36 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Just thought I'd share a few tips that might help you get more out of these forums:

* Flesh out your profile. Add an image. Add some details about yourself. This helps other users connect with you and increases the likelihood of people responding to your posts. You can access your profile by clicking on your username in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

* When you see a forum that you're interested in, click "Follow this forum". Once you do this, you'll receive emails when there are new posts in that forum. You can also do this for individual Topics/threads. By the way, you can adjust your notifications by (once again) clicking on your username in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then click on "Settings", then "Notifications".

* Click the "Like this" button on posts liberally. This gives other people positive feedback (which means they might post more awesome stuff for you).

* Post and comment in the gallery. This is an exciting part of the site, and you might want to take a peek at what's there.

* Lurking is totally cool (Hey, we all do it!), but don't be afraid to jump in and ask/answer questions when you're ready.

Just some thoughts. If you have more suggestions for getting more out of these forums, please feel free to post them! (They're still new to all of us!)

Do you have a suggestion or feedback about the Paperclipping Forums? Please let me know!

Instagram | User Guidelines

#2 Tiffany W

Tiffany W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

I tried to upload an image from iPad for my profile photo but it keeps saying the file is too large. Any tips on reducing the file size for the iPad?

#3 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Not sure how to do that on the iPad, but on my Mac I can use Preview to reduce the file size -- though I usually use Photoshop.

A quick Google search led me to an app for the iPad called "Simple Resize". It's free and might do the trick.

• Carol and princessofcute like this

Do you have a suggestion or feedback about the Paperclipping Forums? Please let me know!

#4 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

FYI - I got a message saying that I've reached my limit for liking posts today. I never knew there was such a thing! :)

• Izzy, lydiaink, StampingRooster and 2 others like this

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#5 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

I believe I increased the "like" limit now. :)

• GinaZee, lydiaink, StampingRooster and 10 others like this

#6 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Out of curiosity.... how do we get warning points?

• Izzy and lydiaink like this

#7 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Haha, I'm not sure how warning points work. But I think moderators and admins can give them to people who "misbehave".

I'm sure the time will come where we'll have to give some out. Then we'll all know how they work. ;)

• Carol, anandi and Ohhh_Snap like this

#8 GwynnAsbury

GwynnAsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

ah man, I was hoping there was going to be a test subject involved.  And how are you defining misbehaving?  Becuase really we have all heard PRT misbehaving happens often!

• Nikki J and BethQuiroz like this

#9 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Haha, well I suppose one example of misbehaving might be overly rude behavior and excessive surliness. Hoping everyone stays friendly and helpful. :)

• cindi and Katie Scott like this

#10 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Just have to say I love your profile pic Izzy!

• Izzy likes this

Gab

#11 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

Well, thank you. I just wish my son, Blake, had been with us that day. He's missing from the photo!

• mcscraps4 likes this

#12 gabmc

gabmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Well, thank you. I just wish my son, Blake, had been with us that day. He's missing from the photo!

Gives you an excuse for another family outing!

Gab

#13 TraceyC

TraceyC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

Okay I need help. I have tried posting a link to my blog - but I can't get the link button thingy to work. I have tried posting a link in my signature blog too and can't get that to work either.

When I click on the link think I have to put in the URL, my e-mail ...and other things I have no idea what they are...then it just sits there like it is frozen. I won't even let me cancel it. I have to close out of the forum and get back in through a new webpage.

Can you help a computer challenge girl??

Hugs

Tracey

You can find me here:

http://3obsessions.blogspot.com.au/

#14 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Hmmm... That's definitely strange. And unfortunately I don't know how to fix it. Maybe try a different web browser such as Chrome or Firefox?

#15 TraceyC

TraceyC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Okay that worked. Thanks Izzy - I changed over to Firefox and it worked like a dream. Thanks

Hugs

Tracey

You can find me here:

http://3obsessions.blogspot.com.au/

#16 loobylou

loobylou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

my avatar keep loading sideways!!! do you have any tips to prevent that? I use the same one in other forums and it has never happened before

#17 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

I don't know why it would do that. Maybe try a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome? Sorry about the trouble...

#18 lydiaink

lydiaink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBeautiful BC, Canada

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hmmm.... I just got an error message on this thread. Something about trouble saving my reputation points or something. I have a reputation already?!? :lol: ;) B)

• Ina, Bookworm and MiaScraps like this

#19 L Squared

L Squared

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for the tips Izzy, I've always just been a lurker around forums before. I'd love to hear from other people how they get the most out of forums.

• gabmc likes this

#20 Scrappy Angel

Scrappy Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBrampton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for the tips Izzy, I've always just been a lurker around forums before. I'd love to hear from other people how they get the most out of forums.

Forums can be a great resource. I've used them before when considering the purchase of a new product (asked about others experiences), when I was having trouble getting a technique to work or needing advice on finishing a project. They can also be fab sources of inspiration ( looking through the gallery) and by joining in the challenges. To get the most, you really need to join in the discussions. Just with like any other community, the more you put in the more you get back. I love that I will be part of this community from e beginning. So jump into some discussions or if you have questions, ideas, etc. start a new topic. Hope to see you around the boards!
  • Karin, Ina, vintageplaid and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)