17 replies to this topic

#1 allerliebsteanika

allerliebsteanika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

I always wonder why there are so many more 3x4 then 6x4 cards in a pack. Anyone knows why the industry thinks we need more 3x4 than 6x4? I thought Design A is very popular and there are as many 3x4 as 6x4 pockets.

#2 scrappinpage

scrappinpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNorthern Wisconsin (BRRR...)

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Probably because they assume we are using mostly 4x6 photos in those pockets!
  • Krighaar and anandi like this
Wendy aka: scrappinpage

#3 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

Probably because they assume we are using mostly 4x6 photos in those pockets!

This, exactly. The initial thinking is that we would need 1 title 4x6 card, and the rest would be photos, while the 3x4 cards would be journaling about the photos. I definitely always need more 4x6 cards!!
  • Noell, allerliebsteanika, Teri H. and 1 other like this

#4 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Exactly as said above, but I too would love more 4x6 cards. I tend to cut down my 4x6 photos and mount them on a 4x6 card, but there is never enough.

#5 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBetween the Mississippi and the Pacific :)

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

Id be happy just to have the 4x6 cards designed to not have a title added to them. I often use them as a filler, and there just aren't enough that don't have that funky blank spot for a title.

Or maybe I should say I don't want more 4x6, I want less 3x4 and cheaper kits. Then I can buy more different kits! :)
  • mrscraftyadams, Scrappin.Char and Trrrracey like this

#6 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Yep, what they said. It was never intended to have 3x4 photos (PL started before we all had smart phones). I struggle with this same thing, and I also wish the 4x6 cards were just the design without the title area.

• SueTR, Scrappin.Char, JuliaK and 1 other like this

#7 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

There are other options now, too, if you don't want to use just your core kit - We R Memory Keepers and a few other co's have little pads of *just* 4x6 cards so I've bought a few of those.  It's also a nice way to use up those 6x6 pads!

• allerliebsteanika and Sandy like this

#8 rlg510

rlg510

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

I will tape two 3x4 cards together with a strip of washi tape on the back and slide them into a single 4x6 slot.  It has been working great for me.

Another option is the 6x6 paper pads.  They can be easily cut down to fit in a 4x6 slot.

• Noell, allerliebsteanika and anandi like this

#9 mrscraftyadams

mrscraftyadams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

A lot (all?) of the PL kits have matching 12x12 papers. I haven't bought any, but you could buy those and cut them up into 4x6! I use 6x6 pads frequently.

#10 christi

christi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

I think that the average person probably takes more horizontal photos. 

I take mostly vertical photos so I print those as 3x4. I've been doing that since the Project 365 kit when I used my dSLR for all my photos. 

I really wish there were more 4x6 cards and less of those 3x4 folded ones. 

Christi in MA

Instagram

#11 createsfromscraps

createsfromscraps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationValencia, CA

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

I agree with christi.  I hadly ever use the folded cards. Safe to say that I'm not a fan of them. I understand the need, but in the 3-4 years I've been doing PL, I've never had to use them.  I, too, would vote that there were more designed 4x6 cards in the core kits. 

#12 Julie Paradise

Julie Paradise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

A lot (all?) of the PL kits have matching 12x12 papers. I haven't bought any, but you could buy those and cut them up into 4x6! I use 6x6 pads frequently.

I made the "mistake" to buy a huge core kit and then to figure out that I cannot seem to find the right cards to go together. (Yes, I know, they are all supposed to go together automatically, but somehow sometimes this is too much colour and action for me.) So buying the PL 12x12 paper packs and cutting your own stack of 6x4 might work.

... and not to mention variety packs with the 4x 6x6 page protectors ... the core kits do not contain those square sizes at all and this one kit with the little 4x4 and 2x2 cards (I cannot find the name of it, sry) is not available anymore, it seems, except digitally.

Cutting up your own (double sided) 4x6 also might help to unify spreads or even albums.

• allerliebsteanika likes this

#13 JuliaK

JuliaK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSweden- BorÃ¥s

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

If you just want 4x6 card, Prima has many different collections with matching ATC pads in 3x4 and 4x6, perfect for project life. But I do think it´s a bit odd that the core kits only have 3x4 and 4x6 card when there are now so many different pocket design. Becky Higgins always seams to have it all figured out and thought out, maybe she just over looked this... Or thinks that if you use the other sizes, you are more crafty and wants to cut more paper...

But definitely more 4x6 with just the pretty design!  

#14 BeckyG1

BeckyG1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWickford, UK

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:21 AM

And I thought it was just me that was struggling with this! Yes please, more 4x6 cards! I hadn't thought about using my 6x6 pads though and I have a (ahem) small collection of those, so will definitely cut some of those down :)

#15 Scrappin.Char

Scrappin.Char

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:35 AM

Id be happy just to have the 4x6 cards designed to not have a title added to them. I often use them as a filler, and there just aren't enough that don't have that funky blank spot for a title.
Or maybe I should say I don't want more 4x6, I want less 3x4 and cheaper kits. Then I can buy more different kits! :)

This is my biggest annoyance with 4x6 cards. The new Crate Paper Notes and Things cards do not have this btw if you are looking for some that don't.

http://crate.typepad...fd260a15970b-pi
  • Trrrracey likes this

#16 Scrappin.Char

Scrappin.Char

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:39 AM

I agree with christi.  I hadly ever use the folded cards. Safe to say that I'm not a fan of them. I understand the need, but in the 3-4 years I've been doing PL, I've never had to use them.  I, too, would vote that there were more designed 4x6 cards in the core kits.

I end up using these most of the time as 4x6. Especially as fillers and then just add embellies. I have maybe only used 4 of them as they were intended in 4 years of PL, lol.

#17 Sandy

Sandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

Agree, agree, agree. I have a ridiculous amount of 4x3 cards and I never ever use them. I'm a 6x6 pocket PLer and use my 6x6 paper pads exclusively. I do however use the 4x3 in my 12x12 layouts. They layer nicely. I will post a photo of an example when I get home.

#18 Maribethm

Maribethm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

So true…I don't need any more 3x4 cards, like ever again, but always need 4x6. I cut down 12x12 papers but it annoys me when I get my Gossamer Blue kit every month (which I do love), but then have to go get 12x12 papers to match just so I have enough 4x6 papers. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels this way. Hopefully our talented industry peeps will respond :)  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users