14 replies to this topic

#1 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:33 AM

What memory-keeping things have you worked on recently or have in mind for the summer? Especially with (inter)National Scrapbook Day coming this weekend!

I'm working on an annual self-imposed LOAD challenge for May, perpetually doing photo triage, and planning (a very simplified) WITL next week. For iNSD, I'm just hoping to check out the sales/freebies and plan some pages. My overall summer goal is to catch up on some neglected albums from past years. Oh, and make some new memories to add to PL :)

What about you? Let's hear it!
  • Melissa likes this

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:47 PM

I always make a very ambitious list for summer scrapping. This year it's to finish 2014 and scrap at least one family vacation. Plus keep up with my PL. Hoping for cold and rainy all summer so I don't get distracted and go outside!

• janygb143 likes this

#3 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

I am keeping up with Project Life! I have made it my goal for this year to complete my weekly spreads every Sunday. So far, so good!

• Noell and janygb143 like this

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#4 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:49 AM

I've been moving from one city to another in Michigan the past few months, so my paper-crafting has been kinda lean, though I have been able to attend a few crops at the local store. We're finally moved, for the most part, and the last few days, I've been attending the MegaMeet event, a scrapbooking expo with lots of classes and shopping, with my scrapping friends. I'm hoping to get "caught up" in the months to come. I know that scrapbookers don't technically ever get totally caught up, but I'm shifting focus to the past, rather than trying to keep up with current scrapbooking, which means both my weddings, the trip to Florida in 2014, other trips, my childhood, and of course, finishing--for the love of all that is good and pure--Journal Your Christmas, 2015.

That's a lot! I better make it a really productive scrapbooking summer! :D

• janygb143 likes this

#5 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:47 AM

I am doing LOAD and trying to fit in WITL 15 & 16 and Dec Daily 15 into the prompts when I can!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • janygb143 likes this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#6 Chunka

Chunka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:16 AM

I'm just putting the finishing touches to an altered matchbox - my weakness. I've been using the Project Life app to create quick layouts on the bus to work and I've got plans for a new paper layout. There are just never enough crafty hours in the day.
  • janygb143 likes this

#7 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

I've been fighting with visual vertigo. So frustrating. I do well with walking outdoors so I've been training for a few months now for a 10K this Sunday! Wish me luck! For iNSD I was able to complete three layouts. WooHoo for me! Big thing on my to do list is to purge. Yes, I didn't think the day would come where I would let go of stuff but it has. It's a slow process. Hope to have some stuff ready to sell at the swap n'shop this summer. Oh, and I signed up for SCT first online class. I needed that like a hole in my head. Oh wait, I already have a hole in my head! It's called vertigo. Geesh. And my neighbour is teaching me crochet. Like a need a new hobby! Haha. We are both coping with broken brains so it's nice to commiserate together.
  • janygb143 and Melissa like this

#8 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

I've been focusing on three main story types for the past month or so and will continue with two of them for at least an additional month or two:

1) My life in the Philippines (this is the one I might put down for a bit again now).

2) My son college-bound son's high school experience + graduation.

3) My own personal stories -- scrapbooking about my self.

Each of these has their own albums. I think in a month or so I'll be ready to put my focus on other stories, but for now this is where I'm at.

#9 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

I've been fighting with visual vertigo. So frustrating. I do well with walking outdoors so I've been training for a few months now for a 10K this Sunday! Wish me luck! For iNSD I was able to complete three layouts. WooHoo for me! Big thing on my to do list is to purge. Yes, I didn't think the day would come where I would let go of stuff but it has. It's a slow process. Hope to have some stuff ready to sell at the swap n'shop this summer. Oh, and I signed up for SCT first online class. I needed that like a hole in my head. Oh wait, I already have a hole in my head! It's called vertigo. Geesh. And my neighbour is teaching me crochet. Like a need a new hobby! Haha. We are both coping with broken brains so it's nice to commiserate together.

How'd the 10K go?

#10 nicolemann9

nicolemann9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:47 AM

Lately I've been working on trying to finish up a few projects I have on the go - specifically my Day in the Life and Week in the Life albums from earlier this year. I've hit a bit of a wall motivation-wise on my WITL album, and have moved onto my DITL one. I'm loving putting that one together right now. I am doing it in a 4x6 Simple Stories album, and am finding that I LOVE that size for a small project like that. 

I've also started practicing brush lettering again recently, and am enjoying that. I find it super relaxing, and kind of addictive! haha.

#11 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:55 AM

I've also started practicing brush lettering again recently, and am enjoying that. I find it super relaxing, and kind of addictive! haha.

I've just begun to learn that from a class Jen Schow offers on her website. I have been trying to do a set of practice sheets once a day, but that's as far as I've gotten so far. I want to be able to do titles on my pages in brush script.

#12 nicolemann9

nicolemann9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

I've just begun to learn that from a class Jen Schow offers on her website. I have been trying to do a set of practice sheets once a day, but that's as far as I've gotten so far. I want to be able to do titles on my pages in brush script.

Oooh, I'll have to check out her class! I love her handlettering I've seen on some of her layouts! You should also check out Random Olive. She has a great traceable practice guide you can purchase that has all the letters, uppercase and lowercase, plus numbers. She also does a monthly challenge, and sells traceable practice guides for those as well. I love having the traceables, then practicing on my own. I find it definitely helps with the muscle memory, and being able to practice how different letters 'flow' together.

• Melissa likes this

#13 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

Oooh, I'll have to check out her class! I love her handlettering I've seen on some of her layouts! You should also check out Random Olive. She has a great traceable practice guide you can purchase that has all the letters, uppercase and lowercase, plus numbers. She also does a monthly challenge, and sells traceable practice guides for those as well. I love having the traceables, then practicing on my own. I find it definitely helps with the muscle memory, and being able to practice how different letters 'flow' together.

Thank you! I will definitely check that out!

#14 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

How'd the 10K go?

Melissa, it was grrreeaat! It was a scorcher of a day. I was so happy to see people out on their front lawns with water hoses. I'm looking forward to doing this again. In the fall, when it is cooler.
  • Melissa likes this

#15 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:06 AM

Melissa, it was grrreeaat! It was a scorcher of a day. I was so happy to see people out on their front lawns with water hoses. I'm looking forward to doing this again. In the fall, when it is cooler.

That's AWESOME! I tend to avoid doing anything outdoorsy until fall, myself. Our Michigan summer has been hotter than usual so far, and I do not like it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users