#1 Ina

Ina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

I guess I should start by asking which core kits do you have, and have you ever used up all or most of it?

I have 4 core kits, a few partials, plus a mini, and my Studio Calico sub, so I don't think I'll ever use up an entire core kit. I've been thinking of packaging some of it up as a partial kit and selling/trading it. Except I'm not sure where the best place to do that is, unless I do eBay.

#2 allerliebsteanika

allerliebsteanika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

i only have digital core kits and i never intended to use all cards from it. that's not so good about digital, you cannot resell the things you don't use. For paper cards i like the ones by wrmk much more than the big pl kits. there are more and more shops selling pl kits partially, if i ever buy a core kit i would buy them like this.

#3 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

I started 2013 with a Turquoise core kit that Santa gave me ;) and I love it! I used a LOT of it doing that year. I think when all was said & done, I still had ~160 cards leftover. Mostly 3x4's. But then, I did start using occasionally, some cards from other kits that I purchased (as I got a bit addicted to the kits, lol). So, it's very possible that I would have used them mostly up, had I stuck to the one kit.
Despite the great designs, and variety, I did get a little tired of using the same kit the whole year through. That's when I started using some random cards from other kits.
Last year, on 2peas, I did trade some partial kits to have some variety in colors & design. But I also started buying whichever kits I really liked. Mostly to do other projects/years with.
There was a lot of trading/buying/selling on 2 peas, for that stuff. And I'm sure ebay as well. Not sure where I'd feel comfortable doing transactions like that now. I think it would be fun to split kits with friends who like particular kits, but don't want a whole core kit. Goodness, there's >600 cards in a core kit, so there's plenty to share and have a good portion of a kit to use (without getting tired of it).

Robin

#4 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

Nope, never. I bought the very first CK Project 365 version -- you know, the PRE-Project Life kit. I also bought Clementine and Midnight. There are always a lot of cards I don't like. Midnight is the kit that I like the most -- I do like MOST of the cards in it, but I can't use it on its own for an entire album because the contrast is so high that it's too busy for me, plus I need other colors. So that would be a kit that I probably will eventually use most of, and even expect to buy a 2nd box soon because I mix it with other kits and supplies.

• Carol, Trrrracey and Pookiesmom like this

#5 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

Facebook has a Project Life Swap & Shop group - that's where I've bought most of my partial kits. I do sell partial kits on there as well.  :D

• janygb143, anandi, cidcm001 and 2 others like this

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#6 Niki

Niki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

I bought Amber and Clementine core kits, Holidays, Maggie Holmes flea market, and Wellington mini kits.  I have traded with others and now have partial kits of Vintage Travel, Honey and Cinnamon.  I think I would have a hard time using up an entire core kit by myself without getting bored.  But, I can also see how others might like the flow of colors throughtout their entire album. 

:) Niki

#7 mrscraftyadams

mrscraftyadams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

I buy 1/3 kits on that FB group listed above... I get bored with a whole kit. I've sold several partial kits on there as well. 

#8 mom2girls

mom2girls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

I have never finished a core kit or even a mini kit. I tend to buy too much when i'm starting something new, so i ended up with 3 mini kits, all baby girl themed. I am fine with mixing different kits, but then i realized why not just cut some of my existing paper stash into the respective size for the pockets. My different kits don't totally match anyway. With my new current system i may never buy a full core kit. I can actaully work thru my stash! Does anyone else do this with their project life?
  • Trrrracey and sunnyslane like this

#9 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

So I have the Midnight, 5th and Frolic, baby boy Mini, and a couple of theme packs. I love these so much and really purpose to use these till they're gone. Recently I bought a Mini. PL album, page protectors, and then mixed and matched a bunch of my cards, tied them up with a ribbon and gifted it for a baby shower gift.
  • JuliaK likes this
Read about my life here: http://carolynchastain.blogspot.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/carolchastain05
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cchastain374/
{Connect the Dots...Words+Photos}

#10 Carol

Carol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

I have never finished a core kit or even a mini kit. I tend to buy too much when i'm starting something new, so i ended up with 3 mini kits, all baby girl themed. I am fine with mixing different kits, but then i realized why not just cut some of my existing paper stash into the respective size for the pockets. My different kits don't totally match anyway. With my new current system i may never buy a full core kit. I can actaully work thru my stash! Does anyone else do this with their project life?

When I first started PL, I had massive amounts of patterned paper, so I just ordered design A photo pockets( all they had then) and used my patterned paper as cards, cut and corner rounded.
Read about my life here: http://carolynchastain.blogspot.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/carolchastain05
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cchastain374/
{Connect the Dots...Words+Photos}

#11 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

I just started PL this year and only have the two core kits I purchased, one for our whole family, and one for my baby. I like the cohesive feel of using one kit for a whole album. But maybe I will change my mind in a few months.

#12 TiffanyH

TiffanyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

I only have one core kit (turquoise) and love it.  I'm not exclusive to the PL brand, I'm not afraid to mix it up. I use cards I like, no matter where they come from. Since I use so cards from many different manufacturers I think it'll be a long while before I use up the entire core kit I have. This very reason is why I love the smaller card sets that PL has started carrying. Although I have a definite style, I love variety.

#13 alynnkenyon

alynnkenyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Has anyone else used a whole core kit? lol! I always find myself wanted newest thing.

#14 Kimnyy

Kimnyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

I bought 2 core whole kits and traded or sold off parts of them both. I can't use a whole core kit, I get bored with them before getting through 1/2 of it. I like to share/trade/buy 1/4 of a core kit and also use the theme packs as well.

#15 MandyMae

MandyMae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationBetween the Mississippi and the Pacific :)

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Core Kit...not even close! LOL...I thought I used a big chunk of my Blush kit, but I did a rough count and had only used about 1/3 :$  

I have an entire Blush, Cinnamon, Azure and the HSN Just Add Color Kit.  I have a few more of the mini kits as well.

I have nearly finished off several of the mini kits though.

#16 Jermangirl

Jermangirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

I've pretty much used up my whole Clementine kit - but I did a 365 gratitude journal in 2013 using Design F (1 4x6, 10 3x4 pockets). All I have left are about 30 4x6 cards...

#17 beccaf1970

beccaf1970

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

I have three core kits (Cherry, Clementine, & Blush), which is rather crazy since I don't do weekly PL spreads. I also have the Maggie Holmes mini kit. I use them mainly for travel albums, or for a few pages here and there mixed in with my traditional 12x12 layouts. I doubt I will ever finish an entire kit! I have thought about swapping cards with other PLers to get more variety without buying another entire kit. I may also sell some of the cards at my LSS's tag sale.  

#18 effie

effie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

My first kit was the Amber kit, which I MOSTLY used up. Then I HAD to have the Clementine kit which I bought just about the time I stopped doing pocket pages. So I have a LOT of that left!! I think partly I burned out on using so much of the same product together. I love the idea of the mini kits, and some of the kit clubs that have monthly PL kits to mix things up. 

#19 createsfromscraps

createsfromscraps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationValencia, CA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

The first year I did PL (2011), I used the Turquoise kit.  I used MOST of that kit because I solely used that core kit for the year.  I switched it up the following year and used the Cobalt kit as my base but also mixed in some of the pretty papers from my stash.  Needless to say, i have a bunch of Cobalt cards still left.  Then year 3 came around and my core kit collection just EXPLODED.  I had partial kits I acquired from my mom's collection plus I just had to have the Honey kit.  To add to the mix, because I'm just crazy like that, I had started subscribing to the Studio Calico PL kits.  Lo and behold, 2013 is complete through June and 2014 is all still in my head.  Core kits and subscription boxes all piled up for a nice rainy scrapbooking weekend.  (I live in California.  We haven't had rain in a really long time.  Who knows when that rainy scrapbooking weekend will come. :blink:  )

To answer the question:  I've never used up a whole core kit.  I got close once.  I may begin to use the left overs from the Turquoise kit as my grocery list cards just so that I can say I've used up one kit.

#20 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Nope! I started Project Life in 2010, when the only thing available was the core kit and using the kit and photos only, I still have a ton of cards left over. It would be SO hard to use an entire Project Life core kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users