• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

Have you found the phrase, "You're my favorite," on many of your products? I have a lot of products with this phrase. It might be fun to use if I had a single child. But since I have three, that phrase is just not going to cut it. 

I could use it on a story with Izzy, or with my favorite tea, for example, but it feels forced and the colors or designs don't often work with when I'm doing a story on which I could force that phrase.

What have you done with these products?

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

I always tell my boys, "You're my favorite <blank> year-old." Of course the blank is filled in with their current age, and changes each year. I don't think I have any products with that on it, but if I did, I'd likely add that "<blank> year-old to the product for a layout of one of my boys.

• Noell, Pepper, mshanhun and 2 others like this

#3 Krystal K

Krystal K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

A picture of the family eating fro yo or ice cream and the journaling documents what their fav is at this time

#4 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:14 AM

don't get me started on that one! Plus favourite is spelt (see what I did there?) differently here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Noell and MiaScraps like this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#5 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:15 AM

I always tell my boys, "You're my favorite <blank> year-old." Of course the blank is filled in with their current age, and changes each year. I don't think I have any products with that on it, but if I did, I'd likely add that "<blank> year-old to the product for a layout of one of my boys.

Creative idea! I have two of each so even my favourite boy/girl doesn't work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Noell likes this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#6 Erica Hettwer

Erica Hettwer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCanby, OR

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

You could do your favorite home, car, book, movie, pet, color, vacation spot, outfit, etc.

I have two heathens, one boy and one girl, so I could say favorite son or daughter and be okay. But I like to celebrate their relationship so I just have pictures of the two of them and say you are my favorite and why I love the two of them together. Or, Mitchell is my favorite baseball player, Audrey is my favorite soccer play, and so on. :)

I'd also like to do a layout about Andrew being my favorite husband...just to keep him on his toes!  :lol:

• Noell, janygb143, anandi and 1 other like this

#7 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

I say this all the time! Depends on whom I'm speaking to. I haven't used it on a layout yet. That would make a good funny page.
  • Noell likes this

#8 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:57 PM

Noell, I must have some of these products buried somewhere but like the Aussies, we Canadians also spell it favourite so I'm not likely to use those phrases. I noticed recently where product is going out with a few spellings to keep everyone happy. Yay!
  • Noell and nicolemann9 like this

#9 Crayolaswap

Crayolaswap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

You could use it with pictures of your kid among others, like at a talent show or dance competition or whatever and write why they are your favorite whatever. Like for Trinity... "You are my favorite dancer...." And then tell what you love about her as a dancer. You know, something that child excels at that the others don't even do so the comparison isn't between your children. Or you could put a "you are my favorite" sticker under a photo of each child all on one layout and write about your favorite things about them that make them each unique, to emphasize that you love them all but you appreciate their unique qualities. Or you could do a funny photo shoot, if one of your family members is hooked on something. Like that girl in Despicable Me hugging her unicorn, but, say, your son hugging his copic markers with a look of bliss on his face, or Izzy hugging some video device. (Just from the things you've said about your family on podcasts.... Insert actual favorites.)

• Noell, Laura, janygb143 and 2 others like this

#10 anandi

anandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Locationjust outside Seattle, WA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

I have the same trouble with 'Best Day Ever' - I have a ridiculous number of things that say this, and really, if it's the BEST DAY EVER, shouldn't there just be one? :)  I mostly give the 'favorite' and 'best day ever' and any other phrases I would never use (like 'insta-whatever') to my girls for their crafts.  They don't seem to mind as much as I do :)

• janygb143 and Melissa like this

#11 nicolemann9

nicolemann9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

I agree with the "Best Day Ever" thing Anandi! Sometimes I feel like I take scrap supplies too literally because I find unless a saying/phrase fits my page/the situation I'm scrapping exactly, I have trouble using products! Ha! Yet, if I saw someone else's page with a bunch of stuff that wasn't literal to the page, I don't think I would even notice or think twice... Something I need to get over, because there are only so many products that will fit exactly what you are scrapping.

• Melissa and anandi like this

#12 Crayolaswap

Crayolaswap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

I agree with the best day ever stuff! I even think "well if I put that on the story of my son's birth, my daughter will be jealous", or vice versa.

• anandi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users