#1 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:00 AM

It's over. Boo hoo. Mom and I had great fun speculating on the drama as it unfolded. It ended well. Julian Fellows redeemed himself for Season 3.
  • Melissa likes this

#2 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

I will have to watch it. I do not recommend, however, the most recent season of House of Cards.

#3 Maplestock

Maplestock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, CANADA

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

I am dying to talk about Downton Abbey but not ready yet. My hubby and daughter and I have binge watched the first 5 seasons in the last few weeks and we are on the wait list at the library for season 6 - the last! I have had to avoid any and all possible spoilers so, once we are done the whole series then I will come back here and discuss it. We have thoroughly enjoyed it so far and can't figure out how it will wrap up.

#4 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

Meanwhile in Australia.... We are still waiting to start the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#5 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

I will have to watch it. I do not recommend, however, the most recent season of House of Cards.

Why? I'm just in the middle of Season 3. So far so good.

#6 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

Meanwhile in Australia.... We are still waiting to start the season

Why the rolling roll out? Doesn't make sense. And now that is over what did you think?

#7 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

I am dying to talk about Downton Abbey but not ready yet. My hubby and daughter and I have binge watched the first 5 seasons in the last few weeks and we are on the wait list at the library for season 6 - the last! I have had to avoid any and all possible spoilers so, once we are done the whole series then I will come back here and discuss it. We have thoroughly enjoyed it so far and can't figure out how it will wrap up.

Have you had a chance to watch the last season? What were your thoughts?

#8 Melissa

Melissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:22 AM

Why? I'm just in the middle of Season 3. So far so good.

I guess I don't like evil winning out every time. I want to see Frank and his wife have some consequences. Their continuing to triumph, no matter what awful things they do, has started to bore me.

#9 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:21 AM

I guess I don't like evil winning out every time. I want to see Frank and his wife have some consequences. Their continuing to triumph, no matter what awful things they do, has started to bore me.

Yes, that makes sense. I've kind of dropped it for the time being. I'm watching Grace and Frankie.
  • Melissa likes this

#10 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

Why the rolling roll out? Doesn't make sense. And now that is over what did you think?

Who knows!! We always get shows ages after the US/UK. Except for Dr Who and some things that are "fast-tracked" from the US

I will admit I didn't remember to record it so I've now got to wait for it to come to Netflix (it's was on too late - 9pm start). That will not be before August!! Ha!

We are used to it. I remember when Heath Ledger died, his Batman movie was a synchronised release world wide (2009?) and we were so excited to be getting a movie at the same time as the US.

Nowadays that's much more common though

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#11 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

Who knows!! We always get shows ages after the US/UK. Except for Dr Who and some things that are "fast-tracked" from the US
I will admit I didn't remember to record it so I've now got to wait for it to come to Netflix (it's was on too late - 9pm start). That will not be before August!! Ha!
We are used to it. I remember when Heath Ledger died, his Batman movie was a synchronised release world wide (2009?) and we were so excited to be getting a movie at the same time as the US.
Nowadays that's much more common though

In Canada we could watch season 6 in January, after the UK and at the same time as the US. We could not purchase the DVD until February. The world is getting smaller with new technology. There will be a day when we all get everything at the same time. And probably a day when DVDs will be obsolete. We will have access to everything if we chose to. Enjoy it when it shows up on Netflix. I loved the series.

#12 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:33 PM

Wow, I had no idea about this! Sorry you have to wait for all these shows, guess I take it for granted that we get instant-access to new stuff in the U.S. And sometimes we gripe that we have to wait for a west-coast feed lol
  • mshanhun likes this

#13 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:40 AM

Wow, I had no idea about this! Sorry you have to wait for all these shows, guess I take it for granted that we get instant-access to new stuff in the U.S. And sometimes we gripe that we have to wait for a west-coast feed lol

Ha! It's not quite as bad as it used to be. We learn to be patient over here in Perth (the T'othersiders joke WA stands for Wait Awhile)

• janygb143 and MiaScraps like this

#14 Maplestock

Maplestock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, CANADA

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

Just finally getting back to this but I did get the final season and enjoyed the whole series. It is definitely one that I would watch again so I may buy it for my library. I'd be willing to bet it will show up as a boxed set at Costco this Christmas season.

Julian Fellowes wrapped up the series with a neat little bow which I suppose is better than leaving unanswered questions. I wish the cast would agree to do one episode every Christmas - wouldn't that be fun?! Not likely, but a nice thought.

We have moved on to another British tv series now called Doc Martin. Has anyone seen it? We are on season 4 and liking it too. Comments? Opinions?
  • Melissa likes this

#15 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:41 PM

Julian Fellowes wrapped up the series with a neat little bow which I suppose is better than leaving unanswered questions. I wish the cast would agree to do one episode every Christmas - wouldn't that be fun.

We have moved on to another British tv series now called Doc Martin. Has anyone seen it? We are on season 4 and liking it too. Comments? Opinions?

An annual reunion would be a treat but not very likely as you said.

I haven't followed the Doc Martin series. I got wrapped up in a bunch of series on Netflix and to Mr. Selfridge and Call the Midwives. I'll keep an eye out for Doc Martin. I think the UK Baking Show is coming back soon too. We like that one.

#16 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

I can't believe they got lucky all the way to the end of Series 3! I haven't finished it yet. Got trapped in something else. But yes it does surprise me that they are still going strong. I thought for sure they would be outed! I'll have to watch now.

#17 jstblondie

jstblondie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

I've watched episodes here and there. I like it but for some reason or another I didn't continue. If it's on Netflix I'll start from scratch. I hear it's very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users