#1 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

There's a journaling stamp I use All. The. Time.  It's 5 or 6 stitched lines that are not aligned, just random.  I love it.  I just stamp it more than once if I need more room.  I think it was Autumn Leaves from easily 7 or 8 years ago. I used it recently and I just can't find it!  I've cleaned up my space, torn everything apart, and it's gone.  I am so sad!  :(

#2 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Have you checked the under side of your boobs?  I lose stuff there all the time...... 

Also check in between papers, maybe retrace your steps starting with the last project you used it on. 

Do you have pets?  My kittys knock things into the garbage can......

• Laura, vintageplaid, Dragonfly and 1 other like this

#3 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

Sorry you lost a "good friend". My theory is that it will show up one day when you are not looking for it. Stuck to a page protector? Another package of stamps? A sleeve?

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Have you checked the under side of your boobs?  I lose stuff there all the time...... 

Also check in between papers, maybe retrace your steps starting with the last project you used it on. 

Do you have pets?  My kittys knock things into the garbage can......

lol  I've showered since I last used it, so I'm pretty sure it's nowhere on my body...

I did retrace my steps (of course I had created a few things in between the last project where the stamp was used and when I discovered it was missing)  I dumped out my scrappy garbage can to sift through it, and it wasn't in there.  It's possible my cat took it and hid it somewhere (that's sort of his style....)

Sorry you lost a "good friend". My theory is that it will show up one day when you are not looking for it. Stuck to a page protector? Another package of stamps? A sleeve?

I'm sure it will show up some day.  Meanwhile I'm going to keep trying to use it and get angry all over again!

#5 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBetween the Mississippi and the Pacific :)

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

:(

Hmmmm....I used to have a stamp just like that. It was autumn leaves. When I get home I'll see if I still have it or if I've given it away. If I still have it, I'd love to send it to you as I never use it (that's why I'm not sure if I still have it!)

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

:(

Hmmmm....I used to have a stamp just like that. It was autumn leaves. When I get home I'll see if I still have it or if I've given it away. If I still have it, I'd love to send it to you as I never use it (that's why I'm not sure if I still have it!)

That is so kind of you!  Let me know...I'd be glad to pay a little something for it, for sure!

#7 aurorwillow

aurorwillow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

I just recently lost two flowers stamps from a fiskars set. I searched high in low, even went through my trash can twice. No idea where they snuck off too. It can be frustrating but luckily they weren't too important to me. 

#8 Siri F

Siri F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationÃ…lesund, Norway

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

I lost one once, I found it the next day stuck to my phone...
  • Laura likes this
I don't mind fuzzy cutting, but don't get me started on watching glue dry!

#9 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

I just recently lost two flowers stamps from a fiskars set. I searched high in low, even went through my trash can twice. No idea where they snuck off too. It can be frustrating but luckily they weren't too important to me. 

I'm glad I'm not alone, at least!  

#10 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

After loosing a die cut for probably 2 weeks - I spent 2 days looking for it before I just cut another one.... I found it had landed in an open drawer under a few items....  Do you have any open containers with scrappy stuff that it may have fallen into?

#11 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

I had a wonderful "Happy" "Birthday" stamp and it was great! I knocked the "Happy" off my desk after using it on a Project Life card and I can't find it at all... it's gone. It's a bummer.

#12 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

After loosing a die cut for probably 2 weeks - I spent 2 days looking for it before I just cut another one.... I found it had landed in an open drawer under a few items....  Do you have any open containers with scrappy stuff that it may have fallen into?

I don't think so.  I work at my dining room table, so no drawers.  Boxes/containers on my desk are mostly on a tiered lazy susan, so things don't really fall into them.  

At any rate, I found the set my lost stamp was originally in on sale on eBay, so I now have a new copy of that lost stamp, and extra copies of all the rest!  Willing to RAK the "extras" to anyone who wants them!

It's this one, I'm keeping the middle row, right column.

http://www.thatscraf...se-46022-p.html

#13 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

I lost one of my favorite Tim Holtz stamps once, and a year later I found it in my crop bag! I had taken it when I was teaching a class, and I put it back in a weird pocket! So thankful I had gone to a crop or I would never have found it!

Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#14 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

You know

I don't think so.  I work at my dining room table, so no drawers.  Boxes/containers on my desk are mostly on a tiered lazy susan, so things don't really fall into them.  

At any rate, I found the set my lost stamp was originally in on sale on eBay, so I now have a new copy of that lost stamp, and extra copies of all the rest!  Willing to RAK the "extras" to anyone who wants them!

It's this one, I'm keeping the middle row, right column.

http://www.thatscraf...se-46022-p.html

You know, I saw that set on eBay and actually wondered if that was the set you had a lost a stamp from. I almost bought that set to RAK the stamp to you! (But then I got distracted by other crafty goodies... ;) )

#15 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

That is such a cute stamp set - so glad you were able to re-purchase!

Gab

#16 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

I lost one of my favorite Tim Holtz stamps once, and a year later I found it in my crop bag! I had taken it when I was teaching a class, and I put it back in a weird pocket! So thankful I had gone to a crop or I would never have found it!

I did this same thing! Only with new scrappy stuff I had purchased while there......

#17 Patter

Patter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationGlad to be back in the Carolinas

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

I did this same thing! Only with new scrappy stuff I had purchased while there......

LOL! We need to remind each other to check every pocket before putting those crop bags away! :)

Patter, Mom to identical triplet girls in college
Asst. DT Coordinator for Blue Fern Studios

#18 angelBev

angelBev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

that is a cute stamp set! I love using journaling stamps like that. Glad you were able to find a replacement.

#19 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

You know

You know, I saw that set on eBay and actually wondered if that was the set you had a lost a stamp from. I almost bought that set to RAK the stamp to you! (But then I got distracted by other crafty goodies... ;) )

That's very sweet of you!  PM me your address and I'll RAK the remaining stamps to you!

#20 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

That's very sweet of you! PM me your address and I'll RAK the remaining stamps to you!

Aww, thank you! I am only a few months into paper scrapbooking so I don't have much of a collection yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users