#1 paperkake

paperkake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

Hello everyone,

I am so excited about this recipe challenge- I don’t know about you but for me I often spend more time choosing papers, deciding what embellishment to use and so on…then I do actually putting my layout together!!

That is why I love a good recipe challenge! A recipe can help narrow down all the possibilities in your stash to a few specific items and really help you get a jumpstart on your scrappy fun. I find this to be especially helpful when I am short on time and just want to get going or if I have no mojo and could use a little push.

Just a few things to cover before we get started:

What is a recipe challenge? Simply put, a recipe is a list of random items to use on your project. The challenge is to use all of the recipe ingredients. You can certainly use MORE of each item in the recipe, but not less!

Feel free to participate with any type of project: card, layout, Project Life, art piece, whatever! Just have fun and be creative! Once you have completed your project upload it to the gallery. (I am not sure you can tag layouts or title them but if you can use #JANRC so we can search for them) Just be sure to post/link it here on this thread so we can all see what you have done and show you some love!

Depending on the participation/interest I will try to post a recipe at the start of each month. I want everyone to have plenty of time to participate and comment on the work of others.

If you have questions or ideas for recipes please let me know and thank you all for participating. I can not wait to see what you create! Happy Scrapping!

Here is the recipe for February: 

-A one word title

-Use yellow and/or Grey somewhere on the LO

-Include one or more stars on the page

• Inkfanatic, jolorvida and Julie Paradise like this

#2 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

Fun! Can't wait to get started :D

Robin

#3 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:10 PM

I wish I had Shimelle's new line so I could use her star paper. I love the layout Noell shared on the blog today where the embellishments are scattered along the bottom edge of the photos. I have a story. And photos. Must scrounge thru my stash to see if I have the paper I need. OR make my own!

#4 Julie Paradise

Julie Paradise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

I wish I had Shimelle's new line so I could use her star paper. I love the layout Noell shared on the blog today where the embellishments are scattered along the bottom edge of the photos. I have a story. And photos. Must scrounge thru my stash to see if I have the paper I need. OR make my own!

Make your own! It's more fun anyways :P  

• janygb143 likes this

#5 jolorvida

jolorvida

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationChicagoland Area

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:41 PM

I followed the Feb Recipe Challenge. Love how it turned out! Here's the link :
http://forum.papercl...age/2547-faith/

#6 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

Very cool Jen. I love how you repeated the one word title. Awesome!

I found some paper and pics to use. Hoping for some quiet time tomorrow to squirrel away in my creative space.

#7 Crayolaswap

Crayolaswap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

http://forum.papercl...e/2594-snuggle/
Here's my entry.
  • Julie Paradise likes this

#8 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:46 PM

I'm still working on this! It's coming, soon I hope

I'm desperate for some Calvinball points. Such a slacker!

#9 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:24 AM

I totally pooped on this. Got started but didn't finish. Something about the page that I don't like. Oh well. Certainly a lot of challenges online everywhere! Is this a new thing? Or a revisit of earlier times?

#10 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

I totally pooped on this. Got started but didn't finish. Something about the page that I don't like. Oh well. Certainly a lot of challenges online everywhere! Is this a new thing? Or a revisit of earlier times?

I think challenges have been around forever but I feel like they are gaining momentum again. Or I could just be the circles I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#11 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:00 PM

I think challenges have been around forever but I feel like they are gaining momentum again. Or I could just be the circles I'm in!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree....they are gaining momentum again. It's not just my imagination.
  • mshanhun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users