Photo

What's The Most Common Way You Use Stamping In Your Scrapbooking?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Isbaha -- how funny. I've shared on the Paperclipping how I've been experimenting with my different wet media supplies on PL sized cards. Never occurred to me to use my stamps that way. Thanks for the idea! Your cards look cool!

• Solange-Isbaha likes this

#22 Wren176

Wren176

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

I stamp titles and sub titles. I also stamp embellishments. When I buy stamps I try to buy stamps that will work on layouts or cards.

#23 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

Probably most often, I use words. I also use border stamps to create motion on a page that is otherwise a little "boring." I like background stamps to add a little texture here and there, too. I don't use image stamps as often, except for cameras. I love to use camera images on my scrapbook pages. I need to do more stamping, too. I have a lot of stamps that I love that somehow never get very much page play.

#24 JuliaK

JuliaK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSweden- BorÃ¥s

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

So many ideas! 

I have mostly motive stamps, like Magnolia and Wee stamps sens I make allot of cards. But on layouts I usually use the other stamps for background or to make my own patterned paper.   B)

http://juliakallen.b.../06/to-you.html

#25 ChristyS

ChristyS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNassau, Bahamas

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

I have been trying to make it a point to use my stamps more often. I find I use phrase stamps the most, especially for PL.

Christy S.

MyScrapbookEvolution.com

DSG%20Listen_zpsebngsiei.jpg

#26 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

I have two journaling stamps that I use fairly often.  Those and my geotag stamp get the most use by far.  I have far, far more stamps, though, and I really want to use them more.  When I do, I love the results, so I don't know why I don't use them more!

#27 Gypsy

Gypsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

I will often pull a couple of packs of stamps out at the same time as I pull the photos/story for a LO because I am more likely to use them. I also find I am more likely to stamp if I know I can 'fix' it if I make a mess... like cover with something or stamp on a separate piece of card and then cut and add. I'm also willing to admit sometimes I'm just too keen to get a page done that I'll skip- messy multi-step processes like stamping in favour of getting the page done and the story told.

I think I enjoy stamps on my LO when they have a function... title, journalling, date/calendar etc than when they are decorative... probably because I find it doesn't look as good on paper as it did in my head.

• anandi and JuliaK like this

Gypsy

My blog: See.Share.Remember

#28 Siri F

Siri F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationÃ…lesund, Norway

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

I like using second and third generation stamping like in this video

It makes messing up less visible :-P

I also like using background stamps, but I don't mount them on a block, I just "roll" them over the paper. That way I get no hard lines and I can overlap the image without it beeing visible.

(Oh, and by the way, I added a link and it turned into the video :-/, don't know why that happened. Hope I'm not breaking the ru,es!)
  • vintageplaid and Solange-Isbaha like this
I don't mind fuzzy cutting, but don't get me started on watching glue dry!

#29 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Lot's of great ideas here! I love finding new ways to use my stamps. Isbaha, LOVE your cards!

#30 pinkkitchenstudio

pinkkitchenstudio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

I am on a kick of stamping any image in white pigment ink, onto kraft or black cardstock and then heat embossing it with white embossing powder. I then cut out the image, leaving a small edge of the kraft/black showing. I just love the way that looks as an embellishments and it's a great way to use some of my images that I don't know what to do with.

• Ina, Wren176, VexedAngel and 1 other like this

#31 Keitha

Keitha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBarrie, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

Most common on my pages is the use of texture stamps or small shapes to enhance a theme on backgrounds. I heard a good tip somewhere recently, to use coloured ink when stamping on layouts rather than black because it blends in better to the overall design.

• Dragonfly likes this

#32 jemi

jemi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

May Flaum did a Stamping for Scrapbookers in March. It really was helpful.  I don't know if you can purchase now but May is very accessible if you e-mail her.

http://craftwithmay.com

Janet

#33 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

May Flaum did a Stamping for Scrapbookers in March. It really was helpful.  I don't know if you can purchase now but May is very accessible if you e-mail her.

http://craftwithmay.com

Looks like you can still sign up for this!  http://craftwithmay.com/stampingclass/

Thanks for the idea - I wanted to take that and then forgot about it!

#34 EmmaK

EmmaK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

I mainly use words or small stamps as embellishments. I usually find it hard to use the larger stamps

• Ohhh_Snap likes this

#35 ladywing

ladywing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSE Wisconsin

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

I use my stamps for backgrounds, borders and titles. I have some favorite alphas that are like typeset. But my favorite stamp set includes coffee stains. I do a lot of heritage scrapping so those along with some of my borders get heavy usage. I have some tickets / tags I like to use to make my own embellishments too. I like being able to customize a plain piece of cardstock.

• Dragonfly and Ohhh_Snap like this

Peggy (aka ladywing)

play as if your life depends on it or you'll be Zamboni road kill.

#36 heidi

heidi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

I have a lot of Ali Edward's Technique Tuesday stamp sets, which are great for adding to your layouts.  Little quotes, or small bits of text that I can scatter as needed.  I am not good with incorporating picture stamps... I usually save those for greeting cards.

#37 pattipanda

pattipanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Awesome idea Solange-Isbaha!  Love it ,  I have recently started making my our embellishments too.  Your folder idea is great so you (or I) wouldn't forget to use them.

#38 Annie

Annie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

I use alphabets for making some off-color sentiments on my pages that you just can't find in a store. My scrapping is very, very personal sometimes.

• Ina likes this

#39 Joanne

Joanne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationJersey, Channel Islands

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

I don't use my stamps enough so thank you for the ideas. I especially like the idea of getting stamps out when choosing supplies as I am generally inspired by the supplies closest to me

#40 Joanne

Joanne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationJersey, Channel Islands

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

I have been inspired to choose stamps when gathering supplies and it has really helped. I also thought about the controversial stamping episode that glitter girl did when she ended up covering most of the stamping. I tried it at the time and wasn't happy with the results but watched again this morning and did this layout which I was satisfied with

Sorry don't know how to reduce a file size on my iPad, will upload to Instagram if anyone wants to see joannewalton1968

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users