Photo

If you make your holiday cards when do you start?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 scraphappyinjax

scraphappyinjax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNE Florida

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

The last few years I've started making mine in early December which has caused too much stress for me. I'm really going to try and start in September. Curious to hear when y'all start.
www.iStampin.com

#2 Patticlay

Patticlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

I start thinking about it in August but usually wind up doing them last minute.  This year, September is my goal. (Fingers crossed!)

#3 StampingRooster

StampingRooster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

I usually start in the summer, looking for ideas, doing mock ups and ordering supplies. Most of the work gets done in the fall.  I used to go to a crop every October and that was a great project to do there - didn't require a lot of attention so I could chat and I knew exactly what to pack.  No plans for a crop this year, so I'm going to have to set aside some time to work on them.

Gretchen

Now blogging and posting process videos

#4 j.leija

j.leija

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

I had mine done in November because I was so excited about them. Then I let them sit there for weeks before I put the fancy address labels on them because I didn't want to type out people's addresses (or really just didn't want to hook up my printer)....so they went out down to the wire. I always seem to do that!

#5 Theelfqueen

Theelfqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

I usually do about half of them in November, feel like I'm on top of it and then rush like a madwoman sometime in December when I realize that I am only halfway done.

• Alice Boll likes this

#6 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

This year I started at the end of June/Beginning of July.  AND i feel much better about it.......  

#7 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

My cards are very photo-centric, so I have to wait until I have the photo(s), taken specifically for the cards.  When the boys were little I wanted a very recent photo, so I'd often take the photo in November and then make the cards once I got the photos back.  Now the boys don't change quite so quickly, so the photo could be a few months old and it wouldn't matter.

I usually start looking for ideas over the summer, but don't start actually making anything until November or so.  It usually means a few late nights at the beginning of my winter break, but I've always had them in everyone's mailboxes by Christmas Eve!

#8 JerseyGirlAnne

JerseyGirlAnne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

I have already started to think about my cards for this year. I keep them very simple and only send them to people I know will appreciate them. I will make them in September if all goes as planned.

#9 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

Our cards are photo-centric too. So, I usually wait until after Thanksgiving because that's when we get the best family shots. Or, we have the tree up and some great photos in front of that.

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#10 st1tches1

st1tches1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:36 AM

I have been thinking about this as well! I'm going to go to Phoenix for Thanksgiving (for my husband's family side) then on to Las Vegas for a week for our 30th Anniversary-- this has sent me into a frenzie- because I usually put up the tree on Black Friday and do 1/2 my shopping, on black Friday and then the next weekend my Christmas cards--  and into the next weekend as needed.

This year I really want to have my shopping DONE (mostly) and my cards ready--I usually print a Holiday letter- and I"ll be sure and have most of that done with last minute pictures so I can print/fold and send

I have the Iris folding kit from Anna Griffin from last years buy-- I am thinking of getting going on that and making them my cards this year....

Fingers crossed!

#11 Alice Boll

Alice Boll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

I'm planning to start my cards in the middle of October. I'll be making about 40 so that's usually ok. I'm the worst at getting them in the mail when they are done! This year I have a plan. I'll pop them in the pile of work mail that my bookkeeper takes when she does the office work!  :)

There are no mistakes in scrapbooking, only opportunities for new creativity!

ScrapbookWonderland.com For the wonders of scrapbooking!

Scrapbook Wonderland on Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users