#1 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:27 PM

10 years ago I made my first Christmas cards. I took some photos of my boys, 2 and 4 at the time, each holding a letter - an "H" and an "O". I then planned to use three of them in a series so it would say "Ho, Ho, Ho." Unfortunately at the time none of the photo cards available had the option of three photos in a series, so I made my own Attached File  2005 Christmas Card.JPG   91.58KB   4 downloads. They were a huge hit and I've been making my cards, always photo-based, ever since.

This being the 10th anniversary of that first set of cards, I thought it would be cute to drag out the same props again and take some more photos. The boys were just as difficult to photograph this year as they were 10 years ago, but I got a few I can use.

Now, the question. Do I use a combination of old photos and new ones, meant to show the changes in the boys? Two old, then one new? One old, then two new? Or do I just do three new, knowing most of the people on my card list will "get it"?

Thanks for your help!

#2 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:22 PM

Super super cute idea!! I think I would do three new pics. BUT, if possible, I would try to do 3 new pics on the front, and a small copy of the old photo on the back! That's just me though :)

#3 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:50 PM

I would do 2 new and the one in the middle old. Because I bet you have new friends that you didn't have 10 years ago. And I love 'ah' moments. And I would probably not remember the card from 10 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

#4 MiaScraps

MiaScraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:25 AM

Love your card idea Laura. Both suggestions above sound great!

#5 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts. I'm using Minted for my printing, and I forgot they have the option to put a photo on the back (single panel card, no fold). So I put three new on the front, then the last of the three above on the back with the note "Hard to believe it's been 10 years since we first did this!" I think this way the front stands on its own, but if people notice the back they'll get a little chuckle about how much my boys have grown!

• janygb143, MiaScraps and anandi like this

#6 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:07 PM

Super cute!! Would love to see the new card. And a layout if you decide to tell the story of the decade project :)

#7 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

I usually do scrapbook the card photos. Maybe I'll get on this year sooner rather than later :)

• janygb143 likes this

#8 Rabea

Rabea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:08 PM

Very nice Laura. I need to make a card for my darling Godson. But I am totally blocked on how to begin. I i a not getting any good idea.can you suggest me. I am also taking help from different gift idea sites. Just browse and found one good link here it is http://www.pureessen...babies-children

They are offering very nice gift items and card.

Can you check it for me??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users