• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

I know this is early, and you all are just barely downloading it, but here is a thread where you can share your thoughts, ideas, questions, etc. :)

Thank you so much for all your purchases of this new course! We appreciate your support.

• sugarlandnana, janygb143 and mshanhun like this

#2 Paulette

Paulette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:05 AM

Noell, I'm really excited about a second dive deep course... Can you tell me how this course will differ from the course Stacy is teaching  with Big Picture in January? I love what you're doing , Happy Day

• Noell, IAmMikki, Dianne and 1 other like this

#3 lezleeptmom

lezleeptmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

Just getting started on listening after IMMEDIATELY purchasing! LOVE the idea of a Stacy Julian/Photo Freedom Deep Dive course - THANKS!! And your Story Centered Album course inspired me I COULD tackle a "Journal Your Christmas" project again as I haven't been able to produce too many pages in awhile so THANKS!! I expanded the concept to include Halloween (started the last couple of days of October) and carrying through - it's OUR holiday season and story. And I'm letting go of hang-ups about ONE entry per day (heck - if the day calls for more, GO for it! IT'S OUR STORY!), doing my best to "keep up" - I made the format VERY consistent and VERY easy to at least scrap in batches. THANKS for the inspiration! Looking forward to kick-starting my Photo Freedom system back into gear. Have to admit I'm mostly looking forward to hearing ADAPTATIONS that work - and you're already touching on the "and now it's all DIGITAL photos" on the very first lesson! Looking forward to enjoying all of it!

• Noell, janygb143 and Ingunn like this

#4 Ingunn

Ingunn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:34 AM

I took Stacy's class in...'08, I think? and now with more digital photos and phone cameras and instagram and everything, my relationship with photos is totally different. Now I'm just processing the photos I want to use either on my blog or for scrapbooking, and printing as needed. But I do want to start printing my best photos regularly again so my daughter can have actual photos to flip through. That whole "don't let your children grow up to be jpegs" thing resonates with me. 

• Noell, janygb143, anandi and 1 other like this

#5 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

Noell, I'm really excited about a second dive deep course... Can you tell me how this course will differ from the course Stacy is teaching  with Big Picture in January? I love what you're doing , Happy Day

Yes -- someone else had asked me that before we made the product page so I answered that question as clearly as I could at the bottom of the page in the Q&A. I hope the answer clarifies it for you. Here's the link:

http://www.paperclip...edom-deep-dive/

• janygb143 and Julie Paradise like this

#6 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

Halfway through Segment 2, and had some thoughts:
1. Stacy is a genius. I'm constantly blown away by her connections and the way she thinks/inspires others!
2. I really want to watch the Peter Jennings series now
3. Love Noell's story about her/Izzy, it inspired a page idea about me and my husband!
4.MBI also makes 3-ring photo binders, but not sure how readily available they are. I found some 2-up ones at Michael's several years ago, but haven't looked recently. There are some old-school looking ones here - http://www.amazon.co...TAOL&ref=plSrch
5. Great so far! Filling the PRT gap ;)
  • Noell likes this

#7 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

Regarding the Peter Jennings series -- It helped me clarify what I'm going for in my Christmas album, which I've been thinking about for a long time. I love scrapbooking Christmas, but when I look through my album, there is always something unsatisfactory about it for me. The Peter Jennings story finally helped me figure out what I want to do with this album. Stay tuned for the next paperclipping video tutorial to see where that leads... :D

• janygb143, Julie Paradise, lezleeptmom and 2 others like this

#8 rachaelnelson

rachaelnelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

I just blew through this whole Deep Dive series..... so terribly fast...um, too fast!!!

I need to listen again (and again) & take notes. I've only just scratched the surface.

Thanks Stacy, Noell & Izzy. :)

We are lucky to have such a wealth of knowledge available to us!
  • Izzy, janygb143, mshanhun and 1 other like this

#9 Ingunn

Ingunn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

Regarding the Peter Jennings series -- It helped me clarify what I'm going for in my Christmas album, which I've been thinking about for a long time. I love scrapbooking Christmas, but when I look through my album, there is always something unsatisfactory about it for me. The Peter Jennings story finally helped me figure out what I want to do with this album. Stay tuned for the next paperclipping video tutorial to see where that leads... :D

Ooh, intriguing!

I'm about halfway through but I'm going to need to listen again because it keeps sparking ideas and then my brain starts wandering. A general thing I've learned with both of this Deep Dive Courses is that I could listen to people talk about album philosophy all day. :)

• Noell, janygb143, anandi and 1 other like this

#10 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:55 PM

I just blew through this whole Deep Dive series..... so terribly fast...um, too fast!!!

I need to listen again (and again) & take notes. I've only just scratched the surface.

Thanks Stacy, Noell & Izzy. :)

We are lucky to have such a wealth of knowledge available to us!

WHAT?!! All 6.5 hours of it?? Wow --  you win! :)

• janygb143 and rachaelnelson like this

#11 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:56 PM

Ooh, intriguing!

I'm about halfway through but I'm going to need to listen again because it keeps sparking ideas and then my brain starts wandering. A general thing I've learned with both of this Deep Dive Courses is that I could listen to people talk about album philosophy all day. :)

I have the same problem! And I like album philosophy, too! So much!!

• rachaelnelson likes this

#12 rachaelnelson

rachaelnelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:41 PM

Yes.  I started it yesterday and finished today.  I listened while working.  :)

WHAT?!! All 6.5 hours of it?? Wow --  you win! :)

• Noell likes this

#13 Scrappy Angel

Scrappy Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBrampton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

I'm almost through the first segment and I love it.  I have Stacy's books, The Big Picture and Photo Freedom; I took the Finding Photo Freedom class with Stacy the last time she taught it (3 years ago?) and I did not hesitate to buy the audio course.  For the price, it is a great bargain to get access to this information.  Even though I have the book and took the class, Stacy is always making slight adjustments to her system.  And even if it were the same content exactly, I find I always pick up extra information/ideas.  Perhaps Stacy will explain some just a little differently or use a different example.  Or even just having the philosophy reiterated again can renew your dedication to the system.  In addition to ALL that, I also get Noell's perspective on the system and how she "adopted and adapted" it to meets her needs.

Buying this course was absolutely a no-brainer for me.   :-)

• Noell, janygb143, Erica Hettwer and 2 others like this

#14 Noell

Noell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Thank you, Scrappy Angel! Good to hear!

#15 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:58 PM

Read this article linked by a friend on Facebook (http://motherboard.v...e=homepage-lede). I was so shocked that it discussed "connections"! I didn't expect the article to take that turn, and reminded me of Section 2 and the dopamine rush of making connections.

I loved these two quotes (From the researcher, NOT a scrapbooker!): “Stories help human beings fight against random chance,” he said. “Meaning is always there for people to find and create,” said Dodds. “Stories help us survive, and they can allow us to flourish.”

Stories matter! :)
  • Noell and Scrappy Angel like this

#16 TinaC

TinaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

I can't seem to post a comment on the home page, it seems to want some kind of verification that I tried numerous times and it's not working. Just a heads up on that.

Here is what I was trying to post:

I bought this as soon as I got the email from Noell! I knew I wanted when it was announced awhile back and then saw what it was about with one of the emails and knew I had to buy it, with no hesitation :) Wow so loving this already and I'm just getting into the 2nd part :) So many juicy tips from Staci! I just now starting to understand why it's best to put all those printed photos in an album prior to scrapping and so glad this is covered. So worth the money and I haven't even heard the other volumes yet :) Thanks to Staci, Noell and Izzy for doing this and thanks for keeping scrapbooking alive for us that just love this hobby <3

In reference to the printed photos in an Album, I recently tried to organize my craftroom a bit (I still have a long way to go) by doing this I came aross so many envelopes and boxes of photos. I needed to get some organization of the photos for my DEC Daily 2014 so I can finish it up, but in that same box from Snapfish I had numerous other photos from the same period of time and a couple earlier months so in one evening I went through that box and organized the photos. But I still have to keep flipping thorugh them for the stories I want to tell. I had one photo album available that I used for my youngest grandson for his 1st year album in staging and I can see that I need to gather the other empty albums I have like this to stage other photos :) I wouldn't have done it or even thought to do it, if it wasn't for Staci's book that I got, a couple of years ago and started to read (not that far into it neither) So I'm glad that I can listen to all her tips before diving back into the book. I would like to make this a major project in Jan after the holidays t get all the photos corraled and delt with so they are then ready to scrap whenever I want to scrap them.

• Noell and mshanhun like this

#17 IAmMikki

IAmMikki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:46 PM

I purchased the class on Thursday and I just completed it today (Friday), and I've listened to episode 2 twice already. I really appreicate all of the inspiration that was provided here (even though I wish there were even more episodes).

I came in to this class working on a hybrid system of both deep dive courses; after I listened to the album philosophy PRT, I immidately went and purchased albums and reorganized years of layouts into a Library of Memories style system; my categories are: Places we go, Me, Kaylee (my daugher), Disneyland, and a "catch all" of holidays/school/extra activities. Then I took the story album deep dive and I've segmented out a few smaller categories that I wanted to cultivate into stories. I can't wait to impliment the staging binder, I can already tell that it will be such a huge help when it comes to prioritizing and what a great feeling to empty and fill a binder.

This class really made me think, especially with the 3 star photos idea (which is so cool!) about what my 3 star stories are and after taking the True Scrap 7, I'm planning to tell those older but important stories while on the go so it doesn't feel like I've abandoned the current things I love to scrap but I'm also telling stories that may seem otherwise overwhelming.

My only question is; people travel places other than Disneyland?
  • Noell, TinaC, mshanhun and 2 others like this

#18 TinaC

TinaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

My only question is; people travel places other than Disneyland?

LOL! Yes they do :) On the east coast we have Disney World

• Noell, IAmMikki and mshanhun like this

#19 L Squared

L Squared

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

I'm loving the course - thank you for taking the time to put it together. I hope there are more in the works :)

I'd love to hear how other digital scrapbookers are adapting her systems.

• Noell and bestcee like this

#20 lezleeptmom

lezleeptmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:12 AM

Finished! (had crafty projects to work on while listening) Adored! Must re-listen to at least segments 2, 3, and maybe 7 in particular. I'm still mulling over much of it. This was FABULOUS for an LOM alum who's struggled to keep the system current with where I'm at in life now. PSE 6 (yes) took a major dump on me with a couple of computer changes and all my beautiful and hard work on tagging - there! - but NOT the same as it was. (lumps of tags - beats nothing, yes - but not all prettily separated) Major source of frustration, giving up, and now dragging heels.

I've learned YES - I WAS an over-printer! Time to LET GO of the guilt of having gone the OTHER direction and STOPPED PRINTING. (yes, I have EHD, cloud back-up's - all will not be lost) I need to find my "enough" for this system is what it comes down to. What CAN I make time to scrap to DO any printing. And I DON'T have to print ALL my photos! (rejoice!) It's too many years and too many pix, even at 3-star level - hey - it's too easy to pull out the camera for MORE pix.

I feel like I'm in sort of this twixt and tween world that Stacy has set up of traditional vs digi scrapping. When I "scrap," I'm predominantly "traditional" - paper and adhesive for me, often computer journaling. But Time - that's tricky. I DID decide to commit FOR NOW and THIS YEAR to doing a daily holiday album. For THAT, I'm printing as I go and as needed. And it's working. The printing how much and what still gets me at the moment. Nothing isn't the answer - but all isn't either. Even all 3-stars! I am absolutely UNABLE to keep up on THAT level of scrapping to KEEP the system rolling. I DO like the "no more than 5 yrs printed" idea - that feels manageable. But I need to find my "enough" I think.

Which takes me back to my more primary need is photo TRIAGE. Losing the organization of PSE, I'm at least shuffling pix into year/quarter folders on my computer. Starring - not sure that's an option in such a simple system, but I'll look for it. Rating metadata and ability to retrieve at that level - maybe that will make it worth the upgrade to PSE 14 now (wow).

Oh - you DON'T have to tag EACH photo with EVERY category drawer tag??? LOL! Yes - overboard there too. (oh, but it WAS delicious to simply pick a single category and see ONLY and ALL of those pix!) TOO many individual break-out categories. APPRECIATE the clarification and urge to pause, marinate, stick with bigger categories and only after ages get small. My drawers are set-up, tabs are in place. Maybe I'll dust them off - and then that takes me back to the pix are all digi at the moment.

I NEED to at least get the pix onto thumbs and USE them on digital frames. For ALL of the family (not just me but at the same time including me!) to ENJOY them AND to let them inspire me with stories and connections. This may be my initial category drawer reentry - for now. Still thinking and marinating.

Still more thoughts rumbling in my head - just initial a-ha's from my first run-through of the course. SO many thanks for this! Having LOM/Photo Freedom in audio format for continual replay if I want is a major boost at this time in my life!

• Noell and mshanhun like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users