20 replies to this topic

#1 allerliebsteanika

allerliebsteanika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

anyone else excited for the launch of the PL app???

https://beckyhiggins...stions-answers/

• Carol and JuliaK like this

#2 donyaluana

donyaluana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

YEP!! 

I'm not a digital PL'er, but I love that they're including the ability to put two 3x4s on a 4x6.  

• Carol and JuliaK like this

I can be found over here: www.donyaluana.com/blog

Instagram: @donyaluana

#3 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Yes!!!Totally only see myself using the multiple photos on 4x6 thing as I prefer to work with physical product.
Read about my life here: http://carolynchastain.blogspot.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/carolchastain05
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cchastain374/
{Connect the Dots...Words+Photos}

#4 cidcm001

cidcm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Not really... I will probably still get it because I can't bear to miss out but I strongly suspect that the digital kits will be add ons and expensive.  I already have a lot of the digital kits so if we can still use those through dropbox or something it will be ok. To be honest I was hoping for something more like the Collect app.  I also question how flexible it will be.  Will I be able to make individual cards and export them?  That would be useful.  If it's a design A only that's limiting.  It doesn't matter because it looks like Android is still ages away.

• anandi likes this

#5 Scrapcat

Scrapcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

Not for me - I still take pictures with my point and shoot and get 2 on a page using Picasa, I also have an android, so no use to me whatsoever!

#6 cidcm001

cidcm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:38 AM

They are bringing it out on android... but it will be a few more months yet...

#7 JDKelly

JDKelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, AB, Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

I am looking forward to testing out the new app. It gives me the ability to scrap on my lunch break, while waiting at the doctor's office, on road trips. Can't wait!
  • ErinK likes this

#8 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

I am curious to see how it will work. Maybe when I have a better idea of what it does, then I will be more excited!
  • cidcm001 and ErinK like this

#9 orbigail

orbigail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, I agree with Ina. It's tought to be too excited without knowing more details. I already have several digital kits, so it will be great if I can use the product I have with the app. It's not clear if that's the case, though, or if I'd have to purchase supplies separately with the app. There are already other apps that let you put multiple pictures on a 6x4 (e.g., Pic Stitch), so I'm less excited about that function. I'm looking forward to learning more, though!

#10 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

I agree with Ina too. Well see...

#11 cidcm001

cidcm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

If they allow you to put your photos into the app - which is the whole purpose, then we will be able to use our kits.. but they might need to be converted to jpegs.

#12 allerliebsteanika

allerliebsteanika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

one thing that's strange is that nobody wrote any text on the pictures yet. maybe it is only possible to add text to the cards that come with the app. You could add the cards as a picture, but not journal on it. I don't know it for sure of course, but would be possible.

plus i didn't see any photo on two pockets or more. seems like there is only one pocket per picture. Would've been a useful feature for me... but maybe it's coming and they just don't use those features yet!

#13 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBetween the Mississippi and the Pacific :)

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

I still rely mostly on my SLR, so I'm not sure it would benefit me much.  I would like to see more about it though.

#14 paperkraftD

paperkraftD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

When is this supposed to come out?

#15 Scrapnsee

Scrapnsee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

I like the Rhonna Farrer app to modify pix, put on text, etc.  What are the main reasons folks are interested in the PL app beyond that?

#16 donyaluana

donyaluana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

I've been a lucky beta tester, and no you cannot put text onto photos, but I suppose you could use another app for that.  

You *can* put photos from a DSLR into the app through the use of Dropbox.  But yes, they would have to be jpg.  

I create my Project Life albums physically, but this will provide such an easy way for people to do it digitally without having to know Photoshop.  

Also, even though I create physical albums, I always pre-plan my spreads digitally in Photoshop.  It is so helpful to know which size photos I want printed and generally where they'll go before I spend the time and money printing them.  I know many people would like to do this but don't know how to use Photoshop (or don't have it).  The app would be a great, easy, and much cheaper alternative to pre-planning a spread.  Not to mention you can do it on your phone anywhere, rather than finding the time to sit down at a computer.  

The app won't be for everyone, but overall it will open up scrapbooking to even more people.  

• Alissa@lifeonlakeland, Julie Paradise and ErinK like this

I can be found over here: www.donyaluana.com/blog

Instagram: @donyaluana

#17 ErinK

ErinK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

Donyaluana--thanks, this is a great idea! Now I am actually excited to see it! 

#18 CookingMyLife

CookingMyLife

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:30 AM

"I'm not a digital PL'er, but I love that they're including the ability to put two 3x4s on a 4x6."  Cathy Zielske has had templates like this for ages. There are other designers out there who make little 4xt6 multi templates also.  Many of us digi scappers do this all the time using a template or creating one of our own.

Is there a date for this app yet?

Maureen

LR5 PSE10/11

iMac/Macbook/Mavericks

iPhone 4s is my only camera!

CookingMyLife

#19 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

I downloaded the app today and so far it seems fairly simple to use. I think I am going to convert to this format because it will take less time for me.

#20 paperkraftD

paperkraftD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

Does anyone know if you can print the cards like photos as well? Also, I'd be interested to see if you can get the photos printed anywhere or if you have to use Persnickety?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users