11 replies to this topic

#1 youngrecluse

youngrecluse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hi~

I just joined the forum and looking forward to participating. This morning I followed a link on Quietfire Designs to a new blog focusing on poetry and art journaling. I've just recently begun writing again, and I really need a "kick-start" to get back into art journaling, so the timing is great. You don't even have to write poetry yourself...you can illustrate other peoples' poems. Thought I'd share the link in case some of you might also be interested:

http://poetryjournal...ly.blogspot.ca/

Blessings~

Judi Middleton, Ohio

The link shows wrong when I post. It is supposed to be poetry journal monthly (all one word).

• Alice Boll, legalscrapper and Ruth like this

#2 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

I've been watching a workshop about making a fan-based art journal by Tangie Baxter. I say watching, because I've never actually done anything with real paints and whatnot, but it's sure inspiring me to actually give it a try! Tangie makes it look so easy too.

• Ina likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#3 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

I like the idea of using poetry with art journaling. Seems like the two would work really well together.
  • Melissa likes this

#4 rozwillster

rozwillster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Great idea!!

#5 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

I haven't started art journaling yet, though I really want to, and I never thought of adding poetry. I haven't written a poem in such a long time...I might give that a try! Thanks for the idea!

#6 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

I usually ramble on about nothing or use quotes. Paper, paint, a sharpie or Pitt pen, and I'm happy.

#7 NYC Scrapper

NYC Scrapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

I like the idea of poetry too.  I've been using some of my favorite quotes, but I used to write poetry a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.  I might just try it again.  Thanks for the idea.

#8 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Instead of poetry, I mostly use scripture, hymns, and quotes from Dr. Henrietta Mears.

Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#9 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

I love the idea of poetry

Gab

#10 Queen Mary

Queen Mary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

I subscribe to Garrison Keillor's Poem a Day and I save some that seem perfect for a photo I already have or that remind me of something I'd like to scrap so that I can use them on a scrapbook page -- since starting art journaling, it's also something I'd like to incorporate.

#11 ReneeH20

ReneeH20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

I mostly use song lyrics.

#12 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

I struggle with the purpose. I've made a couple of small art journals created through classes. We were given prompts everyday after completing the background. I didn't quite get it. Or maybe it was the prompts that didn't resonate. Maybe I just need to give the art journal a personal twist. I loved making the backgrounds and will use these techniques on scrapbook pages.

What are you using your art journal for? Or what expectations do you have for the resulting pages?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users