#1 Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouthern California USA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

I have a bunch of different types of stamps from rubber unmounted, clear, rubber mounted wood blocks, etc. I would like to find a good way to store them. I've seen where some take the rubber and the clear stamps and put them in CD cases. I thought it was a great idea until I read somewhere that the plastic that the CD cases was made out of wasn't good for the stamps. My question is how do you store your stamps and if you use the plastic CD cases have you seen any difference I your stamps since you put them in the cases?

Glinda

My Pinterest

#2 Karin

Karin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

In folded laminated sheets, here is a picture of one of my boxes and here is a picture of some of the sheets.

• Glinda - Razzled Scrapper likes this

/Karin - ScrappaNu

#3 angelBev

angelBev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

another place I frequent, this is a big topic.   What many seem to be doing is using the AVery Elle envelopes and the fridge bin  for their clear stamps.  Jennifer McGuire is the one who showed this system and it is pretty amazing.

http://www.jenniferm...age-update.html

• jschow and Glinda - Razzled Scrapper like this

#4 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

I store my stamps in a couple of ways.  First, ALL of my stamps are either photopolymer or unmounted red rubber.  If it is a stamp coming on a wood block, I unmount it and remount of cling foam.  Stampin' Up Stamps and photopolymer are stored in the Stampin' Up! DVD cases.  I also store other stamps in 8.5x11 Unikeep Binder boxes on sheets of EZ Mount cling sheets, and the binders sit on a shelf.  As my stamp collection has grown and I resell used and tired stamp sets I no longer enjoy, I have been slowly moving all of my stamps into the DVD cases as it makes it easier to resell stamps sets  I no longer enjoy later.  Here is a link to my instagram showing my DVD case storage

http://instagram.com...Y3n/?modal=true

• CindyP, Glinda - Razzled Scrapper and Scrapnsee like this

#5 Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouthern California USA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I store my stamps in a couple of ways.  First, ALL of my stamps are either photopolymer or unmounted red rubber.  If it is a stamp coming on a wood block, I unmount it and remount of cling foam.  Stampin' Up Stamps and photopolymer are stored in the Stampin' Up! DVD cases.  I also store other stamps in 8.5x11 Unikeep Binder boxes on sheets of EZ Mount cling sheets, and the binders sit on a shelf.  As my stamp collection has grown and I resell used and tired stamp sets I no longer enjoy, I have been slowly moving all of my stamps into the DVD cases as it makes it easier to resell stamps sets  I no longer enjoy later.  Here is a link to my instagram showing my DVD case storage

http://instagram.com...Y3n/?modal=true

Do you think the clear DVD cases that are not Stampin' Up would be ok? I also started following your Instagram. You have some great layouts and cards.

Glinda

My Pinterest

#6 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBetween the Mississippi and the Pacific :)

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

I tried the CD case thing and hated it.  So I used Jennifer McGuire's system.  I used zipper bags from the Walmart craft section because I'm a total cheapskate, but it's working great.   I've put my clear and cling stamps in them.  I don't have any wood mount stamps.

#7 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Do you think the clear DVD cases that are not Stampin' Up would be ok? I also started following your Instagram. You have some great layouts and cards.

I saw that Glinda!  So, I had wondered the same thing and went looking, and truthfully, I get get two different sets in one case - they are sold in cases of 4 so you can potentially get 8 sets for one case... sometimes more depending on the size of the set.  That's for the photopolymer only..... red rubber is a different story.  I stored my stamps in CD cases prior to switching and never had a problem.  I do use DVD Jewel cases for my wafer dies, and honestly prefer the Stampin' Up! cases becuase they are closed on all sides if a stamp loses stickiness, i won't loss the stamp.

#8 scrappinpage

scrappinpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNorthern Wisconsin (BRRR...)

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

I tried the CD case thing and hated it. So I used Jennifer McGuire's system. I used zipper bags from the Walmart craft section because I'm a total cheapskate, but it's working great. I've put my clear and cling stamps in them. I don't have any wood mount stamps.

I, too, loved Jennifer's system but was too cheap to buy the avery Elle sleeves. I ended up finding some cheap page protectors at Office Max that were 8.5x5.5 and they work great!
Wendy aka: scrappinpage

#9 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBetween the Mississippi and the Pacific :)

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

I, too, loved Jennifer's system but was too cheap to buy the avery Elle sleeves. I ended up finding some cheap page protectors at Office Max that were 8.5x5.5 and they work great!

I don't have an Office Depot either, but I will rember this next time I'm in the city. Thanks!!

#10 LuciAZ

LuciAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

I store all stamps from different companies in the SU cases, I am also a hobby demo so whenever I have "hostess" freebies to use, I get a couple of packs. I don't like CD case because I always seem to crack or break them somehow. I make labels for my cases so they are all uniformed, I just wish I had a better storage system.

• Patticlay and Glinda - Razzled Scrapper like this

#11 scrappinpage

scrappinpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNorthern Wisconsin (BRRR...)

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

I don't have an Office Depot either, but I will rember this next time I'm in the city. Thanks!!

I'm sure they have them other places, too...Walmart may even have them. Check in office section by other page protectors and binders.
Wendy aka: scrappinpage

#12 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Maybe it's because I don't have tons...but I keep my clear ones, in their original packaging. All my stamps are in a basket which sits on one of the shelves of my table (bookcase ends provide shelving). The smaller or wood mounted stamps are in front, the taller clear stamps are set in the back of the basket. That way when I need one, I just pull that basket out, and the blocks are there too. Easy to use, easy to put away :)
I also have a Renee Clip it Up, and taller stamps hang on that. I can turn around and they are just behind me, when I'm working.

Robin

#13 Patticlay

Patticlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

I store all stamps from different companies in the SU cases, I am also a hobby demo so whenever I have "hostess" freebies to use, I get a couple of packs. I don't like CD case because I always seem to crack or break them somehow. I make labels for my cases so they are all uniformed, I just wish I had a better storage system.

This is exactly where I am right now.  I'm going to check out everyone's suggestions. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users