2 replies to this topic

#1 legalscrapper

legalscrapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

Has anyone taken a class with Julie?  I am very interested in taking her class in Santa Ana in January, but it is $280 for two days - major investment. It is hard to put a price tag on an "art experience," but some classes/teachers are better than others and I would love to hear about your experiences. Thanks!

#2 wendyzine

wendyzine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:19 PM

I haven't taken a class, but I do listen to her podcast. Based on what I've heard her say about her teaching philosophy, If I had the money and opportunity, I wouldn't hesitate to take a class from her. She seems really invested in teaching her students in a way that they can fish for themselves... not just walk out with a fish. (you know that saying?)

• janygb143 likes this

Wendyzine Scraps

Studio Wendy @ Scrapbookgraphics  •  Photoshop & Elements Instructor

My Gallery

Guest on The Paperclipping Digi Show (ep 37), Digi Show (ep 27, 65, 91) The Daily Digi Digest (ep 48, 61, 77)

#3 jjflair

jjflair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yes!  I took a 2 day class with Julie in Santa Ana last year!  It was wonderful!  The venue is intimate, with only a dozen or so students, so Julie really gave each student some personal instruction and guidance.  I love that she doesn't just tell you what to do; she explains theory behind her choices and coaxes you to make your own decisions so your work is really yours.  She will also help you critique what isn't working on your piece (the class I took was Painted Papers and Collage) and gently guide while keeping an appreciation for your own aesthetic.  

She is super real and down to earth. The classroom is Jenny Doh's Studio Crescendoh, and she is a lovely host and encourager.  Quite a few of the students had taken classes from Julie before.  3 flew in from Texas to catch her again.  

I say, 2 thumbs up, a couple of knees and an elbow!  I am a JFFB fan girl, but even keeping my bias in check, having an opportunity to take a class from Julie in person is not one to pass up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users