Photo

An Around the Web type show on the latest and most interesting on-line scrapbooking classes and

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 legal_memories

legal_memories

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

I love taking on-line classes and I have noticed that with Big Picture Classes format so dramatically changed and no more 2 Peas classes that it feels like there are more on-line scrapbooking class offerings, but they are harder to find.

So I would love to know more about Craftsy and Creative Live - both platforms that now offer classes.  And get the thoughts of people who come up with classes and content about how they find ideas and how long it takes to develop a class and a little about the technical aspects of web hosting the class.

It would be cool to have a mix of established designer/ instructors and newer less established instructors from the scrapbooking, art journaling, pocket scrapbooking and even card-making worlds. 

Some guest suggestions:

Shimelle - to discuss changes over time in on-line classes

Wilna Furstenberg - to discuss artful scrapbooking 

Megan Anderson - thenerdnest.com, she is doing a year-long class called Pocket Your Life Scrapbooking

Cathy Zileske - she is doing a year-long scrapbook/ fitness class with students participating via Facebook and through a Fitbit challenge - it's really cool

Kristin from rukristin classes - she has a cool looking feminism themed "all about me" mini-album class called the The Awesome Ladies Project.

Tiare (classygirl) - She is an african-american scrapbooker who does art journaling classes with a multi-cultural theme

• janygb143, Melissa, MiaScraps and 2 others like this

#2 lezleeptmom

lezleeptmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:08 AM

Online Card Classes - Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner - has EXCELLENT classes!

If you're looking for how to put together/market a class, Debbie Hodge has put a program together to support just that.

Craftsy definitely has good programs!

And don't get me started on my disappointment about the BPS changes - I'm going to choose to stay positive instead. ;-) I was a HUGE BPS junkie.

And so MANY going to "subscriptions" for everything - basically a monthly fee? - they're completely losing me. I get the business plan and finances of it. But some of us can't sustain that - not with our voracious level of interest and demand. Those that habitually adore education - will definitely be looking for alternative resources.

• MiaScraps and anandi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users