4 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

I think this is the right forum for posting this request for recommendations.

Does anybody know of a good iPhone app that uses the phone, essentially, as a scanner? I know that I can just take pictures of photos, but I thought I heard/read that there are apps with technology that makes that process easier/more efficient. I do have a scanner, but its software interface is not user friendly, and it takes FOREVER.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  :D

#2 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:21 AM

I use ScannerPro. I think it's a $5 app, so a little on the pricier side as far as apps go, but I have loved it. It has a new version just released. I have yet to upgrade, but depending on the features, I might.

It corrects the skew, uploads your "scans" to dropbox and lets you chose b/w, greyscale or color depending on the type of document. I use it for memorabilia, contracts or paperwork I want to save, kids artwork and more.

• Melissa likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#3 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:45 PM

I haven't tried it, but the latest episode of PRT mentioned the Scannable app (by the makers of Evernote). Might be worth a look, too!

Has anyone found that the quality is lacking on iPhone "scans" compared to a flatbed? Just curious :) my phone is terrible compared to say, an SLR, so I'm wondering if I'll be disappointed with scans, too.
  • Melissa and mshanhun like this

#4 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:46 PM

Wendy, can ScannerPro detect multiple docs on one shot?

#5 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

You know, I don't think so, unless it's a new feature. But if you have multiple images in the shot, you can choose which one to crop to as you go. You can save multiple "scans" to one PDF file though, which is handy.

I always do each one by itself though since the closer you are, the better the quality.

And, I do agree it's not as good as scanner quality, but for my purposes, it's almost always "good enough." It's funny what I will spend extra time and effort on in the name of quality, and what I'm just willing to say "good enough" to. But scanning ephemera... almost always "good enough!"

• janygb143 likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users