No replies to this topic

#1 Crayolaswap

Crayolaswap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

There was a suggestion about a show on mental health issues. What about one on physical health issues? I think there may have been an episode about children with special needs a long while back, unless it was a different podcast I'm thinking of, which was interesting when it came to things like privacy, being positive, etc. What I'm thinking of is maybe the chronic or life changing health things that really affect people long term. Examples are photos I have of my daughter as a toddler when she had a respiratory infection that caused her to need a nebulizer for a long time and to later develop asthma. I have a few shots of her sitting in her high chair or with one of us with the fish shaped nebulizer mask on her face and have documented that part of her life because it was  such a huge part of our routine. More recently, my son was born and had two nicu stays, and now he has food allergies These are definitely parts of their stories that become a part of the daily routine and that I want to record. I think it will be interesting to them as they get older. In our case, it's nothing extremely traumatic, but I know there are a lot of people who have pictures of family members undergoing things like cancer treatment, etc. I'd like to hear how others approach these types of layouts, what kind of journaling they do, whether they prefer to tackle it as they go through it or, in the case of things that are cured or outgrown, if they wait until time has passed, etc.

• mshanhun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users