#1 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:36 AM

I'm on an email list for hobbyist photographers at my work, and one guy posted his "photo essay" of his trip to Wyoming and Montana.  He's primarily a landscape photographer, so I expected just a bunch of lovely photos, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how he put this together using stories, quotes, and his personal thoughts.  It's not scrapbooking per se, but a really neat way to capture the memory of a trip and showcase some great photos.

https://medium.com/@...caa5#.cz9nx23uo

I just found it inspiring to see the other ways people can do memory keeping.

• janygb143, Melissa and nicolemann9 like this

#2 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

This is very cool. Thanks for sharing. The photos were breathtaking and made me want to be where the photographer was.

• anandi likes this

#3 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:06 PM

Gorgeous photos! Montana has been on my bucket list for awhile. My stepdad did his Ph.D. in Missoula. So pretty. I'd like to ride a horse across the gently rolling land. I hope this guy prints out the memory keeping version of his trip. Thanks for sharing Anandi.
  • janygb143, Melissa and anandi like this

#4 nicolemann9

nicolemann9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:20 AM

Thank you for sharing this! The photography was gorgeous, and like you said, made even more impactful by the words and quotes he chose to use. It's also a good reminder that if you're feeling overwhelmed by projects, something simple like this, maybe turned into a photobook, can also be a beautiful way to document. :) 

• janygb143, Melissa and anandi like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vacation, photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users