10 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

According to my records, today is the two year anniversary for when we launched the forums here on Paperclipping.com.

A big "thank you" to everyone who reads and participates in the community. As of now, it looks like we've had 19,955 posts from 1,433 forum members.

Now the big question is "What's next?"

I know many people are part of Facebook groups/communities and that meets many of the needs you might have from a community. Do these forums here on Paperclipping need to continue? I'm not sure how much value they bring when they're sort of quiet. If we should continue them, how can we make them become more active?

Thanks!

• janygb143 likes this

Do you have a suggestion or feedback about the Paperclipping Forums? Please let me know!

Instagram | User Guidelines

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:50 PM

Happy anniversary!

I belong to a few scrapbooking groups on Facebook in addition to being a member here. I find the way Facebook orders the posts in the groups to be confusing, for some reason. Plus, sometimes I'm just checking into fb quickly for something, and then I gloss over my group notifications. I'm sure there's a fix for that, but these are the reasons I prefer the old-fashioned message board for these sorts of things.

How to increase activity?  Hmmm. There was some talk of challenges, so that's a possibility, I guess. Or a "question of the week" type thing? I know I still check in here every couple of days to see what's new, but there's often nothing new. I'd like it to be more active, too.

• janygb143, Melissa and MiaScraps like this

#3 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:14 AM

Congratulations! Two years already, wow!

I actually prefer separate forums to Facebook groups because my feed becomes really crowded on FB. I check here often, even have it as a link on my Bookmarks Bar for easy access. I'm not sure why it's been so quiet. I know that there are comments on each post for each PRT episode, but maybe a thread here to discuss the topic of each episode would generate conversation? Maybe also a thread for each Paperclipping video?

I used to post Picks of the Week and then Picks of the Month threads, but they weren't getting much response, so I quit doing it.

I've really enjoyed this forum. Another thing that's different from the Facebook groups I've joined is that there is more connection with members here, at least for me. It feels a lot more like actual community here than it does on any of the FB groups I've joined. I've been sad to see it go so quiet, and I'd like to help generate activity, if I can.

• janygb143, mshanhun and MiaScraps like this

#4 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

Really appreciate the interest in helping. Noell and I are shooting another Paperclipping video today (I believe). Between segments, we'll talk about these forums and ways that we might make them better.

I like the idea of challenges and discussing videos and Roundtable episodes here.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas! :)

• Pepper, janygb143 and Melissa like this

Do you have a suggestion or feedback about the Paperclipping Forums? Please let me know!

#5 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:29 AM

I belong to a few FB groups, but I still check in here every day! I'm in Ali Edwards' class/Craft the Story and Cathy Zielske's group. There are things that I wouldn't go there to inquire about, just because I want to respect their brands and keep it focused on their specific products/classes. I really appreciate having the Paperclipping forums as a neutral place to ask questions! And there's so much info stored here; I reference old threads sometimes.

I think that part of my difficulty in contributing to message boards recently is that I've been taking a break from making layouts to catch up on boring stuff like sorting pictures and memorabilia. Thanks to the KonMari episode of PRT, I haven't purchased any supplies in several months!
  • Izzy, Melissa, MiaScraps and 1 other like this

#6 nicolemann9

nicolemann9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

I agree with @janygb143, I like this forum since it is neutral, and you can freely talk about all different companies, brands, etc. I am a part of a few FB groups, but they can get overwhelming at times... plus, I then get sucked into the whole Facebook thing and end up wasting a ton of time  :mellow: And I agree with Melissa that this has more of a 'community' feel to it. 

I'm not sure how to inject a bit more life into these boards... but I know for myself, I come here to read often, but don't post that much - I will definitely start making an effort to post more, as I don't want these forums to go away! :) I also like the 'question of the week' idea, or discussing Roundtable episodes.

• Izzy, janygb143, Melissa and 1 other like this

#7 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

Some really great feedback in this thread!

• Melissa likes this

#8 Robin Sparkles

Robin Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationManito, IL

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

I belong to a facebook group and I feel that there's more in-depth conversation here. I also tend to miss things on the facebook group and tend to agree with what the others have said about the differences between FB groups and a forum. I still check in every few days to see what's going on here. I try and contribute and have popped in a few times to ask a questions. I think the summer months are hard because everyone is busy doing other things besides scrapbooking. My life is consumed by baseball in May and June and I have a rather large garden that takes lots of attention during the warmer months.

I think it might be a good idea to also make a post about the current PRT topic or video topic. I realize people also post comments on the threat on the main site but, to be honest, I never think to look over there.

I enjoy our little space here. I LOVE that it's drama-free :) Keep up the good work!

• Izzy, janygb143, Melissa and 1 other like this

#9 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:46 PM

I think that part of it is probably due to less PRTs so Paperclipping isn't top of mind.

I have 3 scrappy forums in Tapatalk (2peas refugees and Get it Scrapped are the others) and 3 digi store forums (I rarely participate there though)

I must be in 10 scrappy FB groups though! I read some of what goes on and sometime participate.

But I read every post here and at GIS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Izzy, janygb143 and MiaScraps like this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#10 scrappinpage

scrappinpage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNorthern Wisconsin (BRRR...)

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

I agree with the others that I MUCH prefer this format to a Facebook group! That being said, I tend to not get here as often since all of my other groups and communities have switched over to using Facebook. Sometimes I only have time to check one place and Facebook is easier and quicker on my phone than here.
  • Izzy and janygb143 like this
Wendy aka: scrappinpage

#11 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

Oh! Happy Forum Anniversary! I can't believe it's been two years. Amen to all the comments posted. The members here are awesome! I have a ton of questions I could post. I always have questions or things to talk about. But I need a little response to keep it up. I can not do FB. There is no way I could keep up. I should be able to participate more often now on the forum here. I've improved a lot since the initial vertigo attack last November. I won't be able to commit to challenges right now but I can still talk! Hahaha
  • Izzy, janygb143 and Melissa like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users