48 replies to this topic

#21 cidcm001

cidcm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

No but I have more then 14 full kits and minis... I've lost count... I often go through and cull the cards I don't like.  I sell them or give them away.  The kids love some of the left overs as well....

• Inkfanatic likes this

#22 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

I think I need to do this! It would save a lot of rummaging through the ones I'm not too fond of! I usually use them as to do lists and stuff. But I could give them away too :)
  • cidcm001 likes this

Robin

#23 cidcm001

cidcm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

Sell them Inkfanatic... there are plenty of PL sell groups...

• Inkfanatic and Scrapnsee like this

#24 Scrappy Angel

Scrappy Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBrampton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

Nope, never used up an entire core kit.  I have 3 core kits and then I bought a few partial kits off the 2Peas Buy/Sell board.  I think picking up partial kits (1/3 or 1/2) is ideal.  I also use the cards in mini albums or layouts as journalling tags.

#25 ChristyS

ChristyS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNassau, Bahamas

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

I seem to have an addiciton to buying core kits. So, ummm, no...haven't been able to use a whole core kit yet. :o

• Inkfanatic and Alissa@lifeonlakeland like this

Christy S.

MyScrapbookEvolution.com

DSG%20Listen_zpsebngsiei.jpg

#26 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

After saying that I wasn't planning on using other core kits, I found the Dear Lizzie core kit at Michaels for $14.99. I decided not to buy it. But now that I have been thinking about it, I think the softer colors and sweeter shapes might suit my daughter's baby book better than the kit I have. I bought the baby kit for girls but I don't really love it.

I am bringing my kids to the Michaels craft tomorrow and if it there, I am going to buy the dear Lizzie collection.

#27 craftychelle

craftychelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

I've got quite a few core kits and mini kits and haven't used them all, I just brought the Strawberry core kit today  :unsure:

#28 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

Where can you go to buy and sell partial kits?

#29 christi

christi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

I am using Midnight as a core kit. It doesn't have enough 4x6 journaling cards to be the only kit I use in the album. So I have cut aparts and the Studio Calico kits to use as well. I also have Cinnamon for our travel album. 

I didn't even use up all of the original BH/CK Project 365 kit! I used lots and lots of cards in that album which spanned 14 months. When I finally finished the album I handed off the remaining cards and transparencies to a lady I met at a crop who was interested in PL. 

Christi in MA

Instagram

#30 donyaluana

donyaluana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

When I first started PL, I had massive amounts of patterned paper, so I just ordered design A photo pockets( all they had then) and used my patterned paper as cards, cut and corner rounded.

I did this too!  

I had Turquoise and definitely didn't use much of it.  I just used scrapbook paper.  Then I got Jade and I have probably used over half of it.  I love that kit.  Now I have several to choose from and started a sub with SC, so I doubt I'll ever use up a whole core kit.  

• cidcm001 likes this

I can be found over here: www.donyaluana.com/blog

Instagram: @donyaluana

#31 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Tiffany W, Beth posted a link to a fb pl swap/sell group on the first page of this thread :) Hope that helps!

Robin

#32 BrinkleyMiles

BrinkleyMiles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Nope.  Not even close.  This is almost like trying to finish an entire tube of chapstick without losing it first.  If you can complete the task, you deserve a special award.  

• Ina, Teri H. and donyaluana like this

Personal rambles about life, running, cycling, scrapbooking - http://www.brinkleymiles.com

"Those who scrapbook live life twice."

#33 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

Nope.  Not even close.  This is almost like trying to finish an entire tube of chapstick without losing it first.  If you can complete the task, you deserve a special award.  

Haha, love the analogy! :lol:

• Inkfanatic and alynnkenyon like this

#34 crisann

crisann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

o my!

I had both the original p365 and the original plife (cherry)... I think I gave both of those away.

I have turquoise, clementine, seafoam, midnight (my favorite), just add color, 5th and frolic, blush, baby for him... I have the Maggie holmes flea market mini and the amy tangerine plus one mini... and who knows which others...

the only one I've even really touched is midnight, so... not a chance of using one up...

#35 Scrapcat

Scrapcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

I sort my cards by colour so I shall never know if an entire kit is actually finished ;) i've found that I use more cards though now they're sorted this way and I also make greeting cards or sell mixed packs of any that I know I won't use to scrap with.

#36 Teri H.

Teri H.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationLethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

I have Jade and Midnight and continuously find myself searching for the same three colours (red, pink and blue); I seem to have used up all those cards in Jade and don't have a lot of purpose for the other cards. I have almost completed my Cut&Paste mini-kit. I think I'll try to find other uses for these "un-useful" cards to me and then maybe create my own kit? By searching through my first year of PL, I notice a lot of light blue, teal and pink in our photos. There isn't one core kit that has those colours in the shades I want. I may have to look into those swap/trade sites because this is the problem with buying an entire core kit. I have virtually no use for anything green or yellow.

• Mishasmom likes this

Loving the Literary Life

www.thestoryknows.com

#37 littletoki

littletoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Not even close. I like to stick with one core kit per year since I like the continuity. I started with the Amber edition which I won in a giveaway from the lovely Liz Tamanaha of Paislee Press. It was a great introduction to Project Life! But the colors and designs just didn't call out to me. I probably only made it through about half of that kit. Then I got the Seafoam edition and I loved the colors and the simple designs made them really easy to work with. But I was frustrated with the limited number of designs so I probably used only about a third of that kit... maybe less! Now I'm using the Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic kit and I'm in heaven!! So many designs! The pretty colors make me want to sing! I can see myself using up every bit of it. If they don't all make it into my PL, they'll definitely show up on my regular layouts. 

Is there any chance that the Paperclipping forum will grow to have a swap forum? I'd really like to give my partially used kits a chance to be used and loved by another scrapper and I trust this community :)

• Niki and Teri H. like this

#38 pattyc

pattyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern PA

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I have the first P365 kit which is the only one that I have come close to using in it's entirety. I also have the Clementine kit (which I just don't love, so that one gets neglected) and one other ... I think it might be a Dear Lizzy or maybe it is a Maggie Holmes kit. I think I like buying the kits more than using them. I recently bought a bunch of little kits. I find I use them more since there aren't tons of duplicates. 

#39 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

Is there any chance that the Paperclipping forum will grow to have a swap forum? I'd really like to give my partially used kits a chance to be used and loved by another scrapper and I trust this community :)

I agree, that would be great! I've already had a fun swap through this community, will send you a PM. :)
  • Niki likes this

#40 JDKelly

JDKelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, AB, Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

I have used up the majority of 3 core kits. For the past 3 years, I have bought one core kit and used it for the year. I like that it gives my album a cohesive look and it sped up my scrapping as it reduced the number of choices I had for my LO. This is the best way I have found to keep up with my memory keeping while I have two little ones in the house (I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old). In the past year I have started incorporating other products into my LO's, but still mainly use the one core kit I bought for the year. As for left overs, my local store recently had a PL themed crop and we all brought in cards we wanted to trade. That worked out really well!
  • Inkfanatic and cidcm001 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users