27 replies to this topic

#21 VexedAngel

VexedAngel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

There's a little handle underneath each and they slide out! :)
  • Ina likes this

#22 Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouthern California USA

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

Thanks! I saw that pad but didn't realize you could separate out the different colors. I thought it was for rainbow stamping. :lol:

Funny I thought the same thing when I first seen them. It wasn't until I found them at a yard sale and the girl showed me how to use them that I figured out that you can take them apart.

Glinda

My Pinterest

#23 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:06 AM

Funny I thought the same thing when I first seen them. It wasn't until I found them at a yard sale and the girl showed me how to use them that I figured out that you can take them apart.

Great, now I don't feel so silly about not realizing that! So it's not just me. :lol:
  • Glinda - Razzled Scrapper likes this

#24 heidi

heidi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

I have a bunch of different colored inks, but tend to only use the black, grey and brown dye inks... oh and sometimes a white pigment ink.  

#25 veramatson

veramatson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

I think it would be wise to look at your past layouts and see what colors you use the most.  Perhaps you could pick five colors that you love the most.

Then start collecting stamp pads in those five colors.  Once you have those five basic colors, then maybe look for various shades of those five colors.  For example, I love red and I use my red stamp pads a lot.  I have a primary red, a darker brick red, and a more cranberry shade of red.  If you love blue then you may want to collect a few shades of blue, and so on.

#26 jschow

jschow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

I agree with getting a grey ink pad. I think I stamp in grey more than any other color.  Like someone else said, it's perfect for a dark color without the harshness of black.  My fave is Close To My Heart's slate for a dark grey and Whisper for a light grey.  They are the perfect grey in my opinion and don't have that blueish hue that I dislike...but it really depends on what colors you love!

#27 mrscraftyadams

mrscraftyadams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Thanks! I saw that pad but didn't realize you could separate out the different colors. I thought it was for rainbow stamping. :lol:

I've never understood these ink pads... I didn't realize you could separate the colors either!  :unsure:

#28 Alice Boll

Alice Boll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

I agree that a rainbow pad is a great way to get many colours without a lot of expense. Most of the rainbow pads I've seen are pigment ink.

Pigment ink: A wet, sticky ink. It sits more on the top of the paper and generally doesn't bleed into it. Great for embossing. Takes quite a while to dry.

Dye ink: Generally sinks into the paper, doesn't sit on the surface. Not suitable for embossing. Dries quickly.

There's other kinds of ink, (chalk, distress) but these two types have been around forever. You have lots of great tips in the comments on this thread as far as colour choices and types of inks. Have fun and don't be afraid to play!

There are no mistakes in scrapbooking, only opportunities for new creativity!

ScrapbookWonderland.com For the wonders of scrapbooking!

Scrapbook Wonderland on Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users