4 replies to this topic

#1 missnicky

missnicky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Nicky. I am from Adelaide, South Australia and am fairly new to all things PRT (sorry, better late than never!). I have been scrapbooking for around 7 years and since then have also branched out to card making, Project 52, ICAD, playing cards, art journaling, mini albums, off the page and a little project life but have to admit that PL just isn't my thing so have given that one up altogether.

I started scrapbooking as I was intrigued by the idea of documenting our family and making photos pretty. My sister is one of those "all in" type of persons who will like the idea of something, go out and buy all the supplies to put it all together then she will lose interest within a few weeks/months and it will sit in her house gathering dust. So when I became intrigued with the idea of scrapbooking she mentioned she had all the stuff so I lent it from her and instantly fell in love with it. When I went to return her stuff a few weeks later she was like "meh, just keep it as I won't use it again". I decided from that point that I would go to classes to learn about this scrapbooking thing and haven't stopped since. What started out as a bag full of paper and embellishments used on the desk in the spare room has now grown into a whole room of supplies that I call my Scraptopia! Just this weekend that passed I completed a 3 weekend project of Konmari'ing the whole room so I will post photos to the gallery as soon as I have taken some.

I came across PRT around 2 months ago via a facebook post where the poster asked what podcasts people listened to. Although I was aware of what podcasts were I had no idea that there were scrapbooking related podcasts so I dove right in and have been cramming them all into my day as much as possible since whether it be via usb in the car, at work or on my phone when I'm walking. Izzy, I think you are fabulous and love the special touch that you add to the show. I love all the panel members and think Noell is such a great host. Thanks so much guys for allowing me to add crafty chat into my every day - I have found my tribe!

Nicky xo

• Izzy, Noell and janygb143 like this

#2 Izzy

Izzy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 418 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

What a great introduction! So glad to have you part of the community. Welcome! :)

• janygb143 and missnicky like this

Do you have a suggestion or feedback about the Paperclipping Forums? Please let me know!

Instagram | User Guidelines

#3 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

Welcome, Nicky! So nice to hear from you and thank you for your introduction. Reading your Newbie Scrapbooker story (what a lucky girl to get handed a bag of brand new supplies!) made me nostalgic for when I first discovered it, myself, and how wonderful and amazing it all was to me. How fun to go back in time via your story.

Hope to hear more from you in the future! You'll have to look for your fellow Aussie, @mshanhun, who is usually around here in the forum, too.

• janygb143 and missnicky like this

#4 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

Hi Nicky!!

:) thanks Noell! :) I usually try to check in here every couple of days to chat Scrapbooking! :)

Lovely to have a fellow Aussie in here. I'm from Perth and I mostly digi scrap, but I also do card making and project life for my memorabilia so I've got a foot in both camps!! :)

I'm so happy you found PRT!! It's my favourite scrappy podcast :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Izzy, janygb143 and missnicky like this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#5 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

Welcome!!! Great story. Yay for Paperclipping!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users