6 replies to this topic

#1 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

So thanks to @anandi, I started listening to This Week in Photos - Family podcasts on my new 2-hr/day commutes! I'm listening to this one with Kirsten Lewis (http://thisweekinpho...menting-family/), who is a pro photographer who comes to your house and takes pro pics of your family from sun-up to sun-down! (This is an older episode, so I'm not actually sure if she's still for hire). What!!! This is an amazing idea! Aside from that concept, there are all kinds of little photography nuggets in here, so hope it can inspire your next WITL or DITL. Just thought I'd share!
  • anandi likes this

#2 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

I haven't gone back and listened to old episodes yet!  There's a local photographer in Seattle who does this as well.  I'd love to hire her, but she's pretty expensive (as you can imagine!) and I'm not sure I can sell my hubby on that idea anyway.

I love the podcast and have picked up SO many good ideas from it.  I'm also doing the 365 photo project with them on Flickr :)

• janygb143 likes this

#3 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:03 AM

I am so curious about the price! What do you think, like, $500? $1000? I mean, this lady said she takes 8,000-10,000 photos per session! Oh man! I take a LOT of pics, and that's about my average for a YEAR. That's a lot of time on editing! She did address the issue of dads not really wanting to do it ;)
  • anandi likes this

#4 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

I think the one I looked at was at least $1200 and that didn't include all the photos digitally - it was a photographer who offered a "print credit", which is not the way we like to go for our family photos.  The full res digital images were around that same price, so the whole thing was like $2500 or so.  Which, I understand, since it's a lot of work for an 8 hour constant shoot. But not an option for us ;D

• janygb143 likes this

#5 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:58 PM

Hm, thanks for the info! Not an option for us either, but it does sound fairly reasonable for the amount of work, during and after! I wonder if our families realize how much they're saving by us doing DITL once in a while? ;) Haha!

#6 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:31 PM

Is this more suitable for a large family event like a party or celebration of some sort ? But i believe they can capture some great angles and interactions which we aren't able to !

Pepper
http//:peppercreations.blogspot.com
Http//:Facebook.com/PepperCreationCo

P E P P E R  :D 
Facebook || Youtube
[Pepper Creations] || **NEW Instagram**

#7 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:32 PM

Oh, I'm not sure! The people I've started following/who were guests on the podcast were hired specifically to document the "every day" day, like what we do with DITL or WITL. It's fun to hear about it from a "professional" photographer's view, rather than a scrapbooker's. An interesting perspective :)  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users