5 replies to this topic

#1 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:42 PM

I've had a Flickr account for a few years, but I really haven't uploaded much there (just the pics I use for our business blog). Tell me about how you use Flickr! What's the best way to use Flickr to share and/or backup pics? Should I use Flickr Uploadr if I want it to play nicely with Lightroom? Does it handle RAW files? How do you manage privacy settings (upload all to the same folder, then manually change the privacy settings for photos you want to make public?)? Lots of questions... want to do all my research before investing the time in learning to use it :) Thanks in advance!!

• kerigmt likes this

#2 BethQuiroz

BethQuiroz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

Good questions! I only upload JPEGs to Flickr to save on space. Yes, 1TB is a ton of space, but I still like to maximize my allotted space.

• janygb143 likes this

My blog: bethsblatherings.blogspot.com

Instagram:  http://instagram.com/divinemsq

Guest on PRT Episode #205: Cheesy At Heart

VENI VIDI VELCRO - I came, I saw, I stuck around

#3 kerigmt

kerigmt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCleveland-ish, OH

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:02 AM

I started using my Flickr account more after I had to give up my SmugMug account.  I like the increased storage, but I'll admit I don't utilize it.  I have uploaded my digi-scrap pages more for sharing than anything and since I've been enjoying the Tinyplanet filter from an app on my phone, I'll upload directly from my phone which is fairly simple.  Not 100% how to get the new file uploaded to my actual Tinyplanet album, so I will eventually remember to go to my account from my desktop and then move the photos then. 

Anything I upload I have no privacy issues with, so I assume they are all public.  I follow a few people and have it set up on my phone so that I get updates when they post new photos, it shows up in my HTC Sense feed.

While I'm sure there is more I can do with it, I like it and find what I do to be very easy to use.

• janygb143 likes this

My digital scrapbook pages are here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/kdogf5/

Instagram is here:  http://instagram.com/kerigmt

#4 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

I use Flickr for all my digi pages, and extended family photos. 

What I did:

I set my settings to the most private. That way, if I forget it's too restricted rather than not restricted enough.

When I upload I stick the layout in a folder by year. At that point I can also change the privacy settings on multiple pages at once. I've never used the Lightroom function, I just open up Flickr and upload away. I did use the Flickr sharing in PSE14 and that worked fine.

• kerigmt likes this

#5 janygb143

janygb143

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

Bestcee, do you upload directly from the folder in Finder/Windows Explorer? Lightroom is kind of my "home base" so I rarely ever look at or access pics outside of LR!

#6 bestcee

bestcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:22 PM

Yep. I open the folder with my photos, and open up the Flickr window. Then I drag and drop from one to the other.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
  • janygb143 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users