Karin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

What are 'The Angle Policies'?

Your possibilities to sell cards (or other objects) where you have used stamps. Different companies have different policies.

/Karin - ScrappaNu

#22 keely

keely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

I started making cards because I couldn't justify the prices charged in stores. Then I subscribed to a card kit club. Well, I have to make at least 8 or 9 cards to get the per card cost down to $3. Needless to say, I rarely make that many cards from a single kit!!

#23 heizluv

heizluv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

I have been making cards since I got my first computer (many, many years ago).  At first they were all on the computer and of course everyone loved them.  Then a friend (be careful who you call friend) introduced me to cards with the scrapbooking method.  Since then, I haven't been able to buy food :-).  I have been addicted and have so many supplies I will have to move out of my apartment soon and just let the paper take over.  Like MandyMae, everyone keeps telling me I need to sell them.  I feel the same way.  Who in their right mind would pay the cost of the paper and embellishments, not to mention my time.  So like Josch  I give them away and want to make sure everyone receives one.  There is only 1 problem I've run into.  I belong to an older church and I have a hard time keeping up between the sympathy cards and birthday cards.  But as fast as I can I will try.  

Since becoming a Paperclipping member I have fallen in love with memory keeping.  So now I call myself a scrapbooker except I have only made 1 layout so far.  I have, however, made many memory books from Shutterfly.  I use to make them with pictures  only but now I've added journaling.  I'm in the process of making me a real scrapping space because I work on a tv tray right now so I can handle cards but layouts would be difficult.  Paperclipping Roundtable and membership have changed my life.  I wish I would have known about them and the scrapbooking world before my granddaughter was born but I have been collecting and making notes so I can go back and scrap from her birth (she's 6).  I could go on and on talking about scrapping but I won't.  You guys might put me off this blog for being so long winded.  Are there blog rules?  Just asked because I just got my first smart phone 3 months ago and my 1st text the recipient responded "wow, that wasn't a text - that was a book".  Gave me the idea that texts were not suppose to be so long.  Just wondered if there are rules to blogs also.

Thanks to all of these blogs and all of you real scrapbookers for all your tips.  I have read a lot of blogs but this is the first I have ever posted to.  Hopefully this will not be the last.

• MiaScraps likes this

#24 StampingRooster

StampingRooster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

What are 'The Angle Policies'?

Karin pretty much nailed it. The way I understand, you are entitled to use the stamped image for personal use, but if you want to sell cards you make with that image, then you need to know what the Companies' policies are. Some don't care, some want you to credit them, others don't want you to do it at all.

Gretchen

Now blogging and posting process videos

#25 Springercorner

Springercorner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

I started as a paper scrapbooker, then hybrid and now mostly do digital scrapbooking. Then I decided to make cards to "use up" the paper supplies. That just led to needing more supplies. I make all of the cards I send and share extras with family members. Now I also started art journaling. I can't get enough. It's a multi-faceted addiction.

#26 heizluv

heizluv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Thanks StampingRooster for the explanation.  I didn't know.  Good thing I never wanted to sell my cards :-)

#27 Ruthie

Ruthie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

I started making cards and just have never gotten the hang of scrapbooking. I started out small, but in the five years that I have been making cards, I have moved from the guest bedroom to a craft room that my husband made for me, in the utility room.

I guess the only justification I can use, is that it keeps me out of my husbands hair, so he can enjoy his hobby of restoring cars.

#28 janpfh

janpfh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSunny Arizona

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

I used to just stamp on the outside of my cards and leave the inside blank (still do that for the cards I make to send to the troops), but a couple of years ago I started making a bunch of cards as a gift for my mother. She's now 90 and it's hard for her to shop for cards, expensive for her, and her hands shake too much to write much inside. One day she said, "if they just had a message stamped inside, I could sign my name and not feel guilty about not writing a long note." That's when and why I started stamping messages on the inside, too--and it gave me an excuse to buy a few more stamps!

#29 VexedAngel

VexedAngel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Just one small note in case anyone tries googling to learn more--it is actually 'Angel Policies,' like a heavenly angel, not a geometric angle.

#30 VexedAngel

VexedAngel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

I began making cards for the same reason. I really enjoy it. My problem is that I make them and then forget to send them or send them late!! So frustrating and embarassing. I wish I could get better about it! I hope that once my kids get a little older maybe I'll get better at it.

#31 Travelsoul

Travelsoul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOrange County California

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

I feel guilty if I ever purchase a card. I only have a million dollars worth of craft supplies! I can make a card really fast but sometimes I just can't make it happen!

This is me! Not only do I feel guilty if I give a store bought card, table, or gift card holder... But everyone who knows me expects handmade. I'd be letting them down with a store bought.
  • LizzieB likes this

#32 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

I like making my own cards because I feel good about using up my scraps, personalizing each one for the recipient, being creative and saving money.  Then I feel better about the money I have invested in tools and supplies :).

I completely agree!

#33 cindi

cindi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Pacific Northwest

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Yay!   :)

I started scrapbooking after making cards.  But I stunk cards.  My husband was nervous about me investing more into scrapbooking.  All the while, I did always make cards, but I never enjoyed it.  I made them out of necessity because I didn't want to spend $4 on a Hallmark card when I already had hoards of pretty paper.  

Then I bought my cuttlebug and some dies and cardmaking began to click for me.  After having a few tools, I realized I hated making cards previously because I had very few tools and stamps.  Just a few months ago, I got hooked on Jennifer McGuire and I've been making a TON of cards.  My poor albums are feeling neglected.  LOL...I like cards because I can get a *tiny* bit messy and inky on such a small canvas.  I hate getting messy on my LOs.  

It's fun to have people who "get" it! :)  Although - if I'm being honest, I don't save any money.  I just use the excuse to exceed my scrappy budget! :P

I don't "save money" making cards but I do have a room full of paper, stamps, punches, ink, dies, Cricut, Vagabond, Big Shot, pens and pencils of all kinds and brands etc. etc. etc.  :D

~ Cindi

craft blog camanocardmaker

my blog flourishesandbling

Cindi's Pinterest

#34 diecuts4u

diecuts4u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNW Iowa

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

THE Angel policy is how stamp companies convey whether or not you are allowed to use their products on cards that you SELL.

Stampin UP for example allows you to sell cards made with their products providing you have their "angel Policy approved" stamp on the     BACK of the card. They usually have several different ones that qualify in each catalog for purchase, then you just stamp that on the back of your card. hope this helps.

I began as a card maker and as everyone knows it is NOT cheaper to make your own cards, but nothing can compare with the satisfaction and warm fuzzies of giving someone a handmade card. That is priceless. I love card making and have met so many wonderful people because of it.

#35 princessofcute

princessofcute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:12 AM

Your possibilities to sell cards (or other objects) where you have used stamps. Different companies have different policies.

I think she means Angel policies.

#36 Karin

Karin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

I think she means Angel policies.

Yes, it was exactly that question I answered.

/Karin - ScrappaNu

#37 LizzieB

LizzieB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Sometimes my cards are blank inside and I just write something, but more often than not I will stamp a sentiment or use my stamps to brighten up the inside. However, now that I have my Silhouette, I can print on both the outside

and the inside using any font in my computer.  So I will make my card around whatever Greeting I want to use.  I've had more fun making cards since receiving my Silhouette.  I can both die cut and write with the pens.  If you have a

Cameo you must try this.

Eliz :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users