• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cavish

Cavish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

I'm using theNikon 5100 and love it. Having some issues with continuous shoot. Wanted to you know if anybody else had the same problems. I'll be shooting taking pictures and all of a sudden it freezes and doesn't work. then iGo to see the pictures that I've just taken and they're not there. this happened before when I was doing video also with my camera. I thought my card might be too slow but it's the card that came with the camera. I thought I would post here first I would rather not have to send my camera in. what's really frustrating is that it's a fairly new camera. does anybody have any ideas of what might be happening?
~Candi~

#2 Cavish

Cavish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Uggh, forgive my grammar mistakes. I'm using the microphone on my phone to post. :)
~Candi~

#3 kerigmt

kerigmt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCleveland-ish, OH

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

It could still be the memory card not being fast enough to keep up.  Usually Nikon doesn't include a memory card with the camera.  Exceptions could be some sort of bundle/package and they aren't going to put a premium card in there.  A retailer may have made the package and again, typically won't include a high speed/premium card to keep the costs of the package down.  Class 10 (a small 10 with a circle around it) are pretty decent but there are now Class 10 UHS-I which are faster, or so they say.

Look into the card first as usually that is the culprit.  If not, the camera may have an issue.

• Cavish and ladywing like this

My digital scrapbook pages are here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/kdogf5/

Instagram is here:  http://instagram.com/kerigmt

#4 Cavish

Cavish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, it was a bundle purchase. I guess that's why they say to never assume. I assumed they put a cars in that could handle the camera. That will be my first step. I was hoping thisight be what it was but like I said I assumed. Thanks for your help and reply.
  • kerigmt likes this
~Candi~

#5 KimP

KimP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLakeport Michigan

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

I agree, check into a high speed card!

KimP

0 user(s) are reading this topic