• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Cavish

Cavish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

I found an art journaler on you tube who is AMAZING and she really got me into art journaling. However, presently I'm more addicted to buying supplies. I have hot to get my butt up and actually start using all of my hoarded supplies. I do love watching videos about them though, lots of cool techniques out there. Anyone else feel this way. ;)
  • Ina, Scrappy Angel, ShortDrMom and 1 other like this
~Candi~

#2 Scrappy Angel

Scrappy Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBrampton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

Raising my hand as another supply junkie. I could probably do all of my hobbies for the rest of my life and to buy another thing. But I love being able to watch a video on a new technique and likely have the supplies already to be able to do it.
  • Cavish and CindyP like this

#3 Cavish

Cavish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

Me too!! I am even off for the summer and what am I doing? Watching videos on art journals. Lol.
  • Siri F and Ina like this
~Candi~

#4 youngrecluse

youngrecluse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'm guilty of being a collector, rather than a do-er. Especially during the summer months, when I prefer flower gardening. I also have enough "stuff" that could keep me busy for a long time to come. I have quite a lot of rubber stamps, which I love, but most of them have never met up with ink yet.

JudiM, Ohio

#5 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

I LOVE art journaling supplies. But I try to use them on everything--cards, layouts, art journal pages, altered art, everything! :) 

• AmyO likes this
Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#6 cathiereed

cathiereed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

I love buying new supplies but I've found that using them is even more fun than collecting them. :D

• AmyO, Ina and Annifer like this

#7 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hmmm....I like to take classes, buy product, try them out and then decide if I like using the product or not. Sometimes a technique doesn't work for me. It doesn't feel like something I would enjoy so I don't add to that particular supply of product. I started using the Stampers Big Brush Pen. Now I want all the colours. And I want to use them. Playing is fun.
  • cathiereed likes this

#8 cathiereed

cathiereed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

I do that too, MiaScraps. Whenever I'm trying a new product I always start with a few pieces - in my favorite color or shapes. Then if I like it I buy more. It's an affordable way to try new supplies.

MiaScraps, why do you like the Big Brush pen so much? I have one but haven't really used it very much. Care to share some ideas?

#9 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

Me too!!

Gab

#10 Sabine

Sabine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of Europe

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

Yes, I am guilty of buying, hoarding and never using stuff. So sad, but often I really don't have the time to sit down and do some crafting and journaling.   :mellow:

Sabine

#11 MaryCole

MaryCole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVirginia, US

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

I'm addicted to stencils. I use a lot of them, but I have to admit that some are as clean as the day I bought them.

Mary

Blog - Time for Dabbling

#12 Queen Mary

Queen Mary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

I found an art journaler on you tube who is AMAZING and she really got me into art journaling. However, presently I'm more addicted to buying supplies. I have hot to get my butt up and actually start using all of my hoarded supplies. I do love watching videos about them though, lots of cool techniques out there. Anyone else feel this way. ;)

Are you allowed to share the art journaler you like on youtube?

#13 sunnyscrapper328

sunnyscrapper328

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTitletown, USA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

I have way too many stencils, mists, gelatos and paints. I need to use the gelatos and paints more, but I only know a few techniques.

#14 MaryCole

MaryCole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVirginia, US

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

I have way too many stencils, mists, gelatos and paints. I need to use the gelatos and paints more, but I only know a few techniques.

Within the last year, Donna Downey did a series of short infomercial-type videos for Faber-Castell, the makers of gelatos. Many of the techniques were done with gelatos. This link will take you to the archive of the series on her blog. Scroll down to find the gelato videos.

Mary

Blog - Time for Dabbling

#15 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

I do that too, MiaScraps. Whenever I'm trying a new product I always start with a few pieces - in my favorite color or shapes. Then if I like it I buy more. It's an affordable way to try new supplies.

MiaScraps, why do you like the Big Brush pen so much? I have one but haven't really used it very much. Care to share some ideas?

Cathiereed, I took a class earlier this year on drawing flowers in an art journal. I didn't do the art journal but I made sample sheets. The big brush pens work so well over multi mediums. I don't have experience with other big markers.

#16 Cavish

Cavish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

If you search for Vicky p on YouTube it comes up. Her last name is Greek I believe. It's a longer last name. I think it's papaioannou.
~Candi~

#17 paperprincess

paperprincess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSunny So Cal!

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

Izzy and Noell have kind of given us carte blanche to add links to our posts (if i understand correctly), as long as they are appropriate of course! :) 

create a beautiful life!

donna 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users