#1 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:31 PM

The other day I went into the PC to print out photos for the February challenge in the forum. I could not locate them in the My Pictures section. I went thru all my folders to check whether or not I had moved a folder inside of another folder. Nada. Zip. Zero. I have almost 25,000 photos on the PC so this took a ton of time to do. I took the opportunity to delete some useless stuff that used over a GB of space! Yay! However, I was cringing inside at the thought of loosing precious photos. About 3/4 of the way through in my search I remember seeing them in the Photoshop Elements Organizer but I kept going. When I came up empty in the search I brought up PSE Organizer and sure enough the pictures were there.

Now, not being knowledgeable with the ins and outs of PSE I am perplexed on what went wrong. Would anyone be able to assist me with this situation?

I was able to print the photos from PSE Organizer thankfully. Although, I did not have control on positioning the picture on the paper prior to printing.

Also, is there any way of getting those photos back into the My Pictures folders?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:03 PM

Contact Melissa Shanhun at digitalscrapbookinghq.com She know PSE inside and out.

• mshanhun likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#3 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

Thank you Wendy. I'm hoping Melissa sees this. I probably should have put PSE question in the title.
  • mshanhun likes this

#4 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:35 PM

If you right-click on the pics in Organizer, does it give you an option to "Show in Windows Explorer" or show the folder that the picture's actually in? Or maybe that option is in another menu?
  • mshanhun likes this

#5 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

If you right-click on the pics in Organizer, does it give you an option to "Show in Windows Explorer" or show the folder that the picture's actually in? Or maybe that option is in another menu?

Yes! Depending on the version to could be slightly different :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#6 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:28 AM

Thanks. I will try this and let you know.

#7 lezleeptmom

lezleeptmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

But a word of warning on PSE. Now that you have it actively slurping up and seeking photos, HEAVEN HELP YOU if you MOVE a photo WITHOUT doing it through PSE! It will think the photo is forever "lost" and try its best to "reconnect" it. If you accidentally do this with say a folder or two before you realize the error of your way - plan on tons of time REconnecting each - and every - photo. ugh.

It's a GREAT program for organizing! That was predominantly what I used it for. But it's also VERY touchy about its job. ;-)

Lezlee

#8 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

Yay! Finally turned on the PC. And found the photos. I guess I didn't look hard enough the first time. In PSE Organizer I right clicked on one of the photos and then clicked on Properties. It showed the folder the photo was in! Yay! 2015 January. Only about 1.5 years from where the photos should have been. Phew! Glad I found those. Thanks everyone for the help.
  • janygb143 and mshanhun like this

#9 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

But a word of warning on PSE. Now that you have it actively slurping up and seeking photos, HEAVEN HELP YOU if you MOVE a photo WITHOUT doing it through PSE! It will think the photo is forever "lost" and try its best to "reconnect" it. If you accidentally do this with say a folder or two before you realize the error of your way - plan on tons of time REconnecting each - and every - photo. ugh.

It's a GREAT program for organizing! That was predominantly what I used it for. But it's also VERY touchy about its job. ;-)

Lezlee

Ugh! I don't even want to think about this right now. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure I have this nightmare. Not going to look.
  • janygb143 likes this

#10 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:20 PM

Yay! Finally turned on the PC. And found the photos. I guess I didn't look hard enough the first time. In PSE Organizer I right clicked on one of the photos and then clicked on Properties. It showed the folder the photo was in! Yay! 2015 January. Only about 1.5 years from where the photos should have been. Phew! Glad I found those. Thanks everyone for the help.

Check the date on your camera, sometimes if your internal clock resets it pulls them in incorrectly

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#11 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:23 PM

Lezlee

What version are you using? It should only ask once per folder, if you are browsing and find a disconnected file, just reconnect it in the catalogue view (not via file - reconnect, just when you are scrolling through) and it will reconnect all the files in the folder in the background.

But...
If it somehow re-imports the photos from the new location then you will have some fun! Ugh!!

Ps the reconnect system is one thing Adobe is constantly working on! It can be time consuming if it doesn't work correctly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users