• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBetween the Mississippi and the Pacific :)

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

I actually ordered my IKEA goodies online! Shipping was inexpensive to my zip code and definitely worth it instead of wasting time and gas going to the one 1 1/2 hours away. :)

Call me jealous.....I've looked online and to my zip, shipping is ridiculously expensive, so I've not ordered anything.  The closest store is like 6 hours away.

#22 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I actually ordered my IKEA goodies online! Shipping was inexpensive to my zip code and definitely worth it instead of wasting time and gas going to the one 1 1/2 hours away. :)

Hmmmm...maybe I'll have to see what shipping would be. I just assumed it would be pricey since there isn't one close by and I really dislike paying a lot for shipping.

#23 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

Call me jealous.....I've looked online and to my zip, shipping is ridiculously expensive, so I've not ordered anything.  The closest store is like 6 hours away.

Yea, the one for me is either 5 1/2 or 3 1/2 to canada. I was thinking not might be pricey, but I'll try it and see.

#24 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Not to mention...I really want it go to an Ikea, just to go! :)

#25 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

I do too!  I feel like it's a mecca of sorts.  Of course, that would be like high treason around our house.  So I won't look at cabinetry, just organizers :P

#26 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

Shipping on the cart is actually reasonable. 

#27 ChristyS

ChristyS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNassau, Bahamas

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

Right now, I still have them in the core kit boxes. I can't bear to break the kits apart. I think about using them as kits versus using a color most of the time. I just bought the We R Memory keepers storage container. It looks like a library card catalog a bit, but smaller. I will let you know what I think of it.

Christy S.

MyScrapbookEvolution.com

DSG%20Listen_zpsebngsiei.jpg

#28 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Shipping on the cart is actually reasonable.

Surprisingly it want too bad for me either. I put the cart, a basket and 3 of the trays that Patter had in my cart and shipping was $16. I thought it would be higher. Hmmmmm.....
  • anandi likes this

#29 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

Right now, I still have them in the core kit boxes. I can't bear to break the kits apart. I think about using them as kits versus using a color most of the time. I just bought the We R Memory keepers storage container. It looks like a library card catalog a bit, but smaller. I will let you know what I think of it.

Yea, definitely let us know how you like it.

#30 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Surprisingly it want too bad for me either. I put the cart, a basket and 3 of the trays that Patter had in my cart and shipping was $16. I thought it would be higher. Hmmmmm.....

Not bad at all.  Just the cart is $15 for me.  The last time I had looked at some small baskets for my bathroom (like toothbrush size things) shipping was over $20!  So I thought this was very reasonable.  I'm not buying the cart though because I don't have any place to put it.  But I am being tempted by some rack/shelf/hook things

#31 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Oh, yes, I want to know too!  I like it, not sure where I'd put it, but it just looks so tidy and white, I can't help but like it.

#32 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

I have two of those Raskog carts and intended to use them for PL, but now one has my jewelry-making stuff, which gets it off my main workspace, so yay, and the other is a mishmash of things i haven't put away properly. Part of the problem is that I bought some of those plastic Antonius trays that people were using but they don't *quite* fit the PL cards right because they taper at the bottom.  And it's bugging me.

So I'm looking for ways to reorganize.  All of my Studio Calico kits were disassembled and I've sorted those cards by color, but I have been keeping my partial core kits together in their sets.   Right now I have PL supplies in at least 3 different places in my craft room and this is clearly NOT working for me, so it's something I'd like to solve soon.  I'm hoping that new Studio Calico organization class will talk about it, at least a little.

#33 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

I have two of those Raskog carts and intended to use them for PL, but now one has my jewelry-making stuff, which gets it off my main workspace, so yay, and the other is a mishmash of things i haven't put away properly. Part of the problem is that I bought some of those plastic Antonius trays that people were using but they don't *quite* fit the PL cards right because they taper at the bottom.  And it's bugging me.

For sure! I bought 2 of those Antonius trays, and I did not like them for PL at all. I actually use them in my other Raskog for my art journaling supplies. The PL trays that come in the box work GREAT in the Raskog for PL so that's what I use. :) I have 3 Raskogs--two in my studio and one in my walk-in closet.

So glad shipping wasn't bad. Totally worth it to me! I would have cost me a lot more than $16 to drive and take my time to go.

I used to live 10 minutes from an IKEA. I went once and never again. Once you are in, you have to walk the WHOLE thing to get out. There are emergency exits but that's it. I didn't like that at all. I like to go in, get what I need and leave. I didn't like that I had to spend forever in there walking the place when I didn't need to. Another reason the shipping is appealing to me now that the closest store is 1+ hour from me. :)

Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#34 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Patter, just watched this, and How Cool is this? Well done! Love how you've arranged your Raskog!

Agh, thank you so much! :) I hope it was helpful.

#35 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Not bad at all.  Just the cart is $15 for me.  The last time I had looked at some small baskets for my bathroom (like toothbrush size things) shipping was over $20!  So I thought this was very reasonable.  I'm not buying the cart though because I don't have any place to put it.  But I am being tempted by some rack/shelf/hook things

The cart and 2 baskets are $16 for me! Oh I soooo want to order one!
  • anandi likes this

#36 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Patter, that store is HUGE too, oh that would drive me nuts. I wouldn't mind the first time going in and seeing everything, after that no thanks! I'm like you, I want to get in, get what I need and leave.

#37 donyaluana

donyaluana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Another great Ikea organizer to consider is the Alex drawer units. I have two stacked on top of one another right next to my desk.  I swear they are made for scrapbookers.  I have the cards (sorted by kit and color) stored in Antonius organizers (also from Ikea).  There are a couple more pictures on my blog as well.  

donya-luana-office-05-after.jpg

• Ina, Inkfanatic, Niki and 2 others like this

I can be found over here: www.donyaluana.com/blog

Instagram: @donyaluana

#38 orbigail

orbigail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Another great Ikea organizer to consider is the Alex drawer units. I have two stacked on top of one another right next to my desk.  I swear they are made for scrapbookers.  I have the cards (sorted by kit and color) stored in Antonius organizers (also from Ikea).  There are a couple more pictures on my blog as well.  

Ooh, I love that. Such a pretty office!

#39 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

Patter, that store is HUGE too, oh that would drive me nuts. I wouldn't mind the first time going in and seeing everything, after that no thanks! I'm like you, I want to get in, get what I need and leave.

Glad I am not the only "get in and get out shopper."  LOL! :)

Love that unit too! I just don't have anywhere to put it. LOL!

#40 cidcm001

cidcm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

I use a variety of things... some small plastic trays from a cheapie shop and then I have Ikea frames that hold up the Martha Stewart organisers. 

10479686_10204520506320941_1876806628886

10348190_10204520488360492_7480197556523

• Ina, Inkfanatic, Niki and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users