Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

Whoo Hoo!
Yep, I put 2015 pics in an album, and got it decorated & journaled, in a day. Today. Just finished. I can't tell you how good it feels to have that done, so we can enjoy looking back on it!
I started out the year with such good intentions (and we all know where that leads, lol!!). I did a title page, and that was as far as I got.
We ended up being so busy putting/having our house on the market & showing it, plus it's just the two of us working at our business (both employees left to stay home with their kids). Needless to say, I didn't get any further than lots of picture taking.
Last week I thought I could print the pictures, and try to find time to put them all in the album, over a few weeks maybe.
And then Thursday night it snowed here. A foot to be exact. We don't get that much snow here usually!
So we got to stay home, yay!! I took advantage and cleaned the house, so I could have today free to get some scrapping done!
Well, once I got started I got on a roll, and before I knew it, I was through May!! I had a break for a couple hours to do dinner & such, then went back to it, and voila! One year done! I can't believe it! I journaled, and embellished too!
Mind you, it is a little more streamlined than my 2013 album (my first PL year - admittedly I got a little carried away, lol)! But there is a super representation of our year in there! I broke it down by month, rather than weekly which is what I did the first time, and it was just too much.
I'm so going to get this year done now too! I had thought of giving up on it, since I felt so behind. Now I know that, for me, monthly is the way to go!!
Thanks for listening! Just had to share with someone who'd get it!
  • janygb143, mshanhun, MiaScraps and 7 others like this

Robin

#2 mshanhun

mshanhun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:11 AM

This is just brilliant- you should email this post to Becky Higgins!! She would love it for her #projectlifetestimonials series :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Inkfanatic and joblackford like this

:) Melissa
http://DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com

Guest on PRT224  New and Shiny - about novel uses for Project Life

Guest PRT238 - Yellow School Bus - about scrapbooking your homeschooling journey

#3 beccaf1970

beccaf1970

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:48 AM

This is just brilliant- you should email this post to Becky Higgins!! She would love it for her #projectlifetestimonials series :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree! This is a great testimonial, and highlights the original purpose of Project Life. Yay you!

Becca
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Inkfanatic and mshanhun like this

#4 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

Thanks!!
I should definitely give Becky (& Kerri Bradford-who designed the edition I used) a shout 😀!
You know, I still in my heart love love love to make traditional pages. But PL has been a game changer for me, as far as getting the story of our year documented! And it's super fun to use too! I can't see myself doing a year long story any other way now!
  • mshanhun and Julie Paradise like this

Robin

#5 nicoleseitler

nicoleseitler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

That is amazing! Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Inkfanatic likes this

#6 nicolemann9

nicolemann9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Wow, that is awesome! Way to go!! It gives me some hope for going back and filling in parts of previous years where I have half the album done...

• Inkfanatic likes this

#7 Brooke

Brooke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast, California

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:45 AM

Giving me hope too! I made it halfway through 2015 and didn't feel like starting 2016. I love the way this kind of scrapbooking lets me keep track of our "small moments" that would get lost in time if they aren't recorded somewhere.You've inspired me to just get the pictures in the house (you KNOW I have enough cards) and tackle it all at once. Thanks!

#8 Inkfanatic

Inkfanatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

You can do it! Believe me!! It feels good to have it done!
I'm inspired now to make a list of projects I want to finish, and get 'em crossed off the list!! Yeah!!
  • nicoleseitler likes this

Robin

#9 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:03 AM

Congrats! You make it sound easy. Makes me think that as a non-PLer (all those plastic pockets would drive me crazy.) I could manage to do a monthly roundup page in 12x12! Do I do it? No, but I should. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • janygb143, mshanhun and Maribethm like this

#10 TiffLB

TiffLB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDover, NH

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

Wow! Congrats...that's so awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users