• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Niki

Miss Niki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

Has anyone using the Project Life App been successful in accessing photos on an external hard drive? I'm wondering which app you have used to access the files on the hard drive to then move them onto the iPad for use in the Project Life app.  Thanks!

#2 TiffLB

TiffLB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDover, NH

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:07 AM

I usually go onto my computer and transfer the pictures I want to use from my EHD to cloud storage - Dropbox or Flickr. Then I can access them on my iPad or iPhone and use them in the Project Life app. That requires me to plan ahead, though. :) If I forget to do it ahead of time, I use one other app - Splashtop - which lets me remotely connect to my home computer from my iPad and I can then transfer the pics I want to use to Dropbox from my EHD.

#3 Miss Niki

Miss Niki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

Thanks. That's just so many steps. I find that it takes a significant amount of time to transfer to Dropbox and then there's the limited storage problem. I am wanting to scrap a large number of pictures in a hurry and have them be the size I need. My plan was to then cut up the 12x12s and put them in the corresponding pocket pages. I think I just need to watch some youtube videos and look at more ProjectLife pages to really sell the idea for me. I have a difficult time seeing how this simplifies the process for me. If the photos are already taken on my iphone then perhaps it does make scrapping simpler but I use my Canon Rebel for events.

Thanks for your tips! I too have a storage system on myCloud put can't figure out how to get it to let me access the photos to pull them over to the iPad. That would be super if I could do that!

#4 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:36 PM

Do you have Lightroom per chance? I use Lightroom to create my pocket page collages because I have all my photos from my DSLR in Lightroom. I drag and drop pictures into the collage and export to JPG, 12x12. 

Here's an article I wrote comparing the two.

https://thedailydigi...fe-app-showdown

If you want to see my video showing the Lightroom templates in action, let me know.

http://shop.scrapboo...ockets-A-L.html

• janygb143 likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users