this myself. It seems as if all of the celebri-scrappers are now found on design teams. So maybe there?

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

I think Studio Calico attract very talented scrappers.  And Get It Scrapped.  If I was chosen for either one of those (not that I'm trying) I'd be over the moon.

• StampingRooster likes this

#5 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

I think participating in manufacturers challenges is a great way to find new talent or be discovered. One of my favorite magazines (Scrap365) is where I find a lot of things I love and want to achieve. :)

Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#6 MelissaE

MelissaE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

I think it has gotten to a point where there isn't really "celeb" scrappers like before. (Yes they are still there and we all will always know them but... it's not just THEM anymore.) There are SO many amazing and talented designers out there. And, thanks to Instagram, Pinterest, Manu blogs, regular blogs and forums like this... we're getting to see them ALL. I have so many that I LOVE and always inspired by them such as Ashley Horton, Patricia Roebuck, Stacey Michaud, Ashlii Oliver, Jessy Christopher... and I think they have really gotten noticed because of how much they are willing to share. Of course, making teams like American Crafts, Jillibean and other big name manu's helps. 

I always look to see who is being interviewed on PRT and who Lain Ehmann is choosing for True Scrap because I believe these ladies are watching and showcase some really great talent. 

In some ways I like it this way because it's opened lots of doors for many who feel led to share and inspire... and they get to! And I get to "meet" them! 

There was a time when I was trying to make teams and get noticed and now I just don't care. I love the way I'm creating, I love who I am working for and I just share whatever I've made. 

• RachelM likes this

My Blog: The Profound Brunette

Lead Contributing Artist: Inside Out Visual Journaling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users