18 replies to this topic

#1 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:46 PM

As we talked about in another thread, I'm retaking the Big Picture Classes Inspired Scrapbooking class with Stacy Julian. If you've previously taken the class, I'd love to have company! (I'm so sorry, but I don't think it's available any longer, if you didn't take it when it ran in 2014. If you took it in 2014, you don't have to be a subscribing member to access the old courses, you just have to make a login (your Studio Calico/Ali Edwards login will work) and the classes should be there. I can't remember if there was a code that they sent via email, but I'm sure you can ask customer service if the classes aren't showing.) 

Anyway, here's the schedule I'm following to finish the 12-subject course before the end of the year. I'm planning to re-watch the videos and read the handouts, and my goal is 1-2 layouts per topic. Here we go! 

July 31: Seasons

August 14: People

August 28: Family Stories

September 11: Inspiration

September 18: Me

(I will likely try to do WITL on my own starting Sept 25, as our schedule has changed since WITL May 2016 and I didn't do much documentation then. I'm hoping it will help give me inspiration for the next two topics!).

October 2: Everyday Life

October 16: Places

October 30: Fun 

November 13: Rituals

November 20: Things 

December 4: Personality

December 18: Holidays

• Melissa, anandi, Scrapnsee and 1 other like this

#2 nicolemann9

nicolemann9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

Sounds good! I have a few things on the go and planned, but I am going to participate along with you as much as I can! I'm looking forward to it :) 

Also, as an FYI to others, if you originally took the class at the old BPC, and it's not showing up under your username, just contact their customer service. They just had to send me a code to input, then all my old classes showed up. I think they originally sent out emails with a code like that, but I clearly didn't do it at the time... I was all fixed up within a couple hours of emailing them :) 

@janygb143 - do you have anywhere you are sharing these layouts?

• janygb143 and Melissa like this

#3 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:09 AM

@nicole, Yay!! Thanks for the info about the code. I wonder if they'll ever re-release these old awesome classes to people who didn't take it originally. That would be awesome!

I haven't thought that far ahead about sharing, lol. If I do, it will probably be on Flickr!
  • Melissa likes this

#4 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:20 PM

I've just asked about my old classes.  I can't remember if I signed up for this one or not! :)

#5 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:50 AM

Haha @anandi, hope so! It was super inexpensive, like $36 for the whole year, so maybe you snagged it just because! ;)
  • mshanhun likes this

#6 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:46 PM

I have this class!  I'm in.

• janygb143, Melissa and mshanhun like this

#7 stacyjulian

stacyjulian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLiberty Lake, WA

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

Hey girls. 

It's been a LONG time since I logged in over here. Shame on me. I'm so tickled to see that you've found access to Inspired Scrapbooking and that you might be doing it together. I'm not sure I have access, so I'll email BPC customer service and see what I need to do too -- thanks for the push!

• janygb143, Melissa, anandi and 1 other like this

#8 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

Aw, Stacy! If you end up following along with your OWN class with us, that will make my day! lol. You rock! P.S. I still owe you an email about Flickr/Pinterest. :) P.P.S. In 1 week of reviewing IS, I've had more ideas/"push" than I've had in the past 4 months. Again, you rock! 

• Melissa and nicolemann9 like this

#9 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

What a great idea to revisit. This was truly one of the best classes I've taken (and I've taken lots!) I know I can't keep pace of 12 layouts for each of the 12 months, but I can watch videos and such, right? :)

#10 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

What a great idea to revisit. This was truly one of the best classes I've taken (and I've taken lots!) I know I can't keep pace of 12 layouts for each of the 12 months, but I can watch videos and such, right? :)

Haha you could even just think about the topics for a few minutes and that would be "enough"! Happy to have you along, no matter what! :)
  • Melissa likes this

#11 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

SEASONS

Time to check in for the week! How did the Seasons topic inspire your scrapbooking?

"Seasons" was perfect timing for me, as summer winds down. We sent our first-born son to kindergarten at the beginning of August... definitely a new season! It also perfectly dove-tailed with Ali Edwards' content for August - thinking about "chapters". I tried to capture as much as I could about the transition (as well as some other big life changes), brain-dumping as much as I could in my notebook, and sometimes transferring them to actual pages. It's been a nutty two weeks, so I haven't actually finished any of the 5 multi-page layouts I've started, but at least they're in progress! I'm hoping to share them to my Flickr account eventually. What about you?  

The People topic starts tomorrow (August 14)! 

• Melissa likes this

#12 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

PEOPLE
Finishing up this topic today! Have you made any People pages lately? How are you honoring the relationships in your life? Or people who inspire you, even if you've never met?

I worked on one page about my relationship with my husband (inspired by the Love Your Spouse Challenge on Facebook) and made a page about Coldplay. We went to see them in concert and I never realized how much I really loved them until we saw them live!
  • Melissa likes this

#13 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:58 AM

We're working on Family Stories this week. What are the stories you tell over and over? Let's see how you capture them!
  • Melissa likes this

#14 bethany_jean

bethany_jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:24 AM

I just saw this, and I'm going to jump in! I loved that class but never got as much done as I wanted to. What a great idea!

• Melissa likes this

#15 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:45 AM

Yay!! Welcome along!!
  • Melissa likes this

#16 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:50 PM

FAMILY STORIES
For this topic, I made a lot of pages about family heirlooms- the car that my dad bought for my grandparents, the kitchen table that made it through 3 generations, and the story of our family vacation spot. They weren't ancestral stories, but I think they're still meaningful and worth telling!

Next week, we look at Inspiration! What inspires you?
  • Melissa likes this

#17 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:19 AM

INSPIRATION
Did you tell any "inspired" stories this week? What did you do to "live inspired", like Tracie Claiborne says?

Most of the pages I did this week were based on song lyrics, because they either told a story really well (like Coldplay's "Everglow", which really describes how I feel about missing my dad and grandma, and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros' "Home is Wherever I'm with you", which inspired a page about spending time with my family). I made time to go to Scrapbook Expo and feel the craftiness in person. I also scraplifted jermangirl and have been really inspired by anandirc's latest layouts! Yay for scrapbookers inspiring other scrapbookers :)

Our topic for the next two weeks is "ME" which serendipitously coincides with Ali Edwards' newest Story Kit! Time to tell your own story :)
  • Melissa likes this

#18 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

How did the "Me" and "Everyday Life" topics go for you? I don't think I actually made any pages for either topic, but I did do a WITL on my own (I did an abbreviated version in May so I thought now was a good time to record an in-depth view of 2016) and I want to do something with all that data I collected! I took pictures of all the rooms and closets in my house, and the contents of my purse, so those are pages waiting to be started.

This week, we're looking at PLACES... where do you live? Where do you go every week? Try to document one place that you really love!
  • Laura and Melissa like this

#19 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

What PLACES did you document recently? I worked on a 2-pg 12x12 spread about our current house; not sure if I'll add much journaling or just label the pictures with the name of the room. I also brainstormed ideas for a page about my childhood home and "our" Costco, and made a layout about a favorite trip to the beach.

Coming up: FUN! Have some fun and then go make some fun pages!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users