#1 scrappinpage

scrappinpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNorthern Wisconsin (BRRR...)

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:55 PM

My husband has a business trip to Phoenix this November and since I have never been to that area I have decided to tag along.  I am wondering if you (Izzy & Noell) or anyone else can give us some recommendations on what to see/do.  We will only have a day or two...so what are the MUST see things?  We are more outdoorsy type...hikes, scenery, etc...than museum goers but am open to whatever.

Also, I will have some time while hubby is in meetings that I can do some shopping.  Are there any good scrapbook stores in the area?

Thanks in advance!

Wendy

• janygb143 likes this
Wendy aka: scrappinpage

#2 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:01 AM

What area of Phoenix? LOTS of beautiful hikes, especially in November!! Camelback Mountain is a great (challenging, with some bouldering), and so is Squaw/Piestewa Peak, which is a little easier (both are pretty busy on weekends so maybe research online for that info). There are other really pretty hikes, but it might not be worth the drive depending on where you're staying.

There's a Frank Lloyd Wright museum in Scottsdale that my Canadian snowbird aunt says is amazing (she's taken all of her friends there)! Also lots of cool random festivals/events, depending on the weekend that you're visiting. Scrapbook Barn in Gilbert is pretty good, but it's been a while since I visited so I'm not sure if they're still good/around! I'm sure there is more, but hope that gives you a start :)
  • scrappinpage likes this

#3 scrappinpage

scrappinpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:14 AM

What area of Phoenix? LOTS of beautiful hikes, especially in November!! Camelback Mountain is a great (challenging, with some bouldering), and so is Squaw/Piestewa Peak, which is a little easier (both are pretty busy on weekends so maybe research online for that info). There are other really pretty hikes, but it might not be worth the drive depending on where you're staying.

There's a Frank Lloyd Wright museum in Scottsdale that my Canadian snowbird aunt says is amazing (she's taken all of her friends there)! Also lots of cool random festivals/events, depending on the weekend that you're visiting. Scrapbook Barn in Gilbert is pretty good, but it's been a while since I visited so I'm not sure if they're still good/around! I'm sure there is more, but hope that gives you a start :)

Thank You so much!!  I am not sure where we are staying...my hubby hasn't given me the details yet. He travels a lot for work and is currently in Utah...one trip at a time!  LOL

We will have a rental car and don't mind driving places if its worth it!  I will definitely put those places on my list of things to check out!

#4 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:54 PM

You're welcome!! If you do find out a specific area, let me know. We literally travel all over the Valley and have favorite restaurants in lots of areas :) it's a great place!!

#5 scrappinpage

scrappinpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:25 PM

We will be staying in Scottsdale area...lbut will have a car so we can drive. We will be there November 7-13. Hubby has meetings M-Th and we will have Fri & Sat to sightsee. I will venture out to look for scrappy places on T-Th and also hang out at hotel.

#6 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

We will be staying in Scottsdale area...lbut will have a car so we can drive. We will be there November 7-13. Hubby has meetings M-Th and we will have Fri & Sat to sightsee. I will venture out to look for scrappy places on T-Th and also hang out at hotel.

Well it's been a few months since you first posted. How did the trip pan out? Where did you go? What did you see?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users