Photo

What Are Your Top Favorite Tools/supplies For Stamping?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

I've never noticed a difference when I've tried a pad under my stamping. I've only done it a few times, though, and maybe I don't stamp enough to know how it normally feels to me without the pad, LOL. So I'm still on the fence about the pad idea. I really need to devote a week some time to major stamping play. This is a great thread -- thanks to everyone who has been contributing!

#42 janpfh

janpfh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSunny Arizona

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

I guess my tip to use your stamps more is to make sure that you love the stamps you have and flip through them regularly to refresh your mind as to what you have. Also you could try leaving out your fav two or three sets so they are in sight when you are "creating".

Being a little OCD, I organized my stamps by category, numbered them, and then made myself a "stamp catalog." Now I can easily flip through the pages to find inspiration or the stamp I want and go right to it. I store them all on an old CD rack, in CD cases, with the labels on the spine, and since they're numbered it's easy to put them back where they belong.

#43 Annie

Annie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

A colander! Not that I've washed clear stamps down the sink or anything....

• Inkfanatic and MiaScraps like this

#44 littletoki

littletoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

For me, it was all about finding the right ink. I used ColorBox for ages and was never happy with the results so I stopped stamping. I thought I was just a crummy stamper. But then I started using Tsukineko Dew Drops and it's like the storm clouds parted. The colors are so vibrant and juicy! And I love that I can get the little Dew Drops for just a dollar or two each (when it's on sale). They also take up way less space than full sized ink pads and allow me to have a bigger collection of colors.

#45 LizzieB

LizzieB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

I always use a foam pad under my stamps, it's has become a must for me.  I also like to use a grid acrylic block and baby wipes are always at my side.  The stamp-a-ma-jig is also a go to item constantly. 

Eliz :rolleyes:

#46 veramatson

veramatson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

I personally love Stampin' Up inks.  When they reformulated their ink pads a few years ago, the quality was greatly improved.  I also love their ultra smooth paper, but I use their inks on all kinds of cardstock with great results.

I also find that working on a sturdy table helps to get even stamping coverage.  Some tables have too much 'give' which can cause uneven image stamping.  If your table is wobbly or uneven, try stamping closer to the edge of the table where you may get a more even stamped image.

I don't do a lot of stamping techniques, so you may prefer other inks for more specific techniques.

I find that I use my stamps more often when I keep my inks, stamp pads, clear blocks for my unmounted stamps and my stamp cleaner or wet wipes nearby.  If I have to go hunt for everything I just don't use them as often.

:  )

Vera

• CindyP likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users