#1 Leeny

Leeny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

I found some real cool glittery cards on Pinterest but I am not sure if I need to spray something over the glitter so it won't come off the card.  Any ideas or experience?

#2 Jessie

Jessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

Love glitter on cards. I never spray anything over mine. But I don't mind if a little falls off. Distress glitter or chunky glitter I use moulding paste or heavy gel medium to adhere it through a stencil type stuff or just glossy accents for little things. And microfine glitter I use score tape and burnish it lovely. You could put a sealer on it if you are worried about it falling off. I always rub excess off once the glue dries to knock all the extra loose stuff off
  • Patticlay and LizzieB like this

#3 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

The other way I like to add glitter, is by using a good glitter paper, and cutting letters/sentiments from it. That way, no mess :)
  • Patticlay and angsandy like this

Robin

#4 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Using stickles is a good way to add non-flaking glitter to cards, and it comes in a whole range of colors.

• Inkfanatic likes this

#5 Patticlay

Patticlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Love glitter on cards. I never spray anything over mine. But I don't mind if a little falls off. Distress glitter or chunky glitter I use moulding paste or heavy gel medium to adhere it through a stencil type stuff or just glossy accents for little things. And microfine glitter I use score tape and burnish it lovely. You could put a sealer on it if you are worried about it falling off. I always rub excess off once the glue dries to knock all the extra loose stuff off

I am off to use some moulding paste and chunky glitter! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, Jessie. 

#6 Jessie

Jessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

I am off to use some moulding paste and chunky glitter! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, Jessie.

Let me know how it goes
  • Patticlay likes this

#7 clairewa

clairewa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia (Kalamunda)

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

Hairspray works wonders for keeping glitter on the cards :)

• LizzieB likes this

Claire, Perth, Western Australia

Where it is currently freezing

#8 LizzieB

LizzieB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

I use glitter quite often and have no problem with it coming off.  I simply burnish it with my fingers and brush off the excess after it dries.  My personal opinion is that if you use a quality glitter there shouldn't be too many problems but the cheaper stuff doesn't work so well.  Sparkle and Sprinkle has a very high end one.  I adhere it with score tape and also if you use microfine glitter just using versamark will hold it well as long as you brush it off after it dries.  The semi transparent glitters are so  much fun to use on just about anything. 

Eliz :rolleyes:

#9 angsandy

angsandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

I use glitter tape or punch out hearts / stars from AC glitter cardstock which is a no mess, easy way to add a touch of sparkle

#10 Siri F

Siri F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationÃ…lesund, Norway

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Jennifer McGuire has a couple of youtubes up on this right now:

I don't mind fuzzy cutting, but don't get me started on watching glue dry!

#11 lgilvar

lgilvar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPlano, Texas

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

I just used the techniques from Jennifer McGuire on a card and her tips really help!  It is addictive.  I haven't figured out how to add images to these comments, but i can share the link to my blog.  

www.LesCreatesMore.blogspot.com

I made a butterfly image with multiple glitter colors and the glitter is staying in place just from burnishing it on to double sided tape and a bone folder (per Jennifer McGuire's blog).

#12 Leeny

Leeny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

I just used the techniques from Jennifer McGuire on a card and her tips really help!  It is addictive.  I haven't figured out how to add images to these comments, but i can share the link to my blog.  

www.LesCreatesMore.blogspot.com

I made a butterfly image with multiple glitter colors and the glitter is staying in place just from burnishing it on to double sided tape and a bone folder (per Jennifer McGuire's blog).

I love the colors you chose (and your blog!)

I did see someone at a crop recently using double sided sticky paper and then putting glitter on that. 

#13 jschow

jschow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

I love the Wink of Stella Glitter brush pen.  It's just a dusting of shimmer and it's beautiful!

• MiaScraps likes this

#14 terriOMG

terriOMG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWest Bloomfield, Michigan

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

By recommendation of a scrapbook tutorial, I recently used Clear Acrylic Matt Spray to spray some super glittery shedding Teresa Collins papers (her Urban Market ones). I lightly misted them 3 times from about a foot away. It dried and worked great!  I rubbed them and nothing is coming off so far. You can't tell there's been anything sprayed on them. It's the spray used to seal paintings and photos. I think it was Krylon brand.

• MiaScraps and Julie Paradise like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users