Just thought I'd share a few tips that might help you get more out of these forums:
* Flesh out your profile. Add an image. Add some details about yourself. This helps other users connect with you and increases the likelihood of people responding to your posts. You can access your profile by clicking on your username in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
* When you see a forum that you're interested in, click "Follow this forum". Once you do this, you'll receive emails when there are new posts in that forum. You can also do this for individual Topics/threads. By the way, you can adjust your notifications by (once again) clicking on your username in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then click on "Settings", then "Notifications".
* Click the "Like this" button on posts liberally. This gives other people positive feedback (which means they might post more awesome stuff for you).
* Post and comment in the gallery. This is an exciting part of the site, and you might want to take a peek at what's there.
* Lurking is totally cool (Hey, we all do it!), but don't be afraid to jump in and ask/answer questions when you're ready.
Just some thoughts. If you have more suggestions for getting more out of these forums, please feel free to post them! (They're still new to all of us!)